Walgreens Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 2,998 reviews matching the search See all 25,051 reviews
good first job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  6707 Pittsford Palmyra Road Fairport 14450September 24, 2018
this job is good for youths entering the work force. Gives a overall lesson in the work force and teaches young adults how to coordinate and organize work duties and tasks.
very well maintained
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 24, 2018
I appreciate how much they help customers in the particular store i worked at as opposed to other stores. I would say customer service is their best quality
Pros
good working environment, clean, safe
Cons
not enough money
Great coworkers, errratic managment.
Customer Service/Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Managers movie in an out constantly.
Inconsistant in applying company polices and prosedures.
Enjoyed working with coworkers and customers.
Fasted paced, lots of variety.
Horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 23, 2018
Worst job I’ve ever had management talk about employees and create drama. I applied for a part time job and was juggling high school while working 40 hours when I clearly said part time. The manager would tell me when we hire someone new we’ll give you less hours she’s hired up to 10 employees I still had the same hours. I was never trained EVER I stayed at the register while everyone else did totes or photo I never did anything. I called corporate and she hired new people to try and replace me. I worked there since February and left in September we had like 11 people who left including me 12 it’s a horrible job. One person quit after a day and another after 2 weeks.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Great work place, very calm environment, employees and managers are friendly and accommodating! I would recommend this work place to anyone seeking employment
good place
CSR/PHOTO (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2018
great place to learn people skills and some fine trade skills, i was trained to develop 35mm aswell as digital film off professional machines, as well as banners and other wall posters

i also learned about inventory management, each employee manages and orders their own inventory directly from the comuter system
Pros
pride in work, you feel very needed and useful
Cons
low pay, lots of employee turnover, seems like constantly training
Small workplace, with lots of tasks to be done.
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Since I was an intern, my job was very different from everyone else's. Yes, I got paid the same as them but I mostly stocked shelves and accommodated to customers needs on the sales floor. I never was on register, but I met a lot of nice people and all of the managers were very nice.
Wonderful place to work at for college/high school students.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Very flexible hours, with an amazing staff. Not stressful what so ever. Nice little benefits such as paid time off, and holiday pay. Would recommend to a friend.
interesting place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2018
i work in the evening
come in clock in
deal with the photo area
people complain about the littlest things
they i have to do stocking and cleaning
most photo project take up a lot of time
face the entire store
clean the bathroom and stockroom
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
I really did like going to work most days. The one major downfall that I did not like was my hours were all over the place! I am a member of a parent organization in my children's school and I had a very hard time keeping my commitment since my work hours were never the same. I liked that the store was pretty busy most of the time making my day/night seem to go faster. I did not like when you have to ask everyone if they wanted to get their flu shots, during the cold and flu season, or when the "be well" tag line was being used! What's wrong with just saying to someone, "hope you have a nice day"? Or every person that walked into the door you'd have to say "welcome to Walgreens", pretty sure they know where they are! I sometimes would forget, and just simply say "hi" or "welcome" and those were not good enough! But more than not, the work flow made up for this!
Great Job
Retail Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILSeptember 18, 2018
As a high schooler working is a great job to have and you can learn a lot about retail by working with adults. The job is fast paced at times but depending on the people you work with you can have a lot of fun.
Low Pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2018
I started out at $9/hr. And I only get about 20-23 hours per week. Which is close to nothing when I receive my check - considering I have bill(s) to pay & a family to support.
After the first week I went from about 38 hours a week to 20. Huge decrease.
There is a high theft rate and a very slow paced environment. A lot of people quit because it’s too boring — but the bright side to that is it is non stressful.
Pros
Non-stressful
Cons
Few hours, low pay, no set schedules
Quick paced and competitive environment, friendly co workers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake, MSSeptember 18, 2018
The job asks for you to take on several task with what seems like a very limited amount of time. Team members are flexible enough to compensate when need be.
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Typical manager duties. Open or close the store. Deal with customers. Close one night and open the next morning was never fun. Employees were nice and made the day more fun especially if everyone is working together and on the same page. Never had any issues with the Store Managers Ive worked with.
Pros
Cons
close then open the next day
A positive good work experience in retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good training on how to interact with customers. Good Manager, helpful and informative, good to work with and not arrogant. Likeable, Helpful coworkers.
Pros
Training with Lunch
Crummy-job with close-knit staff
Retail and Pharmacy Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 17, 2018
-typical day at work (typical responsibilities) -rotate/receive inventory, stock shelves, help customers, cash register, photo lab (easy PC work), tidy/clean store, check expiration dates
-what i learned -learned how to be patient
-management- can be hit or miss, some micromanage and crave authority, others are respectable straight-shooters and some are too nice.
-workplace culture?
-hardest part of the job- cleaning restrooms and, in general, making it through the day
-most enjoyable part of the job- helping customers
Fun and relaxable, entry level job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2018
Would recommend if you are looking for an entry level job with okay pay.
Work hour is very flexible for part-time employees
Doesn't need much experience.
Ok for extra money I guess
Customer Service Associate/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Pay doesn’t match work. Open all year round and there is no excused sick days. Dk I if this goes for all stores but management is immature and loves to gossip.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks & open 365 days a year
Stressful and unproductive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 16, 2018
making sure customers are satisfied. :I have learned that how to make all regular customer laugh.: I get along with all my management.: It is high we are all busy.: The heavy lifting like the cases of water and the sodas.: The customers who put a smile on your face and make you laugh.
Pros
I have made alot of friends over the years
Cons
I have been in retail to long, Need a change
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
you have to work there to see
its something new everyday
been with this company for nearly 12 years
my usual job is in quality control but those jobs are in the burbs
overall, walgreens is not going anywhere anytime soon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight