Walgreens Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Horrible management and incentives
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 18, 2018
Most of the managers only sit in their offices and don't help train you or anything and assistant manager and up are the only people who receive bonuses. If you need to change your schedule at all your hours get cut drastically.
Overall got to learn and grow as an employee.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 18, 2018
In the years that I have been working there it's actually a really good place to grow your skills and learn new ones to be an exceptional employee and as a person.
Its Ok
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 17, 2018
Starting pay for team members is higher than other places in the area, Work schedule is always shifting around though. Must be very flexible. Breaks in pharmacy are not always given.
Unrealistic expectations for the retail employees, showing favoritism to the pharmacy employees.
Shift front lead (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 17, 2018
The fluctuating hours of shift work is out of life to work balance. Under the umbrella of “fair scheduling” employees have no schedule preferences and are no longer allowed to trade shifts for better accommodations. If you are in lower mgt breaks and lunches are not considered a human need. Work load is high with little to no other employee help on the sales floor. Expected to know and function highly in pharmacy yet, still required to complete the unrealistic workload expectations of the retail area.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Work to life balance is very off, inconsiderate scheduling and shift work hour fluctuations, breaks/lunches are not considered important to store managers, expectations to reality is unrealistic.
Great Job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 17, 2018
Gives you the opportunity to grow your customer service skills, and how you treat customers in the long run, plenty of opportunity to reach higher management if you put in the work
For retail, this is the best one!
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 16, 2018
I worked for Walgreens for 8 years and it was the best decision I ever made. I held several positions throughout my time there and as far as retail jobs go, this is the best place to work. I loved my boss and the communication the team had. I learned a lot and it is partly due to my time there that helped me land my current job. Like retail though, there were the downsides of being open 365 days, we never shut down, so we had to work holidays and weekends. The job did offer benefits were actually pretty good, the 401K package was amazing! If you are in need of a retail job, I would highly suggest trying out Walgreens. I love them.
Pros
communication, benefits, 401K, flex scheduling
Cons
working holidays and weekends, compensation is not the greatest
Walgreens was one of my favorite places to work!
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2018
I don't have anything negative to say about my time spent as a shift lead at Walgreens except, the over night shift was brutal. That is actually the only reason why I left. It started to make me physically sick. As far as the employess, the culture and the company goes, Walgreens is the best. Everyone was nice and professional and the company provided great benefits! I learned how manage my staff better because my store manager was always mentoring me. I'm so glad he made time to help me learn and grow in my position.
Pros
Great benefits
steady
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2018
can be very busy you can work alot. with really know time for your family. I worked nights most of the time which made it hard for my family. But I did like what I was doing because i am a people person and love to help in any way I can
Fun place to work.
Store Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 14, 2018
Not a lot of social time for family and friends. You meet a lot of nice people. You learn a lot from management team and they do like to promote from within. I was with the company for 10 yrs. However, my mother took ill and left to take care of her.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a lot of social time for family and friends.
Walgreens
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
Sometimes hours can be conflicting in that schedules are not as flexible because being regularly short staffed. Otherwise the regular team members were amazing people
Shift lead/CSA (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GAAugust 13, 2018
At first I liked my job and boss, then he was transferred to another store right when he promoted me. This resulted in poor training and went down hill from there. As soon as he left, the store started to lose it's luster.
Worst place ever worked
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2018
This was the worst place i have ever worked. the manager that i had never dealt with confrontation so whenever faced with it he would cower away from it. it was the worst place to ever be employed.
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAAugust 9, 2018
Walgreens gives you the opportunity to growth within the company. Employees within this organization, are very friendly and are willing to help you to achieve any specific goals you set out to accomplish.
Nice work
Shift Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
Managers need help. It us hard to handle customers, pharmacy, and unruly associates when you have 3, 2 , and sometimes 1 associates to work with. Other than that, it was okay
Stable Employment, Employee-Supportive Culture
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 7, 2018
Great Company. Short-term or long-term, you will find what you are looking for at Walgreens. Many employee resources, flexible hours, high management support, strong capacity to climb the corporate ladder.
No work life balance.
a shift lead (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 7, 2018
Walgreen inationaly promises work life balance but then I got stuck working the night shifts and the weekends. The turnover rate is so bad. The people Walgreen promote are not qualified to be in that position and the people they turn down are the people who have to train the promotee to do their job. That was not fair.
Pros
Got store manager
Cons
No work life balance, and poor assistant management
Fun place to work
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 7, 2018
Walgreens is a great entry level job with great opportunities to grow. You can start off as a customer service associate and grow into a manger role in no time.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Benefits
great company
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 6, 2018
The company offers many great benefits but working in the pharmacy is definitely stressful. Depending on the management and store leadership the store will succeed or fail.
Run of the mill retailer with no room for advancement
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Twin Oaks, MOAugust 6, 2018
A haphazardly run company with different expectations between corporate entities and the bottom line that leads to sometimes confusing and outright bad decisions by management.
Good place to work.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Lots of creative tasks involved. Management at my store was below average. Great prescription coverage. Other insurance wasn't good.
Pros
Cheap prescriptions.
Cons
Short breaks if any. Insurance not good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K
47.6K
36.3K
22K
11.5K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walgreens.