Walgreens

United States39,964 reviews

Found 39,964 reviews matching the searchSee all 40,108 reviews
pharmacystorepharmacistphotoprescriptioncustomerretailcustom

Overworked and Underpaid

Working in the pharmacy was quite the learning experience. Pretty much all of the training is on the job and you just learn by doing and asking questions. If you need to learn differently, then this job is not for you. You can be understaffed a lot which gets a lot of patients angry with you not realizing how many tasks you have to keep tabs on. There are rarely any moments to breathe between tasks but usually your coworkers are very supportive and understanding because no one else will be. Prepare to have no energy after a shift.

Pros

flexible availability

Cons

worst combination of retail and healthcare, underpaid

What is the best part of working at the company?layback. friendly team members easy to work with.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working with inpatient or frustrated customers.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is a layback environment. What is a typical day like for you at the company?calm and relaxing workday typically.

Productive and fun workplace

Good hours, good pay, fun environment. Learned customer service & management skills. Good training, good work/home life balance. I’d definitely work here again!

Not worth it

The pay is terrible and the amount of work they put on you will make you go crazy. The customers are rude and the pharmacists are unprofessional.not a good work environment

Great

Great place to work the employees are friendly, they don’t overwork employees, a good pay for what your doing, and it is very chill not hectic or over crowded.

Official response from Walgreens

January 25, 2023
Thank you for sharing your positive work experience with us.

What is the best part of working at the company?I was able to take days off and rearrange my schedule when needed. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?EVERYTHING WAS STRESSFUL.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?For the most part, very friendly co-workers.

Terrible Company Culture

I had various responsibilities in 3 stores across multiple departments (general sales, cosmetics dept., Hallmark dept., photo lab tech, even briefly cashiered in the pharmacy), and let me tell you - for just above minimum wage, with no viable opportunities for advancement at my stores, it was not worth it. Customers were awful. Many of my managers could not delegate tasks appropriately. When a live-in family member died suddenly overnight, I had to call out of work to wait for the coroner to arrive, and was told by the store manager that I was responsible for finding someone to cover my shift? No, that is what management gets paid for, not associates. And no one from my store or regional management were supportive with disability accommodations when that time came, either.

What is the best part of working at the company?Not sure there isWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Don't mess up, you make one mistake and you are out the doorWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?People are usually greatWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?You are given equipment that never works properly, people do as they please, there is no management because when the store manager doesn't enforce rules what is a shift lead supposed to do?

Good company, terrible management

I enjoyed my job there but was terminated for the following. A drink that I didn't pay for. You could have asked me to just pay at the end of my shift when I wasn't busy and I would have happily done so, instead you chose to terminate and claim "damages". I wouldn't work again here if my life depended on it and nor should you.

Pros

N/a

Challenging but. Very rewarding

Above industry pay. Experienced techs can expect even higher. Health. AMAZING. My personal Rx dropped by over $1700/month. Extremely demanding and fast paced. Excellence and perfection expected for every single script. This is STRICTLY enforced. But we’re actually dealing life and death so….. not a bad thing. Management is amazing at all levels. Corporate plays hands off thankfully. Good job. If u can hack it.

Pros

Rx plan, employees discount, accruing PTO

Cons

No breaks. Just one 30 min unpaid lunch., oftentimes that’s on a 10 hours shift

Official response from Walgreens

January 25, 2023
Thank you for sharing your positive work experience with us!

Easy with the right management

Very simple job, only becomes tiresome if management is poor or unavailable. Average work days are simple tasks that can either be finished quickly and make the rest of the shift feel like a drag, or long enough to keep you occupied.

Good store

Love the staff at my store , not the company. The only reason I stay with this company is for my coworkers and boss. Walgreens is not my first choice of companies to work for.

Poor management

Poor management makes for a poor working environment. Store managers have final say over everything and often do not have any idea about pharmacy regulations.

Retail heavy

Customer Good team. Very busy. I enjoyed my time here but it was very busy. It is not necessarily a learning environment for a young intern. It has great retail experience though.

Good people, unbalanced hours.

It's an easy enough job, but they also expect more out of each position, example if you are a cashier they expect you to stock and face shelves when not that busy meanwhile keeping you eyes open for customers waiting.

Pros

easy, nice co-workers, small store

Cons

rude costumers, juggling more than 1 thing at a time.

Just isn't what it used to be

It's a great first job with a small environment. Benefits are dwindling away to almost nothing. Environment is very hostile, most are extremely stressed out with all that we have to do. It's not a reasonable workload amount. I was here 10 years until I couldn't take it anymore.

Mentally unhealthy scheduling, unrealistic expectations with consitantly short staff

Prepare to have no personal life: this position has a schedule that changes from days to nights to mid-shift randomly in one week; sometimes with only a 12hr gap between. Store manager would expect everyone to make up for their being consistently at LEAST 4 employees short of a full staff. Thats not to mention the ones hired who dont show up, call in late or are generally just dont pull their weight and get away with it. Shift leads take the blame and extra work while the manager takes all the credits. The only positive disciplinary actions I witnessed are those of employees getting a pat on the back for pushing a promo to customers. Maybe the shift leads should stick together and raise concern... but no, theyre too busy tattle tailing on you for something they do themselves. #BrowniePointsYoull be required to sit by and watch visitors steal and do absolutely nothing about. Meanwhile, you are required to check every employees bags before they leave.

Love it

Great place to work. Laid back type job but has it busy moments. Great benefits and pay. Moving up in the business is easy and fast. Love walgreens! .

Good Staff, Horrible Company

It's clear Walgreens doesn't care for it's employees. This is proven over and over again, recently by the $25 Walgreens rewards account Christmas bonuses. They make us work severely understaffed then get mad when we get behind. I only stay for the amazing staff.

Eh

It was a fun job but the after the store manager left me and my other coworkers had to run a store by our selves for a month and then new manager came and treated us like dogs wouldn’t even let us go to the bathroom and watched over our shoulders

Can be good Depending on co-workers/management

With a good crew and a good pharmacist working here is actually pretty decent. But towards the end of my time there we had co workers who would slack off and would get away with it because the competent employees would have to pick up the slack and be pressured too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Walgreens with

• Walgreens
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?