Walker & Dunlop Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Senior GSE Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 20, 2017
The shop is productive, however does not know when to cut the spigot off for the year. New transactions are signed up for closing in 2017 as late as mid - November, making it very difficult to meet the clients expectations.
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 1, 2017
Generally, this was a great place to work. Training was superb. Compensation was great. Everyone receives a lot of support. They truly have an open door policy.
Great Place to Work
Special Project (Current Employee) –  Bestgate, MDMay 31, 2017
Look at 3 monitors to be able to analyst data everyday. They participate in many philanthropic and volunteer opportunities, which makes it fun for the employees!
Analyst
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2017
Company seemed like a great fit, but it depends on supervisor. Some areas are extremely overworked. Pay is good with many company incentives and perks. Favortism with bosses determines how your experience is with the company. Appear to be more attracted to young college students entering job market and young adults.
Great Company, Super Corporate
Multi-Family Financing Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2017
I had a 6-month intensive internship with Walker & Dunlop in their New Orleans office. The Nola team did underwriting for multi-family deals. It was a great experience for me, and I got a ton of exposure. But the company culture was a little bland - I just found it to be a little monotonous and "corporate"
Pros
Support and compensation
Cons
culture
na
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 17, 2016
Management doesn't appreciate hard work and they don't even care, people I worked with are nice some of them I keep in touch. The company it self is a small ok.
Great family atmoshpere
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 26, 2016
Very fast paced workplace, one of the top 5 real estate financial services firms in the US. #1 Fannie Mae DUS and HUD lender in the country, in the top 5 Freddie Mac lenders in the country servicing over $50B in assets. If you're searching for a career in the real estate financial services industry, this is the place to be.
Pros
Great benefits, salary, bonus potential
Cons
Long commute - 2+ hours each way for me
Awesome
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 1, 2015
The company is very prestigious, and I appreciate that they push me to become a better employee/overall person. I love that every day, I am learning something new.
Strong working environment.
Multifamily Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 4, 2014
Strong working environment. Excellent training opportunities. Good culture.
Good fringe benefits and rewards
Senior Analyst - Investor Reporting Department (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 29, 2014
The co-workers were great before the takeover. Most of the people are gone post-acquisition. I enjoyed every aspect of my job in terms of the extensive reporting to investors. It was challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Free coffee, great work hours
Cons
No loyalty to employees from old company; most were let go and their own employees were retained.
Fun place to intern
Capital Markets Group Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 20, 2013
Great real estate company with a fun atmosphere. Really smart people and you work directly with upper management.
Worked for Walker and Dunlop for a short period of time
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 18, 2012
They bought CWCapital LLC and then laid off most of the Needham servicing staff. They, however, were very transparent and amicable to the transition.
Great company with wonderful management
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2012
Growing company, lots of career opportunities and opportunity for advancement
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 18, 2012
Working with Walker & Dunlop I have learned the value of building relationships. Each day is different, and I have learned quite a bit about the Walker & Dunlop culture. Our CEO stresses that we are so successful because of our culture, and I feel our HR department does a wonderful job incorporating activities that bring people together.

Thoughout my time at Walker & Dunlop, I have learned that people are such an asset to any company. Without making the people happy within each department, the company will not operate smoothly.

I really enjoy our Wellness program. I have basically developed out wellness program from the ground up. I have help transform our new CoreHealth site, and motivate people to become active.
Pros
happy hours, company outings, positive ceo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker & Dunlop. Our community is ready to answer.