Walker Engineering Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cool place
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Everyone is laid back anything is always understanding when you Needed to take off and handle family situations And it’s cool birthday very brutal making sure you have everything you need to finish a project
Company would make you go out your own way, and go back and forth to places without even it being ready or approved.
Lead man (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
Waste of time here, they don’t value their employees.
No raises whatsoever , and I’ve seen their best guys mistreated daily for any little thing, you will never see the same people here because of the amount that quit.
no comments
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2018
No opinion about a typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job. Amen
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive working environment with a focus to make projects safer and better
QA/QC COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
There is an atmosphere of pride in the company as a product. The employees want to create a better product by being safer and taking the extra step for better quality.
Good people working there. They felt like family.
electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2018
The employees came together to help me in time of need and I never had coworkers like that before. May God bless them! They really showed some emotional support.
Pros
Caring employees
Cons
Company doesnt care about employees familys
stressful
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
A lot of overtime required.
Poor working conditions.
Hard to get to job. job location
The restroom conditions were dirty.
A lot of weekend work required.
Good company to work for
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 7, 2018
Walker Engineering kept their employees busy even during the slow times, they didn't like to lay employees off due to the lack of work.

The people, from the Division Vice President all the way down to the Techs in the field are great people to work for and with.
Pros
great benefits, occasional free lunch supplied by the management, great bunch of people to work for.
Cons
Tight deadlines, few opportunities for OT.
General Labor
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2018
Some of the work can be classified as just general labor but the majority of the time its a good job to have. You gotta really be dependable in order to grow in the company.
Pros
travel a bit with various projects
Cons
can sometimes work a lot of overtime hours which can be a pro but to each their own.
Great place for apprentice to start the trade
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I started Electrical trade working for walker back in dec 2004 my first job was at Cabelas in Buda tx, then I worked for them in a few Data centers Austin, Georgetown Tx, San Antonio microsoft I learned a lot working for this company, I did lots of heavy commercial jobs with them made good money for starting in the trade, my opinion great place to work for, today I work Zachry as Electrical Qc inspector great memories from walker engineering.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
N/a
Family - like
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Walker genuinely cares for their employees and their families. I got terminated from walker and they still tried to make sure that my family and myself had all we needed during the Hurricane and the aftermath. I have never worked for anyone that has done this. Even after I was terminated. Great company. I hope to get a chance to get in their family circle again, soon.
Pros
Great company
productive workplace
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 6, 2017
The hardest part of the job is working in a cold work environment specifically outdoors and having deadlines to complete tasks sometimes running out of material. The most enjoyable part is always learning how things are installed in different projects as an Apprentice Electrician (learning tricks of the trade).
Pros
always learning
Cons
Harsh work environments such as working outdoors in the winter, with a parking space about half a mile from your workstation.
Fun fast paced environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CANovember 2, 2017
great place to learn a multitude of skills and grow professionally, company promotes from within so advancement is very possible and employees are very well taken care of.
Working at Walker Engineering
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
It was a job that kept me busy for a while until I was laid off. Learned a few new things that I didn't know when I started. For instance, how to run UPS.
fast paced with strict work environment
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 23, 2017
very strict work environment that is more like a prison than a jobsite and the foreman/superintendents like to put productivity of employee safety. They also tend to look for reasons to terminate employees when it gets to the end of a jobsite even though they say they have a lot of work
Pros
good co workers
Cons
bad management
No comment
Project Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Long hard workday.
Management was good.
Workplace culture was good.
Stress was very high.
Enjoyed solving the day to day problems and working with a staff of quality workers.
not a good place to be
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
walker doesn't seem to be able to provide the materials needed to complete the job and when the materials do come, we are expected to work excessive amounts of overtime to complete job. having management degrade and call you vulgar names isn't a plus either! constantly being threatened with your job isn't a healthy work environment.
Pros
Cons
there are no breaks, location of job, no material, leadership isnt logical
Good company, plenty of work. Very political when it comes to management.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoy working for Walker but realize there isn't much room for advancement and jobsite management is out of order. I want to keep growing as an electrician and don't see that happening where I'm at.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Little room for advancement
Decent place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
Depends who you work with the job can be a good place to work. no raises and there are no bonuses. benefits are comparable to other companies. decent place to work
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay
Generally a good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Management are nice and as long as you come in every and set your best foot forward you wont have a problem here. Good pay, comfortable environment, and great staff.
Walker Engineering
Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 13, 2017
Walker Engineering was a good place to work. There was lots of opportunities to learn and to grow. However, there was not much room for advancement.