Walker Methodist Employee Reviews

Very satisfying to work in a location that is actually home to so many seniors.
Foundation Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2018
As one of a two-member Foundation team, I was able to work on a variety of initiatives. I obtained new skills and had direct responsibility for the completion of many projects.
Wonderful Workplace!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNNovember 20, 2018
Walker Methodist Levande is truly an amazing workplace. From job advancement opportunity to work collaboration, this workplace allows your job to turn into a career! Management at Levande has always been extremely approachable, not condescending, and always open to discuss issues the employees find. My co-workers are amazing as well-- everyone is willing to help each other out when needed and open to discuss needs.
It is really rewarding to see how your own work can enrich the lives of older adults in the community!
Pros
Great coworkers, understanding management
Great coworkers, fun environment, wonderful community
Resident Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 4, 2018
My typical day at work is usually full and interesting.
Management is good it is a fresh team who have all worked in different levels of work in the community so they understand the struggles of each department. The workplace culture is really a fun group. They are supportive and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job is usually just the normal struggles that come with working with seniors.
I love working with seniors, they have so many stories and lessons to teach you. I learn more every single day.
I love it here!
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Our leadership team is wonderful. My boss and her boss are two of the hardest working ladies I've ever met. They would never ask us to do anything that they wouldn't do themselves and are so quick to respond when we need help (even during nights & weekends)

Everyone from maintenance to culinary to resident services is so friendly & helpful - not just with each other but also with our residents. You can tell just by watching the waitstaff interact with residents at dinner time that they really care about the residents and likewise the residents love talking to them.

Yes, it does get hectic here at times, especially if there's a 911 call or a super hot day pushes the AC units too hard. But no matter how busy we get, you never feel like you're facing it alone.

I absolutely recommend Walker Methodist Highview Hills in Lakeville as a wonderful place to work or live.
Pros
The leadership team, the residents, rewarding work
Culture is Infectious!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I get up every morning excited to come do the work I do - Walker Methodist Highview Hills is a great team - knowledgeable and compassionate! I know every day I am given the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of older adults!
Totally Recommend! Awesome environment!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Walker Methodist is a great place to work! We have a culture and environment that is so unique and familial! We truly operate like a giant family. Management is amazing and so helpful, whether its finding answers to all of our crazy questions and requests or getting right down on the floor working when there's a call in or shortage. There is no Us vs. Them mentality. We are a true TEAM! Relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment. Every member of our team truly cares for our residents and for each other. Competitive wages and benefits. HIGHLY recommend for work or living!
Pros
Friendly, great hours, free meal, welcoming environment
Cons
Can get stressful
Very competitve and intense work environment.
Education Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2018
This company, on the corporate side, has a competitive and strained working environment. I never felt that my job was secure, and this led me to apply to Hamline University, to to expand my education.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Salaried position
Excellent company for vertical mobility. Willing to take ridkd
President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2018
Would recommend this company to anyone that was interested in working for a multi faceted health care company. Excellence board. Allowed employees to take risks.
Pros
Compensated you for a job well done
Supportive coworkers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 26, 2018
A great place to work! I have felt valued as an employee and very appreciated by the residents. This is a caring and supportive environment to work in.
no productive place
Cook. Open the dinning (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044July 1, 2018
the management is the worst, the Executive Cook just is in the office, almost never cook or help, and her boss and the boss of her are completely dummies to understand the needs of the kitchen and the people

Want to know more about Walker Methodist?

Ask a question
Hard workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 11, 2018
It was a hard work place especially as a housekeeper in a senior community.
Certain staff that were not housekeepers thought being a housekeeper was an easy job. It is a hard job and you use your entire body.
Have Never Felt So Unappreciated
prefer not to mention (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2018
Worked my best for all the years I was there, but never was shown any appreciation. Corporate needs to be overhauled. They frequently make decisions without consulting any employees. They find a way to skirt around the union.
Pros
The residents are enjoyable
Cons
Read the review
It was such a pleasure to work at Walker.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
Well I love what I do been a nurse assistant over 15 years and my work shows, I work for my residents and if I care to much I'm sorry I would work for them again if giving the chance.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2018
They Hire anyone. The don’t care if u professional or not. You come in late they don’t care. The aide do little to nothing rude to staff and loud at this job
Pros
Patients, some staff
Cons
Rude and unprofessional Aides
Horrible management
RA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Very poorly managed staff, lost a lot of great workers due to poor management. Management lies and is very deceptive to staff. Uncomfortable leaving memory care unit for extended periods of time. Poor training. Ran by management that has little to no experience in assisted living. High turn over rate. Makes staff work endless days/ hours in a row. Made one person work over 24 hours. Another person worked over a month straight. Over time only for working over 40 hours in a work week.
Pros
Good hours, great residents
I enjoyed working here
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 3, 2018
My manager really showed they cared and worked so hard with me as I was dealing with my own personal issues. I worked at the front desk and rarely had issues with people. Of course can't get along with everyone but that's life. I hope that I can still have an opportunity to work with the company because I was progressing with a real career and want to be there.
Pros
Meals, Independence, responsibilities, interactions
Cons
Some people are rude
Great people to work with at a quick pace
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Most days we would prep for either breakfast, lunch and dinner. The quick paced part would be when the people would fill in the dinning room and we have to take orders and grab food. I learned more communication skills as well moving more cautiously and quickly. The management is great and everyone is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is remembering what everyone in your section needs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and being able to work out issues that occur with them.
Horrible Management
Other (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
High turnover even at leadership level, poor communication amongst departments and department heads, and very poor work/life balance for employees. Do not follow their vision of being 'the best place to live and work'.
It was a good steady job
Notifies charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2017
Walker Methodists was a good steady job. you really had to work, you were always doing something no matter if you finished early. you would work as a team with some people at work. only problem that was at Walker Methodists was the drama that the people that worked there carried with them.
Pros
Team work, Competitiveness
Cons
Drama
Walker
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West St. Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
Management was horrible towards residents. Don't really care about the residents needs. Under staff. Residents only eat sandwiches everyday. Don't really have a say so over their life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.