Walker Methodist Employee Reviews

I love it here!
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Our leadership team is wonderful. My boss and her boss are two of the hardest working ladies I've ever met. They would never ask us to do anything that they wouldn't do themselves and are so quick to respond when we need help (even during nights & weekends)

Everyone from maintenance to culinary to resident services is so friendly & helpful - not just with each other but also with our residents. You can tell just by watching the waitstaff interact with residents at dinner time that they really care about the residents and likewise the residents love talking to them.

Yes, it does get hectic here at times, especially if there's a 911 call or a super hot day pushes the AC units too hard. But no matter how busy we get, you never feel like you're facing it alone.

I absolutely recommend Walker Methodist Highview Hills in Lakeville as a wonderful place to work or live.
Pros
The leadership team, the residents, rewarding work
Culture is Infectious!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNSeptember 13, 2018
I get up every morning excited to come do the work I do - Walker Methodist Highview Hills is a great team - knowledgeable and compassionate! I know every day I am given the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of older adults!
Totally Recommend! Awesome environment!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Walker Methodist is a great place to work! We have a culture and environment that is so unique and familial! We truly operate like a giant family. Management is amazing and so helpful, whether its finding answers to all of our crazy questions and requests or getting right down on the floor working when there's a call in or shortage. There is no Us vs. Them mentality. We are a true TEAM! Relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment. Every member of our team truly cares for our residents and for each other. Competitive wages and benefits. HIGHLY recommend for work or living!
Pros
Friendly, great hours, free meal, welcoming environment
Cons
Can get stressful
Very competitve and intense work environment.
Education Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2018
This company, on the corporate side, has a competitive and strained working environment. I never felt that my job was secure, and this led me to apply to Hamline University, to to expand my education.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Salaried position
Excellent company for vertical mobility. Willing to take ridkd
President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2018
Would recommend this company to anyone that was interested in working for a multi faceted health care company. Excellence board. Allowed employees to take risks.
Pros
Compensated you for a job well done
Supportive coworkers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 26, 2018
A great place to work! I have felt valued as an employee and very appreciated by the residents. This is a caring and supportive environment to work in.
no productive place
Cook. Open the dinning (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044July 1, 2018
the management is the worst, the Executive Cook just is in the office, almost never cook or help, and her boss and the boss of her are completely dummies to understand the needs of the kitchen and the people
Hard workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 11, 2018
It was a hard work place especially as a housekeeper in a senior community.
Certain staff that were not housekeepers thought being a housekeeper was an easy job. It is a hard job and you use your entire body.
Have Never Felt So Unappreciated
prefer not to mention (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2018
Worked my best for all the years I was there, but never was shown any appreciation. Corporate needs to be overhauled. They frequently make decisions without consulting any employees. They find a way to skirt around the union.
Pros
The residents are enjoyable
Cons
Read the review
It was such a pleasure to work at Walker.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
Well I love what I do been a nurse assistant over 15 years and my work shows, I work for my residents and if I care to much I'm sorry I would work for them again if giving the chance.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2018
They Hire anyone. The don’t care if u professional or not. You come in late they don’t care. The aide do little to nothing rude to staff and loud at this job
Pros
Patients, some staff
Cons
Rude and unprofessional Aides
Horrible management
RA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Very poorly managed staff, lost a lot of great workers due to poor management. Management lies and is very deceptive to staff. Uncomfortable leaving memory care unit for extended periods of time. Poor training. Ran by management that has little to no experience in assisted living. High turn over rate. Makes staff work endless days/ hours in a row. Made one person work over 24 hours. Another person worked over a month straight. Over time only for working over 40 hours in a work week.
Pros
Good hours, great residents
I enjoyed working here
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 3, 2018
My manager really showed they cared and worked so hard with me as I was dealing with my own personal issues. I worked at the front desk and rarely had issues with people. Of course can't get along with everyone but that's life. I hope that I can still have an opportunity to work with the company because I was progressing with a real career and want to be there.
Pros
Meals, Independence, responsibilities, interactions
Cons
Some people are rude
Great people to work with at a quick pace
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Most days we would prep for either breakfast, lunch and dinner. The quick paced part would be when the people would fill in the dinning room and we have to take orders and grab food. I learned more communication skills as well moving more cautiously and quickly. The management is great and everyone is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is remembering what everyone in your section needs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and being able to work out issues that occur with them.
Horrible Management
Other (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
High turnover even at leadership level, poor communication amongst departments and department heads, and very poor work/life balance for employees. Do not follow their vision of being 'the best place to live and work'.
It was a good steady job
Notifies charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2017
Walker Methodists was a good steady job. you really had to work, you were always doing something no matter if you finished early. you would work as a team with some people at work. only problem that was at Walker Methodists was the drama that the people that worked there carried with them.
Pros
Team work, Competitiveness
Cons
Drama
Walker
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West St. Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
Management was horrible towards residents. Don't really care about the residents needs. Under staff. Residents only eat sandwiches everyday. Don't really have a say so over their life
Walker Methodist
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I worked at Walker Methodist Highview Hills in Lakeville Minnesota for 11 months as waitstaff. I loved my experience at Walker Methodist. The atmosphere was positive, the residents and the staff were all easy to get along with. The jobs was very structured and organized and I felt important and appreciated.
Pros
Free food, good people, raises, breaks
Cons
Short staffed often, high stress zone
Unappreciated
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 19, 2017
People were fun to work with and were really nice. They were willing to help you out if you had questions about anything. The downside to working here was how hard it was to get time off. Management made the job more important than home and personal life by having the job come first.
Wonderful Residents and employers care about employee safety
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 7, 2017
Coworkers are great, they offer benefits. Work day is not particularly hard, but as with all healthcare jobs it gets stressful. Health Department manager is very "hands off" so any problems with lazy coworkers basically need to be handled amongst yourselves. Otherwise, employers are usually very flexible and understanding with emergencies.
Pros
Great co-workers, families
Cons
Stagnant pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about