Walker Methodist Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Hard workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 11, 2018
It was a hard work place especially as a housekeeper in a senior community.
Certain staff that were not housekeepers thought being a housekeeper was an easy job. It is a hard job and you use your entire body.
Have Never Felt So Unappreciated
prefer not to mention (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2018
Worked my best for all the years I was there, but never was shown any appreciation. Corporate needs to be overhauled. They frequently make decisions without consulting any employees. They find a way to skirt around the union.
Pros
The residents are enjoyable
Cons
Read the review
It was such a pleasure to work at Walker.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2018
Well I love what I do been a nurse assistant over 15 years and my work shows, I work for my residents and if I care to much I'm sorry I would work for them again if giving the chance.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2018
They Hire anyone. The don’t care if u professional or not. You come in late they don’t care. The aide do little to nothing rude to staff and loud at this job
Pros
Patients, some staff
Cons
Rude and unprofessional Aides
Horrible management
RA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Very poorly managed staff, lost a lot of great workers due to poor management. Management lies and is very deceptive to staff. Uncomfortable leaving memory care unit for extended periods of time. Poor training. Ran by management that has little to no experience in assisted living. High turn over rate. Makes staff work endless days/ hours in a row. Made one person work over 24 hours. Another person worked over a month straight. Over time only for working over 40 hours in a work week.
Pros
Good hours, great residents
I enjoyed working here
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 3, 2018
My manager really showed they cared and worked so hard with me as I was dealing with my own personal issues. I worked at the front desk and rarely had issues with people. Of course can't get along with everyone but that's life. I hope that I can still have an opportunity to work with the company because I was progressing with a real career and want to be there.
Pros
Meals, Independence, responsibilities, interactions
Cons
Some people are rude
Great people to work with at a quick pace
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Most days we would prep for either breakfast, lunch and dinner. The quick paced part would be when the people would fill in the dinning room and we have to take orders and grab food. I learned more communication skills as well moving more cautiously and quickly. The management is great and everyone is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is remembering what everyone in your section needs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and being able to work out issues that occur with them.
Horrible Management
Other (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
High turnover even at leadership level, poor communication amongst departments and department heads, and very poor work/life balance for employees. Do not follow their vision of being 'the best place to live and work'.
It was a good steady job
Notifies charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2017
Walker Methodists was a good steady job. you really had to work, you were always doing something no matter if you finished early. you would work as a team with some people at work. only problem that was at Walker Methodists was the drama that the people that worked there carried with them.
Pros
Team work, Competitiveness
Cons
Drama
Walker
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West St. Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
Management was horrible towards residents. Don't really care about the residents needs. Under staff. Residents only eat sandwiches everyday. Don't really have a say so over their life
Walker Methodist
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I worked at Walker Methodist Highview Hills in Lakeville Minnesota for 11 months as waitstaff. I loved my experience at Walker Methodist. The atmosphere was positive, the residents and the staff were all easy to get along with. The jobs was very structured and organized and I felt important and appreciated.
Pros
Free food, good people, raises, breaks
Cons
Short staffed often, high stress zone
Unappreciated
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 19, 2017
People were fun to work with and were really nice. They were willing to help you out if you had questions about anything. The downside to working here was how hard it was to get time off. Management made the job more important than home and personal life by having the job come first.
Wonderful Residents and employers care about employee safety
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 7, 2017
Coworkers are great, they offer benefits. Work day is not particularly hard, but as with all healthcare jobs it gets stressful. Health Department manager is very "hands off" so any problems with lazy coworkers basically need to be handled amongst yourselves. Otherwise, employers are usually very flexible and understanding with emergencies.
Pros
Great co-workers, families
Cons
Stagnant pay
If you like to work alot then work here...
Nursing Assistant Registered/Concierge (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2016
If you like to pick up hours then this is the place for you. I have easily worked over 90 hours a pay period. Main downfall is that Walker has a huge turnover rate.
Pros
hours
Cons
short staffed
High turnover
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 18, 2016
Employees are always coming and going. Which puts strain on other employees at times and causes burn out. The work place can get unprofessional as well. If you work here just know it's about the residents, leave all other drama outside
Pros
There are always shifts if you want to pick up.
Great company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  3737 Bryant Ave So Mpls MNOctober 28, 2016
7 floors, TCU, Float Nurses, Diverse, equal opportunity, promotions, age population , culture changes, IV therapy, ongoing training, shift differential , continue education
Pros
Education
Cons
Union
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
Walker Place is a great place to work. I would recommend working there to anyone. The staff is cool. Best part is working with the elderly. Free meals all day. Great chefs. Management is ok use to be a place for growth and opportunities but lately not so much.
Pros
Free meals all day, working independently no one watching your every move. Pay could be a little more but ok.
Cons
Under staffed other than that nothing at all.
i just love the client's
nursing assistance (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2016
I like working with the behaviors and the elderly cause I take pride in my job and learn alot from my clients. And team work always makes your day go smoothly.
Pros
Cons
breaks on time
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2016
Good place to work, till you make a mistake then they're quick to terminate you behind BS which probably contributes to the high turnover and quality care of the patient and staff which require them to hire pool staff to take care of their patients which they don't do a good job and they get more money than the people who work there themselves management HR down to supervisor the trickle-down effect I'd stay away
Pros
Respect from pts & families
Cons
No support, Hr, down thru management, need someone to blame which leads to the high turnover in staff
Get ready to work hard and be unappreciated
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2016
You will work hard, catch your breath and work even harder. Punitive management from the big top down. Back biting, fake smiles, and dishonest leadership. Sadly, some have a good heart, but are conditioned to keep quite and behave. Aides are overworked and often begged to work more. Very understaffed.
Human resources tries hard, but is overwhelmed by the turnover in the WSP location.
Pros
Benefits are great, HR staff, food
Cons
Pay is low, patient staff ratio, management