Walker Employee Reviews

Poor and Ineffective Managment
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  MinneapolsiMarch 8, 2018
Support staff left to pick up after lazy, negligent attorney for minimal pay, no benefits, and no vacation days. There is no room for advancement, but plenty of blame to be shared when something goes wrong.
***MANY of these reveiws are irrelavent** Walker is an Educational/Residential school for children with behavior challanges.
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Walker is a residential school for children with behavioral and emotional challenges. A normal day on campus may include a couple of Crisis and sometimes restraints.

Its a rewarding job if you enjoy assisting the youth and rolemodeling. Its not for everybody. Surely requires patience.
Walker is a good place to work if you want or need overtime. It's always available. Pay isn't well for this field in general.
Job can be physically and emotionally trying.
Great vacation benefits and health plans.
Opportunities to move up.
Sadly they don't follow policy. Management seems to play favorites with promotions. Very high staff turnover rate.
It is not a boring job for sure! You can be moved based on Campus needs. So even if your hired for a specific program, you can be moved and schedule would be subject to change.
With low staff rate, rarely get breaks even for 14 hour shifts.
Pros
Overtime, growth, positions frequently open, good accure personal time
Cons
No breaks, poor management, favoritism, high turnover, stressful situations
Innovative
Typist, Statistical (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 23, 2018
Walker Personnel created many opportunities in working many environments. Connecticut is an insurance company hub. Working for the State of Connecticut IT department during the change from 1999 to 2000 was another exciting assignment.

The Director of the IT recruited IT special programmers to secure the state systems. Secretary to the Director of IT a typical day entailed file management, secretarial, and typing and recording weekly employee vouchers for services rendered.
Pros
Interesting time for IT
A great mission but....
Senior Manager of Communications (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Walker's mission is laudable - providing education and other services for children with learning and behavioral issues. Years of ignoring the business side of the organization caught up with it a while back.
It was an wasnt so safe working walking in the middle of nowhere to find communitys an pass out papers for 8 hours
governor and Senate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC,June 19, 2017
When you apply for a job ask someone to tell you what you are expected to do so that you won't have a wrong impression. When I started this job it was so nerve reckoning
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Not safe
I loved walker
Picker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Easy day mostly. I learn how to ship and receive work order. Using a lugger with a scan gun. .. They hard incentive for being too work on time every day
Pros
Friendle employee / superviser
Cons
Hot
Great perks, no extra benefints.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 17, 2016
Busy most of the year.
Good co-workers
Lots of clients and needs to fulfill
Nice meeting new people.
Nothing else to tell
Cons
no real benefits, dental, healthcare etc
rude supervisors and employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 14, 2016
i loved the job, it was like getting paid to work out all night and get paid for it no need for a gym... but there wouldn`t have been time anyway. all except the people there.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
short break and climate
Working as a research assistant.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2016
I work as a research assistant in 'Walkergroup' at University of Utah. This group is focused on developing circuits for biomedical application and interfacing with sensors.
Great Working Enviorment
Dog Sitter (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 18, 2016
Its a great place to work at. Good environment, and everyone is friendly. I would say the hardest part of the job is leaving.
Wonderful Law Firm
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Gibsonville, NCOctober 14, 2016
Typical day at work varied based on what the attorney's needed for that day. I loved my co-workers. It was a small practice of family law, social security/disability, person injury and criminal law.
Nice family environment
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Gibsonville, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Working for this firm was a wonderful experience. I have learned many different ways to handle the challenge of working in a family law firm. It was a very long time since I had done this and it was a challenge at first and then easy to get a handle on.

My co-workers were wonderful including the attorneys. I have learned so many different things by working at this firm, just as I did working at any other.

I love feeling the accomplishment of helping others through difficult times.
Contract employment
Property Danage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 29, 2016
Walker does not pay its contract employees as required. They still owe me about $8,000.00 which I am certain I will never collect
Contract Executive Assistant
Temporary Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 6, 2016
i worked at the Walker School for about two months as a Contract Executive Assistant to the CEO of the School and although brief it was a delight working for the company, from what they represented to the vast amount of work that i was present to see during my short time working there. it was one of the greatest opportunities I had working there.
productive and dedicated cooperation
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 4, 2016
i worked for Walker, Inc; although brief due to distance, i had a blast working for this nonprofit company, not only the staff were great to be around but it was great seeing first hand the compassion and dedication of the CEO to her organization, it was always a great day working for Walker as they were always planning how to keep their organization on top.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 21, 2016
inspect paper tissue products for the company P&G also work on an fast assembly line packing tissue products to meet production quota daily.
Fast paced workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Wal-Mart. I gained knowledge of operating cash registers, the responsibility of handle monetary transactions and friendly consumer interactions.
Spend time outside
Nanny and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NYJuly 2, 2015
I stared working for this family as a housecleaning ones a week whit my mother, after a couple months I became a housekeeper/nanny,Work 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, babysitting every Thursday nite and weekend wen needs. Mornings take care cleaning and laundry, organize. And afternoons pick up kids from school, cook dinner everyday. I have a very good time at this jobs whit the kids, great kids, was my enjoyable moments whit this family. That hardest part was my communication whit my boss. My ingles the time was poor. I Learned a lot in all senses.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks wen I need. Usually 30 min lunch and 15 min break
Hardworking, but very rewarding
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Soap Lake, WAMarch 16, 2015
A typical day is helping customers with finding items or helping the cashiers bag groceries while they pass the items to me. I would also run out an get carts every other hour while another courtesy clerk helped with groceries. I learned that if you are a hard worker and willing to go the mile, then good things will happen to you. Management was understanding with my schedule since I am a full-time student. Most of the co-workers were very nice to me, but there was some that didn't care for me, but all work places have that, just have to deal with it. Hardest part of the job is getting there right after my classes were finished. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put smiles on the customers' faces.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
being relied on too much
Productive employer; good hours
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jefferson County, TNFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of hauling multiple loads of rock, sand, gravel, asphalt or ore to help stabilize land developments including roads and highways. The hardest part of the job was having to shovel asphalt from the truck bed after a day of hauling. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the natural landscape of the state.