WALKS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Low Pay, Stressful Work, Lack of Leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
Heavy workload, low pay, management and ownership is tone deaf and advancement is very slow for such a small company. Be prepared to fight hard for promotions and raises; internal hiring is not a priority. Extremely reactive, not proactive. Fear of retaliation for speaking out and there is heavy favoritism. Overall an extremely frustrating workplace.
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! As a small company, opportunities for internal movement was limited at one time. However, I am happy to say that over ten internal moves/promotions have happened so far this year! Also, with a present HR & Culture department in place, we hope that we have mitigated your prior concerns. We can only go up from here, and it is thanks to feedback like this that it gives us something to go off of!

Wonderful company
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJune 2, 2018
I loved my job and the team. It is a successful inspiring company that manages to thrive and let employees thrive with it. Great benefits and paid time off. I could not recommend it more!
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy that you recognize the growth within the company and we are excited for our collaborative growth, together!

Lack of leadership and direction
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The company lacks terribly in leadership and direction. There are 2 partners who can't seem to agree on anything, which causes confusion for the employees. Each department works separately, no communication or respect for one another.
Pros
Great PTO and fully paid health & dental
Cons
Lack of cooperation among departments
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on aligning communication across all departments.

Love these guys
Guide/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Walks was tackling the travel industry with passion and commitment, trying to shy away from offering experiences like the old world of traveling, and putting people into *real* experiences.
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Walks works hard to provide these "once-in-a-lifetime" experiences for our clients, and we hope to provide similar experiences for our employees.