Walla Walla Community College Employee Reviews

Online
Adjunct Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAOctober 2, 2018
I worked online for this school. It has a robust online education division. The platform was solid, and the students were receptive to the format. I believe it helped many adults looking for further education without giving up their job.
fun place to work
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 17, 2018
I was a work study before starting Nursing school. It was fun and I enjoyed the people that i worked with. Low key and non-stressful. They worked with me if I needed time off for school purposes.
Workplace Culture
Basic Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 18, 2018
The culture of the place at WWCC is very cooperative among faculty within the Basic Skills department. The opportunity for advancement is available based on skills and longevity.
Daily maintenance of classroom and supervision of children
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waitsburg, WAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my work in the preschool classroom, engaging the children with art and daily projects was fulfilling and very busy . The hardest part of my job was lack of teamwork, I maintained the classroom (cleaning and straightening toys and games making sure everything was in its proper place) the best part of my job was working in group sessions with the children sharing stories and ideas, helping kiddos to achieve their tasks.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Work Environment
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connell, WAJune 13, 2018
Worked for two years and found that I grew a lot personally, and professionally while working for WWCC. Wonderful staff and supervisors, has provided wonderful opportunities moving forward
Great
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMarch 13, 2018
Would recommend to anyone. Wonderful school environment. Wonderful management. Only reason I am leaving is to pursue my career in nursing. I was very grateful for the opportunity.
A great experience helping displaced homemakers
Impact Life Transitions Program Director (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJanuary 30, 2018
The Impact Program was one that was important but not a money-maker or a high priority for the college. I loved the women and the work we did together to help them attain self-sufficiency.

While there, I won an award from the YWCA/AAUW for the program's success in its mission. After the great honor of helping the students grow into their best selves, I am most proud of the work I did to consolidate ideas and handouts from other state displaced homemaker programs to create a large, improved electronic master for the training materials used each quarter.
Difficult work enviornment
Fiscal Technician (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WADecember 12, 2017
The work environment was toxic. Management was oblivious to their contribution to the difficult environment. Lack of confidentiality also create issues.
Walla Walla Community college
executive Associated Student Body Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WANovember 8, 2017
Working at Walla Walla Community college is fun, laid back, and you are able to finish your home work while working other then that its a decent student job it won't pay many bills off but it is good for a bit of spending cash
Pros
easy
Cons
not a lot of time working
Caring people
Faculty Counselor (Former Employee) –  Student DevelopmentJuly 17, 2017
The staff and faculty at WECC really care about the students and employees. Great place to work. My supervisor is one of the best people I have ever known. Good-hearted , genuine and extremely wise. She really protected our department from piliticsl fallout and was honest and transparent. So thankful to have been there 20+ years.
This place use to be a great place to work, now its a joke.
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJune 20, 2017
Long term employees get screwed left and right here. New management comes in and thinks they know everything. Focus on themselves and not the students.
Pros
Faculty is great. Managment sucks.
Cons
Poor leadership in managment, back stabbing.two faced.
fun work with coach and team
Volunteer Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 24, 2017
i love watching the the team practice very day to get batter at with they were do. the coach love how motive i was and how i could get the game floor ready to play the game.
Love my students and job. Upper management not supportive
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 3, 2017
Great teaching job. Lack of supportive upper management. A lot of responsibility with minimal pay. I have placed a review on file as to my termination of my job. Primary reason was working with clinical supervisor.
a great learning environment
Graphic Design Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connel WaJanuary 13, 2017
I was able to work with a diverse population of students with varying learning styles. It was my job to not only assist them in their educational goals but motivate them in their educational journey.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
teacher to student ratio
Student job helps while in school
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Multiple different positions to choose from, I did a Teacher's office assistant for the wind energy program and the business office assistant where I got hands on training on using computers and other skills
Pros
work with your school schedule
Cons
takes time from studying
great
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WADecember 6, 2016
Didnt work there long, but they were nice people who hired me to do work study. They seemed really friendly and were understanding about my clas schedule.
Federal Work Study Program
Student/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working as an office assistant in the Energy Systems department at Walla Walla Community College. A typical day was grading assignments, building online curriculum, creating manuals, and/or building Power Point presentations. It was a lot of fun being with the guys and getting to know a lot of the students.
Cons
I need full-time plus benefits
Fun and Educational
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  WASeptember 28, 2015
I feel like working at, as well as going to school at Walla Walla Community College was a life changing experience for me. the instructor Ross Bushong really made an impact on my life.
Pros
plenty of hands on projects that make work both fun and educational
Cons
low pay...
Positive Learning Environment
Learning Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, WAJune 10, 2015
WWCC is a great learning institution. A student first approach is taken, and the faculty and staff work hard to help those seeking to enrich and better their lives through college.
educational positve life experience
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 13, 2015
helping students with there engines rebuilds and assisted with his daily task and drove the forklift for the students.