Walla Walla General Hospital Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work
Cashier/Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at WWGH, however they closed the facility July 31, 2017. They tried to sell our facility to a local competitor known as Providence. When that fell through, they made a financial decision to close the facility. Most of the clinical staff was picked up by the competitor. Most of the clerical duties for Providence, such as accounting, billing, etc, went to a Shared Services in a Call Center in Renton, WA. Upon WWGH closing the facility, our current clerical positions were being changed to Corporate positions in Roseville, CA. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm unable to relocate that far at this time.
Pros
Gained great work experience
Cons
Facility closed. Had to start over.
Productive and Organized
Office Assistant to the Home Health Care Director (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMarch 29, 2018
- Management
- Organization of paperwork
- Observing critical conference meetings
- Thoroughly check private patient information raised as a hard task
- Great team of experts to shadow
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
n/a
Loved my working team
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJanuary 16, 2018
WWGH is now closed but I enjoyed my time working there and the mentor ship I had from my director. WWGH employees are now a family through the tragic experience of the hospital closure.
No longer in business
Walla Walla, Washington, Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 8, 2017
Walla Walla General Hospital closed on July 24, 2017. They were previously a hospital within the Adventist Health West network and the only AH hospital in Washington state.
Family Orientated Company
PBX Operator/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 1, 2017
answered phones, helped check patients in and out in the Emergency Room, verified patients insurances, entered labs in. My manager worked in another department but would come down for lunches and he would go over anything I had questions on. Insurances were always difficult knowing who had co pays and who didn't. My goal was to learn more on insurances. I loved this job very much and was sad when they laid everyone off. Everyone was friendly it was very family oriented.
Pros
flexible with work schedule
Cons
worked holidays
Great Company To Work For
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 8, 2017
Every interaction I had with the employers there were always happy and useful. They always noticed when you were doing something above and beyond and they always made you feel appreciated. It was a wonderful company and place to work for. You feel like you are joining not only a team, but a family.
my job
RN (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 4, 2017
Enjoyed getting to know patients in their homes. Managed 15 pts. Got along well with co-workers. Most difficult part of job, being on 7 days strait
Pros
Making someone elses day special
Cons
the on call schedule
Great Leadership
Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 24, 2017
Very strong local leadership. I was very happy working here and building on my skills was encouraged. I'm very grateful for the opportunity I had to work for this organization.
Medical /surgical floor nurse
Med-Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WA 99362June 29, 2017
started out on night shift then transitioned to day shift. Great experience doing total care nursing of 3-6 patients each shift. Enjoyed making their stay a little more comfortable
un buen luagr para trabajar
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMay 11, 2017
buen ambiente de trabajo algunas promociones aplican
Floundering-struggling to maintain and develop departments, management and hospital services
Clinical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMarch 26, 2017
Low morale. High turn-over. Wavering leadership. Nepotism. Some incompetent management. Little to no in person employee wellness opportunities. Too often low patient census.

Favorable full-time benefits. Great IT and electronic medical record training staff. Discounts on health insurance with active participation in mostly online (corporate) wellness incentives.
wonderful team environment
PCC (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 22, 2017
I have loved working at General Hospital and my team at AHMG is the biggest reason I love my job. I look forward to going to work every day.
Money hungry Adventists
RN (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 3, 2017
Working at WWGH with wonderful staff did not make up for the lack of support from administration. They had an OB nurse with a terrible attitude running multiple units with no experience. The CNO is an ER nurse who is well known for her tantrums. Staff and patients are great but not worth the trouble when all they are focused on is making money at any expense. Patient safety is only considered when it is convenient. Nurses often have too many patients with no support staff. Policy not followed.
Pros
Decent medical but not for family coverage, kind staff
Cons
Leaders are focused on making money not patient safety or satisfaction
Patients are a delight; management is rigid and not particularly trustworthy.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 11, 2016
The patients are a delight and thoughtful for the most part. The best part of the job is the patients. Management is rigid and does not listen making judgements. They make assumptions and can't be reasoned with. Everything is micromanaged. Be careful about doing things to help others without getting prior approval from the managers. Salaries are adequate and pretty standard for the area. The old saying about "no good deed goes unpunished" applies here. As with any medical position the hardest part of the job is seeing patient problems or illness.
Pros
Patients are great, equipment is good
Cons
Management lies and doesn't listen unless it suits their agenda
Very Stressful work enviroment, Identifes as a God based institution but not truely anymore
Shipping/Receiving/Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WA 99362August 24, 2016
A typical day is generally fast paced from the start. Fulfilling the wants, and needs of entire hospital staff constantly, as well as the outside non-staff. You must be able to multi task extremely all the time, meaning do 5+ at one time, while maintaining a stress free appearance and level head. Relief /Coverage for lunch or any breaks is almost Impossible and very rare. Learning is often self taught through trial and error, with minimum assistance or guidance from co-workers or staff. Management is out of site and out of mind. Co-workers are unreliable for fulfilling there task correctly or promptly, as well as unreliable for even showing up to work, much less ever on time. Co-workers are very good at being two faced and talking poorly about each other there. Meaning friendly to your face for one minute and talking poorly about you the second you walk away. Micro management and being talked down to from co-worker was almost a daily thing to expect. The hardest part of the job is the enormous work load, as well as the negative, stressful, two faced work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing the your purpose is to help those in need of medical help.
Pros
Ok benefits.
Cons
Negative work enviroment, alot of two faced people, heavy on rumor mill and gossip, not alot of support from staff members, directors or administration
Home Health Nursing
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 16, 2016
A day in the life of a home health nurse begins with a visit to the office. After accessing my weekly schedule and coordinating my day with other disciplines involved (physicians, physical therapists, home health aides, etc.), I review the number of new referrals in the queue. Once I have confirmed my patient visits and touch base with my supervisor/co-workers, I organize my nursing bag and obtain supplies needed for each patient visit. Being a home health nurse has helped me practice how to think creatively, be timely, and organized when scheduling and coordinating patient care. With the help and guidance of my co-workers and supervisors I have learned the medical charting system, refined my nursing skills, learned how to better communicate between disciplines, and obtained time management skills. I appreciate the ability to see the progress in each patient from the time of admit through to discharge from home health services. The highlight of holding this position are the relationships I have built with my patients whom I see on a weekly/monthly basis, and the mutual trust and respect that has grown between us. A challenge that I have experienced as a home health nurse is the increased number of referrals and the decrease number of staff. The inability to work 12-hour shifts or over-time makes it difficult to be able to meet every patient's needs in a timely manner as preferred/expected. Having grown attached to the patient's I have case managed I understand the time and dedication each person needs in addition to the nursing skills provided. I'm grateful for the opportunity  more... to have been a case manager and chance to learn how to provide holistic care to each individual patient. As I continue to grow and refine my nursing skills I would like to continue providing direct patient care and the flexibility to work overtime and/or work 12-hour shifts.  less
Pros
Mon.- Fri. day shifts, every other weekends you have off and most holiday's, direct patient care, independent scheduling of patient visits, supportive co-workers and supervisor's.
Cons
Unable to work 12hr shifts or overtime, short staffed and increased patient load, increase in number of referrals, inability to work overtime to meet patients needs as often as preferred/needed
Not employed long enough
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 22, 2016
I wasnt employed long enough to really review this company. I quit after confrontation with my supervisor. I did enjoy some of the coworkers i had, but didn't experience to much. I only worked for this company for six weeks.
A sense of community
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WADecember 1, 2015
WWGH is a small community based hospital. When I worked there, it emphasized evidence based practice and continued education.
great hospital
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJune 12, 2015
learned a lot as a student here. the staff was very helpful, and it was great to see that so many of the imaging techs are cross trained.
Great staff except management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 26, 2014
General hospital used to be about God and his mission. With current changes that is no longer a mission. I used to love working there gave my life to that place but I received no respect in the end. I wish the best for the few dedicated people that still work there
Cons
management