Wallick Communities Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Negative work place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 10, 2018
Love my residents but the rest is just a mismanaged cluster of everyone out for themselves. Poor communication between management and staff. Overall morale is low, under paid employees working under negative conditions. There is an abundance of caregiver burn out going on, staff is clueless.
Pros
PTO days
Cons
No lunch or bathroom breaks for front end. Lack of staff communication.
Unorganized
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 13, 2018
No support. You are on your own. Great place to try to learn. I would have liked to have known more about the culture before being thrown into the fire.
A great starter job
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Over all a great company to work for. Offers many benifits for their staff such as free meals, bonus, and discounts. Health insurance, 401k matches their employees 50%
Pros
Free meals
cut-throat and VERY unprofessional
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 7, 2018
I worked for this company for 1 Month and it was very unorganized, unprofessional and lack of direction from management. lots of finger pointing and you are constantly on a "need to know" when it comes to doing your job function, management is VERY stand-off-ish!!!!!!! this is a "fly-by-night" operation and company.
Pros
its a job
Cons
lack of training, poor leadership, crazy tenants
Wonderful owners, but poor management
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my work with Wallick, but I found management very difficult to work with. I did not see a cohesive team. The HR department gossiped about associates constantly.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Poor HR management
Residents/Staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2017
The residents were wonderful, and each of them had a special place in my heart! The different-cultured staff were fine, but tended to stick together, excluding those born in this county. The hardest part of this job was trying to be in several different places at once. The upper management was very caring and was not afraid to roll up sleeves and pitch in wherever needed. Those who reviewed this place with total negativity were probably not willing to work and be caring to the residents.
Pros
The free lunches were a plus, but but a lot of times there was not enough food for the staff. PTO and 401k were also a plus.
Cons
Regarding work meetings, I would have liked to skip food and games, and have a quick, informative meeting.
Benefits package couldn’t outweigh the bad
Maintenance Generalist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 8, 2017
The benefits Wallick offers are amazing, don’t get me wrong. That’s if you can endure being threatened with your job every other week. Upper management was terrible, they didn’t give any thought to you as an individual with a family or home life. And if you work on the low income side of Wallick, fully expect to take home roaches or bed bugs and have a gun pulled on you. Or be just be threatened in general, whether it be from the tenants or management. Do not work here.
Good Company to work for!
Cincinnati West Regional Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  7778 East Kemper Rd. Cincinnati, OhioOctober 5, 2017
Typical day at work I start at 7:00AM and finish around 7:00 PM
I am well schooled on Maintenance Management from top to bottom.
The company has Great leadership from bottom to top.
The properties I was responsible for were a very mixed culture.
More work than one person can handle.
The people I supervised and worked with was enjoyable!
Wallick communities bring folks togather and explore them with new ways of learning
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2017
As a maintenance supervisor I have been able to finished my experiences by working with different guys with separate skills and the managing system is unique and excellence for any works of life who merely want to grow in maintenance field
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
great healthcare
Job until better comes along
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 2, 2017
Property manager and myself did what we could/allowed,budget amounts were miniscule at best,miracles were expected/demanded.Facility underwent major renovation during my employed time,but issues with plumbing/electric were "buried" under the "pretty's"
Pros
Christmas staff party
Cons
Plenty
Quick Growth within the company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Post Oak Station/Indian Meadows AptsAugust 18, 2017
You can grow within this company. I went from being a Leasing Agent to become a Property Manager within 6 months. I just wish they would of took the time out for training.
Pros
You make your own work schedule
Cons
Not enuff help on the property
Horrible Company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2017
Company owners firmly believe that Wallick is the best company to work for. They are the 2nd worst company I've ever been employed by. Turnover rate is extremely high. Within the first year of employment, I had 4 different supervisors. The company has very poor training available. When attempting to get questions answered, an employee either gets no answer, a wrong answer, or an "I don't know.' Long hours were worked with no recognition. But, they are quick to tell you what you are doing wrong. Corporate admits they do not know what is going on at the site level, yet rarely visits sites and sets unattainable goals. They do not listen to their employees and their concerns. Benefits are awful. Extremely high deductibles and high co-pays. Cheap paying company! If you're looking to support a family, look elsewhere. Just don't do it.
Pros
Amount of paid time off is nice
Cons
Everything else
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria ILJuly 29, 2017
Wallick Communities is a great place to work. The story behind the founding of the company is to be praised. The Wallick Family are very sound caring individuals but there are individuals representing them that are not of favor..
Can be a good place to work if willing to work hard
P/C,housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 6, 2017
This can be a good place to work but you will work hard and if not prepared for that then don't bother applying.Ive been with them since they opened in Toledo their new dementia building and love all of the residents and have some good work friends too.The ones that don't last are usually the ones who don't like following the rules and expect management to cater to their schedule.Employees are given plenty of chances and time to work things out,more then I think they should and they still complain about the schedule.Well if they did what they should've (show up on time,in uniform,and ready to work) they probably would've gotten more hours.No,it's not a perfect job,or perfect place but can be very rewarding.I have bad days too,but don't we all!
Pros
Good benefits, nice environment
Cons
Not enough help at times
Great place to work for!
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 3, 2017
I loved working with Wallick Communities. My manager was very nice and easy going. The hours were perfect for me during that time, as I was a student in school.
Pros
The flexible hours
Cons
The pay
terrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2017
management unfair everyone's friends and always short staff. you have people who wants to work get no days and people who don't want to work all the days
Great workplace, not a lot of room for advancement or job security
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, very stressful at times, supervisory level needs work, do not like to pay fair, as typical in a lot of offices, males with same job title, responsibilities, etc make more on the hour then female counter parts
Pros
working with community
Cons
advancement
Amazing Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OhioJune 9, 2017
I am not sure if there is enough words to describe how amazing of a company Wallick is. Work/Life balance is great, they have training opportunities out the wazoo! Seriously, you only have yourself to blame if you feel under trained as an employee of Wallick. You are your own "driver" with them. You just need to pay attention to the website and training available and sign yourself up, only suggestion I would make is to allow some of the training to also be made available at your Cincinnati Office instead of just at corporate office in Columbus so it is more easily accessible to those who live around Cincinnnati. Advancement opportunities are available but most would have required a relocation. Insurance wasn't the best.
Pros
Training galore, a real opportunity to advance your knowledge of the field
Cons
Insurance coverage
Wonderful Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioMay 2, 2017
I have been with the company almost a year now and I think it is a wonderful company! The health benefits and PTO are amazing and incredibly generous . I am hopeful that this will be the company I work for and hope to retire from here!
The staff are all here for the right reasons; to help the residents and make sure they have a great home here. The employees, residents and the families make this the best place I have ever worked in my 30 year career.
If you are looking for a great place to work, grow and you have a caring, positive attitude this could be the place for you! :)
Pros
Staff, Residents, Paid Time Off
Horrible
PCA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
Awful place higher up is horrible ran all employees off lost a good staff this place is known by The Ashford they hire anyone of the streets to take care of the elderly