Wallis Companies

Wallis Companies Employee Reviews

United States85 reviews

storebreakcustomerfeeleasyfamilybadmanager

Can be fun

Interesting experiences. Really just depends on who you are working with and where. Some people are great, others not so much along with location.A benefit is there a plenty of hours to work if you have literally nothing else to do.

Waste of time

You will be misled and left hanging.Working way too many systems for way too few workers. This job wasn't good for mental healthAt times it was greatBut not sustainable

Pros

no one cares

Cons

Toxic culture

Wallis Companies insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Quite good

Took opportunity to apply my experience and customer service skills in new environment of well-known,landbased company well established . learned a lot.

Overall great company but set in their policies and do not adapt to change well

I learned a lot while in this role but there was little room for advancement in my division. I worked hard and achieved great results but at the end of the day, I did not feel very valued in my position. Everything in my position could have been completed remotely, but I was not able to work remotely unless the company had a need for me to do so. I also feel that the pay could be better as you gain new responsibilities each year but very little pay increase comes along with it.

Great Company

Wallis is a great company. There are a ton of opportunities to advance. I've worked here for 20+ years, in a variety of roles and divisions. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Managers are always willing to help you no matter what

I loved working for Wallis Companies. I worked in one of the C-Stores and my manager and co-workers made it such an inviting place to work, even though working for the public is tough in general. I could tell that we had each other's back to not only get our day-to-day tasks completed, but the overall environment was welcoming and made coming to work actually tolerable.

Micro Managed And Not enough Staffing or correct staffing to get job done.

If you are looking to actual manage a Store. Please be aware that they are putting you in a store to train you bc most stores need help with labor. The stores are micro managed and don't have the right training or ppl in place to train staff correctly and teach you the stuff you need to know. Some managers don't know or even have time to do things correctly.

Great customers, unrealistic management

Working day in and day out with customers is very rewarding, but management often bears down so hard and expects too much performance from each individual. You'll feel like you're doing the job of two people every day to stay afloat.

Pros

Customers, benefits, education program

Cons

Constantly shorthanded or being called in to work

Fun Work environment and Great Career Builder

Fun environment and great place for your first job and then build to a career. The owner shows great appreciation for employees and so does management and that is hard to find.

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits

Cons

Fulfilling Career and Fun Place to Work!

Wallis is an extremely fast-growing company and a wonderful place to work! Management truly cares about each individual and takes pride in helping their employees succeed in their career. . The culture at Wallis is far superior than any other company I have worked for. Since starting at Wallis I have been welcomed with open arms and everyone is authentic and loves what they do and takes pride in who they work for. Excellent work-life balance and the company offers top-notch benefits. Wallis has great perks to show their appreciation by having company events and outings, awards banquets and team building activities. This is truly a family.

Pros

Company Culture, Benefits, Career Development, and Management Engagement

Understaffed and overworked

Every store is understaffed and management has no problem overworking employees who remain. Every day is filled with chaos and crisis. Watch your check and make sure you are getting paid correctly. If there's any problem, be prepared for the home office HR to show very little concern helping to make things right. Shocking they treat good employees like that. But if you don't care and half do your job, you will be given job security. Pathetic!

Pros

Most co workers and managers were good people trying to deal with terrible circumstances.

Cons

Too many to list. Enter at your own risk. You've been warned.

fine for a temporary job to get back on your feet

it was ok, boring most of the time, management doesn’t treat people fairly the company itself doesn’t pay that great, and hours are always weird honestly

I love the staff I work with! We have so much fun!

Wallis is a very family oriented company! They care about their employees but still know how to get the job done! This company is very goal driven and loves to challenge us and themselves to be competitive with the market.

Promotions are based on a popularity contest.

Decent wage and benefits, but impossible to advance unless you are friends with management. Where your political viewpoints and even gender are responsible for how far you will go in the company. Extremely unprofessional!

Having a good relationship with regular customers

I loved my job I had to leave and gave a notice I had to go to new York to handle family stuff regarding my grandbabies now I’m back and feel blacklisted like they don’t want me back that’s really unfortunate bc I did my job

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Interaction amongst employees

Fun working with the other employees.

Great place to work. Employees look out for each other, if you need to switch days for reasons like doctors appointment or something going on with your family you can count on us to help you out. Fun on the Holidays . We dress up for Halloween.

Pros

Brakes as we need them.

Cons

Working to match short handed. Can't find good help.

Fun workplace with room for advancement

Company provides EXCELLENT benefits at a very affordable cost. Lots of room for advancement. Flexible scheduling. Managers can be difficult and controlling at times but the good seems to outweigh the bad.

Pros

Health and dental benefits

Cons

On your feet for 8 hours without a break

Out of touch higher ups and unrealistic expectations.

If you are working at this company at the store level chances are you will get pushed to the max. You have to be available 24/7 and do everything perfect or you are made to feel like a failure. Policies are constantly changing, dress code is dated and strict, no facial hair, no long hair, no piercings and no unnatural colored hair. You can't rely on anyone higher up to answer your questions, you're either given the run around or you are treated like a fool and you should know better. You do get nice benefits and there's room for advancement but it will take over your life. No set schedule, expected to work whenever and whatever they say. There's little to no appreciation for employees at store level and the office/TMs or any higher than the store will treat you like you're below them entirely even though the store employees are the reason the business exists. I can't describe how much this job will beat you down. Not only that but they give the store less hours to work with, force management to push themselves and work themselves to death and then give them new lists of unrealistic tasks to complete by the end of the week while still having to maintain and run a store to perfection. Don't get me started if you can't reach their goals that they decided for you.

Pros

Decent pay, nice benefits

Cons

No real breaks, bad moral, disrespect from higher ups, unstable policies, unrealistic expectations

Flexible most of the time

Depending on how much you work is how many vacation days you get but the max is 80hrs. This job definitely has flaws but I have worked for far worse. Just really also depends on the management of the store

Pros

Free fountain drinks on the jobs, free carwashes

Cons

they have a strict dress code which is probably the main reason they are always short on people

You’re mental health is important look for a job somewhere else .

Poor management at store #300 and the HR would never listen to the Employees complaints alway sided with the management .

Pros

Non

Cons

No breaks. Poor management

I don't recommend working here.

They preach family values but don't follow them. There is a lot of favoritism so if you are not in the in group they'll find reasons to fire you because the head manager doesn't like you. They poorly train you and are very under staffed because no one wants to work there. The main office is so out of touch and doesn't even know what is going on there after I was gone I was sent a anniversary card and I hadn't worked there for a month. They say you'll only work days but make you work mandatory 12 hour shifts. If you try to work 40 hours a week they cut you down to part time and take benefits away. Some of the shift leads are awesome. Regardless I would save your time and look elsewhere. Thos job ran me ragged and made me stressed, tired and sick.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wallis Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Wallis Companies reviews by popular job title

• Wallis Companies
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?