Wally Edgar Chevrolet Employee Reviews

Ickkk
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 20, 2019
Great job if you have no family. Not much room for doctors, children, or a life. Poor management, before new service manager. service director is a con artist, and rude, sexist bigot.
Wally Edgar
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 16, 2017
I bought my first car at Wally Edgar, and intern got my first job in the automotive world. Wally Edgar really is a family, everyone cares about each other and their customers.
Busy high pace dealership
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMay 22, 2017
I would arrive to work in the morning and check the schedule of vehicles for the day that needed to be cleaned and by what time. Either I or someone else working would get the car and we would work together as a team to clean the inside and outside of the vehicle to perfection so it would be delivered to a happy customer. I learned many helpful detailing ideas, teamwork, and working on a tight schedule. The management had many changes over the time I was there some were very good and some were very poor. The hardest part of the job was when there was a large amount of cars needing to be cleaned in a short period of time and not enough employees working to clean them all. The most enjoyable part of working here was the fellow employees were very nice and helpful when needed.
Nice place to work as far as dealerships go!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMay 8, 2017
Recently remodeled and clean. Despite the nature of long dealership hours, which is just the nature of the business, most everyone here is friendly and helpful. Management actually lets you do your job. Great place to work if you know the business and like it.
the owner is here and visible everyday and gives back to the employees.
Pros
decent parking for employees, monthly lunches
Positive Work Environment And Great Managment Staff
Coster/Biller (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMay 5, 2017
Wally Edgar is a single owned dealership with a great working environment. The sales managment team is full of strong leaders with positive views on selling. The controller has a great friendly attitude and laid back office team who get things accomplished because they love what they do. If you are a motivated self starter this is an awesome place to work. Busy enough to get your 40 hrs a week, but none of the big dealer headach. This place is definitely worth the interview. Location is always convenient since it's right near I-75
Pros
Friendly staff, great customers, hour lunch break
Cons
Dealership hours
Horrible Work Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 30, 2015
Owner does not appreciate workers, does not acknowledge employees and does nothing to retain workers. Demand is high, positive feedback is low.

Employees are not appreciated and demanded to work excessive hours with no appreciation for hard work. Employees are often complaining which brings morale down and makes it difficult to work under those circumstances.

The only pro for this dealership is the loyal customers that come in and they are the ones that give the compliments.

Unless the management changes the culture, this is an unhealthy place to work.

High insurance premiums. If you work in the office, you get reprimanded for working overtime so if you are required to work late if the sales department is busing selling cars after closing, you cannot opt to leave early to compensate but they require you to come in later. It would be a lot better if they allow us to a choice.

New car sales staff are good to work with but their hours are very demanding. They have one day off per week and they come in at 11am once per week with every 3rd Saturday off. The other days they work from open to close. If they have a customer that comes in on their day off, many of the other salesmen will not take care of the customer on the their behalf but will take care of them and put that customer in their name. It should not be that way if that customer comes in the dealership and specifically asks for a certain salesperson (in my opinion).

Not sure how the used car sales work culture is as I do not have direct access to that building.
Cons
work culture, demanding schedule, the list is too lengthy
Have To many changes, Always changing things daily
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  lake oirion, miJune 24, 2015
Did the deposits, work on schedules, ran statements. helped with billing out new car deals also helped with answering the phones
Pros
free lunches
Cons
insurance to high, conntroller is un perdicable not a good boss
Top selling car dealership
Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 16, 2012
Just remodeled so lunch room is very nice with new microwave and fridge. The whole dealership is much nicer .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wally Edgar Chevrolet. Our community is ready to answer.

Wally Edgar Chevrolet Reviews by Location