Walmart eCommerce Employee Reviews

It’s a struggle to work there
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 14, 2019
Not suficient employees for this department, no organization, too much favoritism, a angers need better training.
I will not recommend this job in this conditions.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Needs to much improvement
Very enjoyable place to work.
AP Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2019
A very diverse work force with many different cultures. Language barriers were the most difficult. Management was very responsive to associate needs and always striving to help associates succeed. As AP Manager, keeping associates safe was a very enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Language barriers
Stressful, frusterating, and dramatic workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIFebruary 13, 2019
They failed to properly train all associates. Management preferred to blame others instead of connecting with their work force to see how the department could better function. Often hired in people with little to no work ethic. Threatened several co workers about going over their heads. Lacked the ability to communicate changes in the policies and procedures.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 11.50 per hr.
Cons
Bad communication. Irrisponsible managment.
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wadena, MNFebruary 12, 2019
everything was fine but they were unable to understand i had appointments i couldnt miss because i was pregnant with my first child out of three i ended sup leaving that position
Bad work enironment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 11, 2019
The hours are long. Do not report any concerns to management or they get angry with you. Management is not on hand to provide assistance when needed. Customers have to wait long periods of time to get any service and answers to questions. The culture in the work place is very unfriendly and employee's do not speak to each other. CMS yell and scream at cashiers and are on power trips. They walk around like they own the place. CMS are to focused on becoming a asst. manager and are very condescending to cashiers. You do not always get your breaks due to CMS not keep track of breaks. Standing all day and being yelled at. The most enjoyable part is the customers.
Pros
Customes and paycheck
Cons
Management does not speak to the employees.
One of the few retailers not devestated by the online shopping revolution.
E-Commerce Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 9, 2019
Walmart has invested heavily in it's efforts to compete with competitors such as Amazon. It's probably the best place to be as a manager as you're on the bleeding edge of Walmart's new technologies.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Upward mobility
Management trys to make it fun but does not communicate shift to shift honestly.
Inductor (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 8, 2019
When observing the management, no one knew what the other was saying there is not enough honest communication shift to shift. They tryed to make things fun but no communication = messy activities.
Productive and consistent.
Consolidation/ RSR Driver/ Decant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 7, 2019
The work is reasonable. The supervisors and managers do their best to accommodate you if ever need be. Consistent pay raise and lots of overtime during peak season.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Night shift can be exhausting. When work load is low they would send you home (VTO).
Very uncaring toward employees
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2019
During peak season (Christmas Holidays) we were forced to work 6 days a week or get fired. For my shift, this meant working three 12hr days and 3 days that ranged anywhere from 10 - 12hrs. I averaged about 68 hours a week - mandatory. People are not allowed to sit down during their shift. We were on our feet the entire time. We were allowed two 25 minute breaks. The 25 minutes included the time it took you to walk across the warehouse to the breakroom and back to your area after break. After fighting through the crowd to get food and warm it up, we might have had about ten minutes to actually sit.

After peak season they still made unreasonable demands on our time - only giving two or three days notice of mandatory overtime days. They made us work Thanksgiving but did not give us holiday pay (we had been there less than 90 days).

We were forced to go through a security checkpoint whenever leaving the floor. If someone had snacks in their pocket -even if they had the receipt showing they bought it - they were fired. A lot of the employees were young and had terrible attitudes. It was a very unprofessional, stressful work environment.
Sometimes stressful...
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 30, 2019
It wasn’t the best place to work but it was a job that paid well, the management did not talk to each other and it was always one shift against another. Which meant when you went in for overtime on a different shift there was always tension and they treated the temp serivice horrible.
Pros
Paid breaks, great health benefits, and stock options
Cons
Poor management, not enough training and a lot of favoritism.
Great experience, covering half of the store due to low staff
Ecommerce Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJanuary 29, 2019
Low prices come at a cost. In 1 shift I was expected to cut keys, cashier, mix paint, cut fabric, develop photos AND do my own job, being 1/3 employees in the entire store that understood how to use our specialized online systems(including management making probably 3x my wage). They live and breath by ‘the Walmart way’ which is basically throwing new employees to the sharks to train themselves. On the upside most of my coworkers were great, probably because we were all stuck in the same prison together.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, no communication, staffing
Ok place to work for men
T3 Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 27, 2019
Production is very important, but No one is ever held accountable. Reported a male to HR multiple times, no one cared. Men get away with anything. Women were literally told to watch how we dressed (comfortable leggings) stating we are a distraction to the men and it's our fault if we are harassed. Very sexist environment. Constantly changed schedules.
Pros
Lots of overtime offered
Cons
Hr, Managers
Accessible Locations with small teams working independently to create a bigger whole
Staff UI QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 25, 2019
At WalmartLabs, there are various teams that each own a particular piece that can be a part of one or more of their 60+ brands/websites - Walmart, ASDA, Sam's club etc.

Their dual locations, one near Sunnyvale downtown and one in Burlingame ensure easy access.
Fast paste
Package Handler Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 20, 2019
I learned a lot about e-commerce. A good place to work. Pay was liveable quarterly raises till yo max out. Worked 4 days 10 hrs and had 3 days off which was great
Great working environment
Oracle Database Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for Walmart. There was a lot of on the job training. I am very thankful for that. It is also a great work environment but limited growth opportunity and office politics.
Pros
A lot of on the job training
Cons
Limited growth opportunity
easy going job
Packer/Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I wished i could of stayed at this job is was a good easy going job. i had some family emergencies so i quit. but it was on good grounds and i plan on applying again in a few weeks.
Fun place to work. Decent pay.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Fun job. Friendly coworkers. Most customers were nice. Nice management. This was my first job. Great experience and a good place for a first time worker.
Pros
Fun place to work. Decent pay. Nice management.
Cons
Not a lot of overtime. Minimal hours
not fun place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 16, 2019
long day at walmart,they wouldn't let u learn new things,back stabbing ppl,leaving was the best part.the hardest part was heavy lifting,It use to be a good company to work for not anymore.
Pros
low pay
Cons
short breaks
Great friendly work environment. Safety 1st.
Orderfilling lead (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Steady work and reliable pay. Great work environment and atmosphere. Friendly and helpful management staff. Safe work environment. Chance to quickly advance.
Pros
Free dinners occasionally
Cons
Short breaks
Constant going great places to work just not much of an advancement
Pick up (Current Employee) –  Central, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Great management just need to advance myself. Very fast pace environment. Walked about 8-10 miles a day. Just need change with a chance to grow in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart eCommerce. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight