Walmart eCommerce Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work at.
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work and a fair wages. You will always get your hous and you accumulate some pto while working. The job flow is somethimes slow at time so it’s too demanding.
Pros
They have microwaves and refrigerators that you can use
Cons
Short breaks and no paid lunches
not much benefits
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXOctober 18, 2018
a typical day at Walmart is very stressful and tiring. I learned how to communicate with customers ans have patience. management is very unfair with their employees. workplace is very safe as far as I know. most enjoyable time of the job is when you work with people yoh know.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
Went down hill
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2018
I worked for Walmart ECommerce in GA for 2 years. I use to love going to work, I felt I had a pupose and was apart of something bigger. Hard work was appreciated. The building got a new GM and almost every manager that was there from the beginning , alot whom came from the floor have been fired. There is no promotion from the floor any more, everyone is coming from the outside new, with really no training. The rumor was the building was going to get wiped clean and that's exactly what happened. My last 5 months I hated going to work. My best day was my last
Pros
School reimbursement
Cons
Communication, lack of knowledge, unorganized, low moral
Workplace culture is like no other
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 15, 2018
Being at Walmart brings a lot of opportunity career wise, the company is really striving to better meeting customer demands. They are also very involved within the community which is nice.
Pros
on site mini market
Cons
day shift no lunch for associate 10 hr shift
Honest truth
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLOctober 15, 2018
Working here at the beginning was great! Everyone that started had an amazing oppotnutiy to travel out for training for a month. We came back and started off the FC in Davenport,Fl.
Everyone enjoyed coming in to work. Better yet enjoying 3 consecutive days off: Sat, Sun &Mon or 4 days off if you worked weekends : Tues-Friday. The start pay at the time was better than most warehouses around. $13.00/hr and a .50 cent raise every 6 months until you capped out to $15.They have quarterly incentive, which maxed out to an additional $2,000 a year on your pay check.
Their attendance policy is stricter than most companies. We couldn’t use our PTO the way we wanted to. If we came in late or left early that would be a write-up. Which never made since, If I have hours I should be able to leave and come in late and be able to us my hours as I please.
NO TIME IN A HALF ON HOLIDAYS just straight pay

As the months pass by this place has became a joke and managers blantly show that they can do whatever they want . They idol all their floor managers. Managers can do no wrong: even if its sleeping with associates, getting inpregnanted by them, lying on the associates, fidgeting with numbers. Everything they do gets sweept under the rug and a nice promotion if given to them. So much for there one of their core value: INTERGRITY. Manager’s kids get promoted without any hesitation. People that have been with the company for years with degrees gets over looked. This is all a buddy, buddy system if your not kissing someone’s tooch, forget about moving up.

As a receiver, the job isn’t
  more... hard. You scan in boxes all day.
As a stocker, all you do is stock the item away in a bin
Orderfillers, man good luck!!! This is the toughest job in the warehouse. You are walking up and down aisles all day picking customers order. I really think orderfillers should get paid MORE!
Packers pack all day at a station
Please don’t forget PRODUCTION, if you don’t meet it, your …. Is grass......unless your manger likes you and they will cover you.

There's no lunch break, you have two 15 min breaks if you are working 10 hours and a 15 and 20 min if your're working 12's

Benefits package from dental,vision, and health is a joke. I’ve gotten blood work done and I had to come out $400 to pay, so much for having insurcance.

If you NEED job by all means APPLY, but don't make it a career choice.
Pros
Lunch, shirts, pay
Cons
breaks, benefits, mangers, lack of integrity, lack of promotions for blacks
Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2018
it is a fun place to work, the co-workers are friendly and very helpful if needed. They have a contest several times a month to win prizes. They have a Cafe in the building and food trucks come everyday.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Sometimes stressful
A very fast-paced environment
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 11, 2018
My overall work experience at Walmart warehouse fulfillment center was a very positive experience. In the year I’ve work at Walmart warehouse I’ve gain a lot of experience.
good paid
Picker (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLOctober 9, 2018
Like to work there, its very easy to pick. Pickers walk a lot during the shift. When people get hired by the company they get good paid and good benefits, they even get good vacations.
Pros
A\c
Cons
season
Managers are NEVER held accountable for the mess in the warehouse
Associate who hates racism (Current Employee) –  Davenport 7853October 5, 2018
White managers help white associates become managers and ops. It's not a matter of working hard & moving up, it's color of skin & winner of sucking up
Pros
Cons
Unethical, no integrity, managers children that JUST started working get promoted over associates who have served for decades, or have been there since start-up
Great work space and nice enough management.
Online Grocery Pickup (Former Employee) –  La grange, KYOctober 3, 2018
Walmart is a great company to work for if you are looking for a part time job or don’t need/ rely on money. A computer puts you on the schedule based on when the customer needs you. So you could work 4 hours on day and 8 the next and never get 40 hours. Don’t even think about getting overtime.
Pros
Hour lunch, higher pay than most companies
Cons
Never knowing if you’ll get enough hours. Management can get a nasty attitude.
Na
Walmart (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNOctober 2, 2018
Spontaneously observed product and more would never return core values truly a backwards company
Clicking is what they do at all times for every day reason
Productive and fun work place just wasnt for me
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2018
Lunch was by far the most enjoyable a typical night would be just running pallets and putting stock on the shelves in their correct spot the job wasn't hard put it was sort of a pain half the boxes didn't have the correct aisle location and half the people didn't work at all so it made the job difficult when everything that wasn't getting done fell on top of you
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Not a terrible place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORSeptember 26, 2018
Decent place to work if you can deal with the politics but the job can be very stressful it’s very fast paced. Some days would be good others not so great. If the store was in process it would make the job run smoother. Working with management is always helpful but you have to get the right managers
Cool place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I worked there for about 7 months,enjoyed the co-workers and my job. It was a far drive everyday but worth it working with good people.. Traffic after work hours was horrible
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No advancement
Typical Workday
Warehouse Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, GASeptember 25, 2018
Very fast paced, be willing to accept accountability for everything. They expect quotas to be met even with them moving you around from department to department.
Tthe benefits of working with walmart
Packer,putwall,inductor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
The benefits of working at Walmart are good it helps build your warehouse skills and those are some very good skills to have.It does get stressful sometimes but what job doesnt
Pros
pay
Cons
They throw everything on your PTL
it would be a wonderful place to work if there were career advancemet
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 23, 2018
A typical day at Walmart unloading trailer per level of service meaning oldest trailers unloaded first. what I learned by working here, you are not valued as an associate you just do your job. The Management don't care as long as you get there numbers. The Culture there says one thing but they show another not good. The hardest part of my job is no career advancement opportunities. the most enjoyable part of my job is I enjoy the hours. my overall rating dead end job
Pros
good working hours
Cons
low salary
Walmart
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 22, 2018
Poor balance between work and family life. Treat employees poorly and dont respect their personal lives. Pay does not compare to the work you do. Advancement is possible.
Pros
26 days pto
Cons
upper management
Great Place to work
Leader, Architect and Manager - Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  BrazilSeptember 17, 2018
My experience in Walmart.com.br is fully fill by good memorys, even all hard work we do day by day. It's a great place and provide to us the capacibility the transform our work in real actions all days.
The job you do and what you put up with working there is worth the pay when you realize everywhere you go is going to have similiar issues.
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 16, 2018
I was surprised to find out walmart actually gives you raises not just talks about them. The quarterly bonuses are near impossible to get so dont count on them. Super long rediculous security lines to go thru for breaks, lunch, or end of shift. Walmart ECommerce actually attempts to keep a good workplace culture in a variety of ways, trying to make their employees feel good and stay positive. gives food, has costume competitions, talent contests, etc. Not long enough breaks for the hours put in. I was working a 12 hour shift but did reports so would come early and stay later and only allowed 2 breaks during entire shift and no lunch. the breaks were i think 1 at 15 minutes and the other at 20 minutes. rediculous. i couldnt imagine if i were one of the workers standing, atleast i was in an office. I would recommend walmart however because the pay and the raises at the ECommerce, definitely not speaking for a store, only the ECommerce i worked at in Plainfield IN. If you are looking for the type of work that a fulfillment center offers, then atleast with walmart they attempt to think about employees some compared to other fulfillment centers. They try to have enough microwaves, bathrooms, lockers, even plastic ware for your food, ive seen places so cheap that they wouldnt even get enough microwaves or chairs didnt even care. the worse thing about walmart to me would be the breaks.
Pros
raises
Cons
breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart eCommerce. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight