Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 137,434 reviews matching the search See all 158,999 reviews
Definitely not for the weak
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2018
It is expected to encounter many personalities on the job but it is not expected that managers bully the staff and get away with it. Especially when you are an amazing worker and go above and beyond for everyone.
Overall Walmart is a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 17, 2018
Overall Walmart is a good place to work. They support teamwork and encourage interaction between their associates. they are just starting to give a quarterly time frame for full time, which will help maintain a better balance between home an work, and to ensure set schedules.
It was a great temporary job.
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDNovember 17, 2018
Walmart was a fun and relaxed pace work environment with friendly people surrounding you and there to help you with your job and make sure you got it done.
Hard place to work
Fresh area Support Manager Wal Mart Inc (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 17, 2018
Overall the company is a solid place to work but there is a lot of unprofessional managers and associates. The first four years that I was employed here the working environment was great and I had no problems with anyone. New management was brought in and place turned in to a circus.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Alot to deal with
good pain, not such a good work environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 17, 2018
when i worked here, the pay was good but the managers were terrible. nothing was really organized and merchandise was over ordered, meaning they ordered a lot of products even when there was no space to put anything. only really good thing was the pay.
The cap 2 shift never got credit for anything did the most work andwas under paid
Cap Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 17, 2018
a typical day at Walmart is stressful you have a store manager who is constantly on your back and has a ridiculous attitude if you cant control your anger don't work there.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
Productive and close knit environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILNovember 17, 2018
Worked there during and right after high school. Many friends already worked there and the environment allowed me to make more. Scheduling was flexible. Management was understanding, and expected no less than your best
customer appreciation filled with great individuals.
Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 17, 2018
I personally enjoyed the job great work environment full of opportunity to move up in the business. Management was very understanding and worked around your schedule.
a good experience and environment
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PANovember 17, 2018
Walmart work environment is a largely friendly and cooperative that provided many learning opportunities with the possibility to advance within the company. In the positions above a basic associate helped give experience in dealing with a middle ground interacting with salaried management and hourly associates. This most difficult part of the job was the daily workload could be highly variable depending on truck deliveries, and making plans on indefinite information. This work experience gave me a very informed perspective on working within retail setting both as a associate focused primarily customer service to a leadership position that needs to balance their workload, dealing with customers, and interacting with coworkers to ensure that everything went smoothly daily.
Pros
advancement possibilities, benefits
Productive environment cool job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2018
I would love to go back and work for Walmart the job it self in the tire and lube department is something I love to do I love cars and I’m very good with customer service
Pros
Lunch breaks are 1hr when working 9 hr shifts
Cons
N/a
Awesome co workers
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 17, 2018
If you're fast one person can do this job, the problem is that if someone calls out they don't call someone to do their shift, they expect others to pick up the slack.
Pros
Good people, decent pay, dependable hours
fun place to work
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Kerman, CA 93630November 17, 2018
I loved working here while I lived in my pervious town. I would had hectic days but was excepted in my job. had reasonable hours and enjoyed the company.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
had to take lunch
Walmart cart pusher (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNNovember 17, 2018
Not the worst place to work would recommend a position inside. The work has many benefits you can get a discount card after 90 days of working. Management does a wonderful job.
Nice Staff
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 17, 2018
The staff for the graveyard shift was really nice very helpful as well The managers will help you if you struggle and will also show you where everything is located if need be.
Why I left.
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 17, 2018
Most of the problems i had with walmart were with the poor management and bad practices. Other than that most of the time it was, at least decent with good people and simple instructions.
Pros
Discount card, hour lunches
Cons
Poor management, bad practices, stressful work environment
Great company, bad management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 17, 2018
Work there for three years great company, customers are great. Very reasonable with break times and pay is not confusing. The most difficult part of working at Walmart is keeping up with the workflow it's a very fast paced environment it requires quick thinking and hard work. what makes the work environment more stable is having good management without that then your store won't run very efficiently.
Pros
Great company values
Cons
Needs better salaried management
Great job for those in college
Perform customer service (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LANovember 17, 2018
It was a job that allowed me to continue my schooling and make a little extra cash while doing so, I enjoyed the customer interaction and made many friends. My main concern was the management was not always fair towards its employees. I was often having to pick up the slack of the workers who did not care about there job. I received very little thanks for doing others jobs, and often found myself frustrated. Overall, it is a great beginner job and helped me form great customer communication skills.
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYNovember 16, 2018
It was ok. But not effort people on night .had alot of call out and no help for our higher up at all . So would help if you need it at all .people say you doing g thing when you not even their on that day
Pros
Not far from my home
Cons
No help
Fun
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WVNovember 16, 2018
Fun place to work, all other employees were all nice, an good to be around, They treat you like apart of family. Would reger to whomever to work there.
think you are you do a great deal of work in a short time
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IANovember 16, 2018
applied for job change, but they found every reason for me not to change. After I quit they did not want me to change cause I done good job taking care of 1/2 of the store when short. Should have told me before I quit to keep me instead of keeping me in the dark
Pros
helping people
Cons
management does not communicate to each other very well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

543K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.

Powered by Comparably