Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 141,806 reviews matching the search See all 163,884 reviews
Overall okay place to work. You have to be tough enough to handle management yelling all the time.
People Greeter (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 19, 2019
It was an okay place to work. The management at my store was absolutely terrible. The only reason I stayed for as long as I did was because of the friends I made.
Pros
The discount card and the frienda you make
Cons
The point system and the management
Fun place to work at
Tier3 trainer for my department (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 19, 2019
I am in charge of entering information that is unloaded from a truck in a system call Ice, make sure that amount is correct if not input the correct amount. At times I work offline receiving single items that are build withing a pallet making sure that the amount is correct to be store in an area that will be ready to pick in order to send product to the customer. I also pick items using an MC40, which is a tool that will allow me to see what I am supposed to pick for the customer, this items will be put into a large tote that once it is complete I will take and place it in a conveyor belt. I also ship products to the customer when it is needed using the MC40 I will be assign to an area that will have all the items available for me to pick and pack, once it is done I will place then in the conveyor belt that will take the box to an assign truck for delivery...at times since I am a Tier3 this allows me to train new hires in my dept...
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 19, 2019
Customer service
Stock
Helping people find what they was looking for
Team players
Greeting my customer
Giving a helping we needed
Making sure my people was happy with my service
I like to working there people were nice my bosses were nice we'll have a good time
Janitorial maintenance floors and stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  Desloge supercenter 15 yearsJanuary 19, 2019
I like working at Walmart it's the best place to work then get you back on your feet everyone has a good time working there everyone helps each other you get things done I love working in maintenance and working on floors I love being maintenance in a janitorial person at Walmart
Pros
I love that our long lunch breaks we get there
Cons
And you get too short breaks to
Great enviroment if you like your coworkers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Not hard work but had a few issues finishing my amount of work by myself by the end of my shift sometimes. failing to finish your work on times leads to an occurrence.
Wslmart is excelent compny with endless career options
Manager - Grocery Online Department (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Wal-Mart. Worked in several different areas. The company truly cares about customer care . They have lots of educational programs. The company cares about the employees and making sure they are properly trained.
Pros
Lots of differnt oppertunities. Growth in the company
Cons
Work holudys and weekends
There are better opportunities out there
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 19, 2019
Stressful environment bred not only by customers but management. It's not healthy for anyone. The only enjoyable part are those brief instances of kindness from customers otherwise the day drags on. Management claims an 'open door' policy but regularly shuns and gives a unapproachable attitude towards associates. Complaints about hours or scheduling conflicts are only taken seriously after constant badgering of several different managers. However, it is a great place to learn about patience and how difficult retail can be. If anyone does decide to work there or has an opportunity to, I would recommend taking it for a temporary job only to get a new perspective on working retail.
Great place to work, but at the same time horrible.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJanuary 19, 2019
You have your highs and lows with any job. Good money if they give you good hours. Don’t sign up for core hours unless you are absolutely okay with what they’re giving you.
OK place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 19, 2019
If you're in dire need of a job Walmart has you covered. But you must stay on top of your actions and answers because very easily you can be thrown into something you'd thought you wouldn't experience. coming from a place they call family.
Pros
Will hire anybody.
Cons
poor management, will be singled out if given the chance.
A lot of work
Assistant Store Manager/Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Walmart was a tough company to work with but I’ve always given it my all. I help in multiple aspects of the company completing multiple tasks throughout the day. I helped many other managers and loss prevention associates with their jobs as well while still doing my own.
High Paced High Stress
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 19, 2019
Stressful hours
Manager work force salary works well
Un achievable goals
Upper Manageent out to lose your job to protect their own
Wal-Mart always restructuring so you job feels like its on the chopping block every day

But it pays well
Terrible work life balance
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Terrible Work Life Balance
Relaxing
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Typical night would be a meeting and review over what needs to be done
What I learned is the area of the store and placements if items
Management was helpful and stern
Typical Day
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2019
The day starts with checking email for any new information or policy change. Attend a meeting with supervisors to align with the priorities of the day and set time schedule a future time to tour their area. Work side by side with associate to strengthen any training opportunities. After lunch take care of some administration duties such as prepare schedules, conduct personal meetings, reconcile bank statements, and prepare financial reports.
Nice productive work environment.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked in the pharmacy at Walmart since 32007. I was not certified and learned what I could from those around me. I have since become certified and like the work I do.
Positive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJanuary 18, 2019
Walmart offered a clean, fast, an friendly environment. They often hold events to raise money for the children's miracle network at the Lebonheur children's hospital.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Short hours
Neutral
Frozen\Dairy (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 18, 2019
A typical work includes, but not limited to, people calling in a lot, inconsistent help, incompetent co-workers, lazy co-workers, etc.Be prepared to go above and beyond for management that doesn't reward much and constantly changes expectations.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Incompetent co-workers
buena empresa
auxiliar de bodega (Former Employee) –  toreoJanuary 18, 2019
buena empresa aun qno hay comunicación entre mismos compañeros y desigualdad de genero
Pros
no hay pros
Cons
pero tampoco contras
Subjective
Asset Protection Customer Host Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Most of the answers to these questions vary. I'd recommend certain stores maybe to other people, but I have had my share of experience working at a store with horrible managers. In general, things are at the managers discretion. As for PTO, you earn a certain amount depending on how many hours you work. Different positions suck more than others, depends on your forte.
Pros
An hour lunch and 15 minute breaks, you always know how many call outs will get you fired
Cons
Some things don't make sense, some managers aren't very good, others are great
cook outs
Customer Service Manager / Merchandise R.A (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2019
typical day at Walmart, meeting the same customers daily, i learn what is the Walmart brand, the hardest is getting help when you need it, enjoyable part, my cashiers.
mainly fair to employees
Overnight Stocker Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 18, 2019
i enjoy working with my fellow associates Walmart is cutting back on call ins you now get 5 points in a year for missing time for being out use to get 9 in 6 months you get now 1 point if during Monday thru Friday ,2 points if on weekend and if Holiday you get 3 points This is really bad if you really get flu on a weekend Holiday! Instead of getting 2 weeks vacation after 5 years each year you have to wait to accumulate them like 2 hours every 80 hours or so
Pros
flexable shifts
Cons
poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

544.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.

Powered by Comparably