Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 153,681 reviews matching the search See all 177,257 reviews
Nice starter job
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 15, 2019
Nice starter job. It provides a lot of opportunities to move up in the job. It could easily become a career. Also the benefits are great. They also have quarterly bonuses
Pros
Good money bonus benefits
Cons
Uneven work load
Ehh
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZJune 15, 2019
Walmart was interesting to say the least. There was a lot of people who would come in and then leave because of management, other works, unfair hours and inconsiderate customers.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, rude customers, poor management
very hard working
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 15, 2019
the days at walmart started off long being that orientation lasted 12 hrs on the first three days. most of the work given was easy and we usually always finished.
Associate lounge
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN 47907June 15, 2019
It’s great to have an associate lounge for breaks and lunch. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner for associates that have to be away from their families during the holidays.
Pros
Accident free awards
Cons
Required to work on holidays
Position desired was switched
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 15, 2019
First, working at Walmart, was great. Later i learned that the reason i was hired was to be changed from my initial position. It wasn't an advancement. They hired my as a stocker, then placed on maintenance
Excellent
ICS Associate (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 15, 2019
I loved working as a ICS associate it was a great learning experience and the employees where great we had fun at work everyday there felt like being with family
Fun work place but incrdibly stressful.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 15, 2019
Managers were great and did there best. But woudnt change my schedule for months. People were bad on the line and pushed it so things fell off. Times werent fair. But i the people I worked work were great. Not a bad job at all. Just people needed to listen to your needs more.
The place was a good starting job but I can’t see it for myself forever
Cap team 2 (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDJune 15, 2019
The work can get tedious on cap 2 a lot of the weight of the store is carried on our backs. We couldn’t afford to have bad days which inevitably led to many bad days since we don’t get many “breather day” to relax
fun work place uncomparable employees
Apparels Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32608June 15, 2019
this work environment was very close
if anyone had s y dilemas or issues
somebody anyone of the othwr employees would not hesitate to run and assist the troubled employee
Never that great. Just a place to earn money. The only thing half way decent were the health benifits
Service manager (Former Employee) –  Auto care centerJune 15, 2019
Poorly structured upper management. Nobody knew the policies or protocol of auto care center. My asst. Manager transferred from housewares to auto care center and did not have a clue. She was constantly working different shifts in other departments to gain favor of store manager. Store manager been there 35 years just skating by till he retires. He was constantly seen in the parking lot taking naps during the day. Always seemed glassy eyed due to drinking or being hung over.
Good Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXJune 15, 2019
Wal-Mart is a good place to start a job, offers good learning opportunities for all the employment team. The benefits are ok, I don't think the best but they do offer some sort of benefits.
Pros
job opportunities
Cons
support system
Not great, but its a job
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 15, 2019
I am someone that has never been good at sales, so when I got accepted in night crew I was very happy. I slowly learned its nearly impossible to work nights with a toddler, especially because I was a single mother at the time.
As far as I'm concerned, its an okay place to work. full of drama, kinda like a high school for adults?
Walmart distribution centers
RSR Driver Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKJune 15, 2019
The distribution centers are definitely hard work. Warehousing in the supply chain can be challenging at times mostly around major holidays. Staffing is difficult, very few new recruits will remain. The pay is not the best, but it's not bad either. They always pay incentives for higher performance, and the company usually provides a quarterly warehouse bonus based on overall performance. The health insurance is one of the best available hands down. As a full-time associate you have various levels of coverage that fit your particular needs. The Walmart family oriented culture is legendary and does indeed live up to the legend!
Pros
Culture fostered is mostly team/friend/family type orientation and is second to none in this regard, great health care.
Cons
Weak, unskilled (or even uncaring) management, unable to balance workload vs resources available effectively.
Great. Company
Project Manager II, Innovations Ops Support (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 15, 2019
Great company, good benefits, getting more competitive to attract better talent every year. Nothing bad to say about the company or the people who work there. Great opportunity to learn retail and grow yourself personally and professionally
lunch room, hour for lunch
Deli Worker (Delicatessen Worker) (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAJune 15, 2019
It was an ok place to work. I worked in the Deli, good atmosphere and the team I worked with were awesome. Sometimes I got the chance to make subs which was fun and I also helped with inventory which was difficult but the manager I had was patient and made sure I knew what I was doing.
Pros
discounts off merchandise
Cons
point system, switch management too much
Not a Career, believe me you can do better.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 15, 2019
The only way I advanced was being a slave to Walmart's politics, another company only prizes profits, (thus pieogen funds) they profit if your dead or alive. This is a company that's racist and only advances certain races, they want you to not think highly of yourself, they want you to spend your hard earned low paychecks exclusively at store.
Pros
Leaving company, getting your life back.
Cons
Pharmacy the best position.
Good place to work fast paced and really calm
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2019
Walmart has been good to me for the past two years it’s an okay job for a start but I’m looking for bigger and better things higher pay and more hours.
Benefits
Cons
15 minute breaks
great
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2019
It was a very happy place to work and it was also a very safe place to work. At Walmart I got to work around many different people and sometimes I had to deal with people with bad attitudes but I just smile and keep working.
Hard work pays off.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 15, 2019
A usual day at the Deli contained a mental disabled lady yell at us. We was always required to met an exact perfect level which stressed up constantly. Overall, we worked hard as a team and did our best to get the job done.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Stressful
Horrible management
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Summerfield, FLJune 15, 2019
I was hired when I was 17, and they couldn’t find a position to put me in. I trained for over half the positions in the store and the continuously moved me. Horrible experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

547.5K

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss