Walmart Employee Reviews

Busy, fast paced job
OTC Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 20, 2017
Walmart expects alot out of the employees. They've added A lot more duties to the department manager's job description. Walmart is overall a good place to work, they offer benefits, promotions, and quarterly bonuses.
Pros
Healthcare, bonuses, paid time off, promotions
Cons
Fluctuating hours, work every holiday excluding Christmas
good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 20, 2017
Walmart is a good place to work. It can get stressful as with all retail jobs. Advancement is possible and likely to the right candidate. Pay is reasonable. Hours can fluctuate a bit too much for a family provider.
Walmart
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
Walmart is a great company to be with while finishing up on your next step in life. It’s a job that should usually only be used to pay basic bill being that you only get a few hours a week and it’s reallh hard to become full time unless you work night shift you are guaranteed 8hrs shift daily 4-5 Days a week with overtime every now and then.
No weekend life but 4 days off with good pay
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILNovember 20, 2017
Weekend shifts are about 14 hours per day but good incentive bonus and base pay. Only 3 days so you get the whole week to yourself. Best offered benefits around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No work/life balance durning scheduled days
Fast paced, always changing, training, Support
Lawn & Garden Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCNovember 20, 2017
Customer service, fast paced, always changing. Teamwork, Support, training, check out, friendly. The team that I worked with was more like my family than co-workers.
Pros
Teamwork, Support, training
Cons
Pay
Very poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 20, 2017
When I first started this job, I was told my hours would be worked around with my schooling. As I began working, my hours interfered with my school hours. As I told management multiple times, they refused to change my hours. When I got my raise after the three month period, my hours were cut tremendously. Due to my disease, I have to take one day off every three months in order to get to my specialist in San Antonio. Management knows about these doctors appointments and continuously scheduled me to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management is not understanding
poor place to work
Cap team 2 member (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCNovember 19, 2017
Walmart employees and management are cosumed by drama and are always talking and making rumors about other associates. I would not recommend working their unless you really need money.
Pros
n/a
Cons
money
Cashier/people greeter (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 19, 2017
It is an excellent company.It has wonderful managers and workers.Everybody is very pleasant.Everybody enjoys to work there.Management is fair to all its employees.
Pros
team environment
Cons
Very stressful non accomplishing work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMNovember 19, 2017
Managers always expected more than could be managed in a shift, with strict limits on overtime. Employees would always be over tasked with work and not enough time to finish. Managers had no care for employee abilities just expected everything to be done.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Management expectations, work was never enough to managers, there is always something wrong with your work.
nice and friendly place to work
Layaway Associate (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJNovember 19, 2017
they made me comfortable to work there. All staff were friendly and very helpful. They are a very fast paced place. They are all about they costumers.
Walmart can be hardest yet most rewarding places to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 19, 2017
The hardest part of the job is the hours and how much expected of you to do.the most enjoyable is the customers.You learn different electronic devices.
Pros
Some of the best co workers you'll find
Cons
I used to love my job. The people and customers
Workplace was very fun
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 19, 2017
Working at Walmart could be very fun and relaxed at times. Most times, it was great customer services and the coworkers didn’t mind helping the new employees with the stocking.
No advancement
Meat dept associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2017
If you bust your butt at work and have a great work ethic, do not waste it here. Advancement is hard unless you are friends with management. Their friends get first pick, even if you have previous manager experience and education backing you for the position. However, once they are aware of how hard you work and your work experience, they will use you with the promise of advancement to get you excited and then it does not happen. Also, you can work full time hours and never be bumped into full time to be able to receive benefits.
Pros
discount
Cons
almost everything else
Great place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJNovember 19, 2017
Walmart is an amaIng place to work it gives you a since of security with your day to day work! There is always someone to help you if your not exactly sure how to help someone else and the scheduling is consistent also we were allowed to swap shifts to benefit our personal lives without much of an issue!
Great Place to Start
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Ohio City, OHNovember 19, 2017
I needed Retail Management to advance my personal career goals, so i chose Walmart I personally have gained a wealth of knowledge and information but I ready for the next big thing. Walmart is a great place to work and I have enjoyed being employed there.
management
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZNovember 19, 2017
good but very tough management very bad assistant managers and never got full time when promised too. we do make friends and at times have good days. but also had bad days. depending on how good of mood management was.
A stepping stone
Cashier, SCO and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILNovember 19, 2017
I have experienced a great deal of challenges since I have worked at Walmart. I now have the knowledge to know what I want in my future career. A position where I am challenged everyday.
Walmart
CSM Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCNovember 19, 2017
The management is awful. They do not communicate with you, they do not teach you, and they do not care if you succeed in your position. Even if you are hardworking and willing to learn they will cast you to the side and get mad when you don't know how to do something.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible Management
its allright if you like retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2017
it is a fast pace place to work ffor, it was an ok ccompany tonwork for until they took pour benenfits away from us and want to change everything around.
fun workplace
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXNovember 19, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Committed to providing superior customer service and pleasant shopping experience. Walmart provides good healthcare and some other benefits.
Pros
long break
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.