Walmart Employee Reviews

Sales Associate, Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAJuly 21, 2018
I liked to work at walmart. Only reason I left working at walmart was career advancement and per week hour, which was less. Otherwise I was enjoying working there.
Pros
Good breaks and Store manager was good
Cons
Less per week hours
Good job for a college student
Wal-Mart overnight Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 21, 2018
The hours are cut anytime something happens that cost the company money.they have good managers and some that are horrible. They are cutting hours back a lot right now
Schedule Flexibility
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 21, 2018
Overall this was a good job especially since it was my first job while attending college yet, I always had problems with my schedule, and I was a student for most of the time. Their training for pharmacy staff is bad. I feel they should completely change the training and not place too much limit of technicians while in the pharmacy concerning wallets, and types of drinks to drink during your shift (we can't take anything but water to drink throughout our shift in the pharmacy, and nothing bigger than a basic water bottle size).
Pros
pay higher than independent pharmacies
Cons
lunch times for long shifts, communication, limits on technicians during work
Great job for those who love to interact with people on a daily basis.
Front- End Sales (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 21, 2018
Great job for those who love to interact with people on a daily basis and standing for long periods of time. The job is very easy once you learn the basics and management is always willing to work with you if you inform them in advance.
nice place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2018
Nice place to work. Everyone is nice over there. And managers are listening to your ideas all time. If you are looking for part time or full time. They always has position for you.
Part time job
Cashier / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 21, 2018
I worked as a cashier and customer service desk which I enjoyed very much. However between management and bad work hours. I left to go back to caregiving.
Pros
Made some lifetime friends at Wal-mart
Cons
Management and hours
poor management!
Fresh CAP 1 Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2018
working there is annoying. they just basically throw you in there with no training. I worked there for 3 weeks and still can't explain my job in detail. there is like 4 people above you, and they all tell you how to do the ob differently. They schedule people to work 7 day straight. This was only a summer job for me and I'm so happy. I don't understand how people work there for 5+ years.
Pros
pay, time goes by fast
Cons
everything else
Not the best place
Sporting Goods Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604July 21, 2018
It was ok at best as long as you worked with someone who you enjoyed working with. If it wasn't for the people that I worked with, I would of left a long time ago.
good place
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 21, 2018
i enjoyed working here when i did. i was a stocker on night shift. it was enjoyable and i worked at my own pace. would recommend it to anyone. good management when i was employed there.
It was ok
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 21, 2018
It could have been better but it felt like i was alone working and i got put downn a lot, they defiantly picked favorites and i couldnt be part of it anymore.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Being treated diffrenetly, picked favorites
Hard working job with a fair pay
Logistics Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Watchung, NJJuly 21, 2018
Walmart is an unattractive job in terms of the job description and demanding hours but has a lot of great managers and coworkers. I mainly worked for the pay to help with college. I didn't learn much at Walmart unlike my other jobs but I believe it brought out the best in me and taught me a lot of life lessons.
Pros
Experience in the workplace
Cons
Pay, Long hours, grueling work
Great Mission, Terrible Execution
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJuly 21, 2018
As a former Assistant Store Manager, I know that Walmart---as a company--has great policies for employees and customers, a great focus on progress, and goes through great lengths to test and implement improvements. That's all awesome; but it means almost nothing when in-store management is plagued by incompetency and flat-out idiocy. I started off in a great store with a good store manager. He followed policies and was fair. He set the tone for the other managers, who were pretty good to customers and employees. He helped me move up into management by giving me opportunities to learn new skills. Unfortunately, most management is garbage. Most have their own interpretations of policies, botch things up, blame the subordinate employees, and wonder why they have call-outs and high turnover. Regional management and higher needs to do some sort of "undercover boss" type of thing nationwide, keeping hourly employees anonymous. Heads would roll from salaried store management teams.
wasnt bad
Fresh Food Associate (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSJuly 21, 2018
wasnt a bad job they are pretty infair with the rules management didnt have to follow them really but if you got caught breaking them you got 3 striken then you are fired with out warning
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 21, 2018
Walmart was a good place to work although it was fast pace being a stocker and cashier because its very busy it had alot of benifits and paid good and manager was fair
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
No free lunch
Fun place to work
Cashier, Sales Associate, Money Center (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 21, 2018
Management was good to employees; had good hours; was asked ahead of time if I could work ovetime if they needed the help; fair to their employees; management always listening to customers as well as customers
Pros
fast pace good people
Cons
sometimes not enough help
Great working experience and great peers working there.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2018
Walmart was amazing to work at. I would recommend it to any one who apply. It brings in good pay and great benefits to the employee's. Hopefully one day i can get re hired.
enjoyed working in the neighborhood market atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 21, 2018
enjoyed the people and coworkers. Walmart neighborhood market is more of a family type atmosphere. you get to know your customers as the same ones who live nearby come in all the time and you get to know them by name.
Pros
good benefits for part and full time employess.
Cons
i experienced no cons.
Not fun lack of safety concerns
Cart Pusher/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJuly 21, 2018
I left because I couldn’t work for someone who didn’t want to care for employees. I didn’t like working for them because of lack of safety. They made me work outside in a lightning storm
Can be rewarding yet very stressful
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 21, 2018
Working with the public can be rewarding and also very infuriating. Some people are very nice, caring and appreciative. Other people seem to think that we make the policies at WalMart and everything is our fault. We try our best but sometimes it is unappreciated. Some of us care too much about the company while others just see it as a job.
The best part of the job is helping others and making others smile and laugh. The hardest part is management wanting yes-people not people with a voice.
Walmart thinks a computer making the assocaites schedule works when in real life it doesn't They have tried this multiple times and each time it has not worked. Most people can't work from sun up to sun down because they have a family to take care of. Family is important.
Productive and challenging work environment
Asset protection associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30316July 21, 2018
This is the first job I've truly loved and enjoyed doing. Detainment of individuals caught for shoplifting. Minimization shrink within the store. promoting safety. Investigations and case files

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

539.9K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.