Walmart Employee Reviews

It was long hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 21, 2018
Nice ppl to be around and competitive pay..I would go back for a better pay.. it was very home like working there.. great benefit for a large family..
Quick Promotion
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALApril 21, 2018
I began working at Walmart as an individual contributor. I was promoted to a warehouse supervisor within a month of employment. I am thankful that the management team was able to recognize and acknowledge my hard work and dedication.
Nice place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOApril 21, 2018
Great place always doing something different. It was opportunity to move up. You get a chance to make custom happy. You got a discount, hour lunch. They love people who can work in most of the store.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 21, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers when the needed help especially the ones that can not do for themselves. you meet alot of people
overall
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 21, 2018
I worked for Walmart for 11 years. I been in several positons with this company and the overall conclusion I got from it is more. All they ever want is more nothing is good enough for them.
Stressful with endless and impossible needs.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 21, 2018
I work harder than everyone on my team and because of that they make me do every body else’s job too. I get paid the same amount as everyone else who bring a 1/4 of the productivity I bring.
Very good pay but stressful!
Freezer Hauler/Grocery Lift Driver/Chase Runner (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLApril 21, 2018
The hours you work are kinda ridiculous especially if you work the weekend shift. Either AM is 3:00 AM- 3:00 pm or 5:00 am to 5:00 pm. Or the night shift is 3:00 PM- 3:30 AM or 5:00 PM- 5:00 AM. Very rarely do you actually get out and go home at those times which can be very stressful. But having 4 days off is very nice if you work the weekend shift. They do have a 3 year rehire period if you leave so be cautious because I learned the hard way.
good
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAApril 21, 2018
the work is easy and run smooth the workers are very nice and welcoming I would recommend anyone to work with them because its a great place to work..
Productive and fast
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2018
Constant moving, good hours, good pay, quick propomtions if you do your job, comfortable work environment, managers train you well and are there when you need them
Pros
hour lunch, great pay, friendly environment
Cons
no overtime
Stressful
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2018
This company will retaliate if you speak up,not allowed to make mistakes, and you will be bullied. If corporate gives management a bad review they will retaliate, some managers will ask you to work off clock but don't tell ,they don't like you to report accidents because it might mess up their chances for bonuses
Pros
The workers are friendly to each other
Cons
Short breaks if you eventually get one

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Cashier
Money Center Cashier (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 21, 2018
A typical day at work Smile and Greet your Customer. Small talk with the Customer.
What you learned is work fast.
Management is to keep Associates doing their job right.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job keep the Customer happy.
Pretty ok job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 21, 2018
Really not as bad as people make it out to be the managers help you, and there is room to move up however it is difficuly sometimes. The people are great though and its not a hard job.
terrible place to work
Guest Service Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 21, 2018
This is a terrible experience. I worked here while attending college to have some income for basic necessities. However, the company pays minimum wages and tries to find any reason not to give a raise and the raises ranges from 5 cents to 25 cents per year for the billion dollar corporation.
Messy and Stressful work place
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2018
They where Lier’s they bent the rules they had favorites managers where poor at what they do if you ask me Everybody under Walmart establishment is unprofessional
Pay is competative and fair
Store Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 21, 2018
Wal-Mart started as a great company with a great man. The culture has changed in the past 15 years I worked there. In the Houston area that i work in it has lost it's roots of "Our people make the difference." in favor of cost cutting and bottom line. There are still amazing people that work for WalMart and I am sure not everywhere is like my area. Company wide there as been a drastic cutting of jobs that typically contained long term associates and management. I see where this certainly reduces cost in the company; however, I feel the company has lost a great deal of it's people resources.

WalMart is a fantastic company for young, single people that look to advance quick. I would not recommend it for married people with children.
Pros
pay, growing, lots of options
Cons
Stressful, Work Hours, Work/Life balance
Fun place to work
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYApril 21, 2018
I actually enjoyed working at Walmart. The staff were team players and I am a people's person so it was great being able to interact with the customers. It's fast paced but, I can say I had fun while working with the other staff.
Pros
Discount available
Cons
No overtime offered
Steady Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tullytown, PAApril 21, 2018
Walmart is an okay place to work. Some managers are great and others are not. Great first job or if you are low on cash. I was at walmart for 8 years and the worked with me until I finally relocated to a different state.
Pros
Tv in break room
Cons
don't get breaks on time
Rich environment and knowledgeable experience
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAApril 21, 2018
Working at Walmart was simple but could become difficult mostly on part of the type of customers and obstacles you could and would encounter from time to time from angry customers to complex tasks as helping in other areas and departments. Some days would be slow and other areas like receiving or the bakery or the cashiers would need more help.
Pros
Quick and fast responses when help was needed
Cons
Sometimes you couldn't appeal to an upset customer
Productive place to work
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
Over all my experience at Walmart was a good experience. A typical day was the usual which is working in a great environment. Management was awesome and very helpful when needed to be. I enjoyed working there I'm no longer there because the job was seasonal for the holidays. I would recommend anyone
Pros
lunch was free
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYApril 21, 2018
Fast paced, have to be willing to be overlooked for a lot of things. they play favorites all the time. salaried members of management and some hourly managers can do no wrong. they only cared about certain workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

537.3K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.