Walmart

Walmart

Walmart Employee Review

Walmart Truck Driver Class A Review - I was treated well and compensated fairly

This is a high pressure driving job. The rules and regulations have gotten to be overwhelming. It was a great job when I went there 31 years ago, gradually became a good job, and now is just a pressure cooker. After 31 years, I couldn’t keep up with their new regulations as fast as they were coming out with them. The money was the best in the industry, but the industry has been gradually catching up. New drivers will slip seat for years, you will have at least two days a week at home, but they won’t be Saturday or Sunday. They maintain their equipment well.

Pros

Guaranteed home time, good compensation

Cons

Pressure cooker

Same role

The pay is great the Benefits are good i love getting pto.

Been there for 2 years great pay all right benefits. I get to go home after 6 days on my program, I'm off 2.5 days. They pay you for all your activities drop ,hook lady overs etc.. I'm going to miss this job because there's a lot of good stuff vs the cons. This has been the best job I've had in my 8 years of trucking.

Pros

Pto, activity pay, safety bonus, safety days off, 401k, stocks, good equipment, breakdown pay, paidshowers, paid parking

Cons

Slip seating, driving in LA or bay area a lot, trucks governed at 65mph, drive cams, no pets
Same roleSame location

Pay is good.

The pay is good. The schedules are good. Time at home is weekly 2 full days off. Being new you have to slip seat until you're off if the extra board. Overall a good place to work

Pros

Money

Cons

Insurance sucks
Same location

Horrible place to work

Worst job I’ve ever had! The pay might be $20+ But you barely see it on your checks especially if you work weekend shift. You work 3 12hr shifts a week which doesn’t even add up to 40 hour work week. On top of that they send you home constantly every week when it’s no work for you to do. The production numbers are ridiculous they want to work to you death and then the breaks aren’t even legit or long enough.Your working 12 hour shifts with TWO 20 MINUTE BREAKS. That’s it!!! And if you work 10 hours you get ONE 15 and ONE 20 minute. I actually love warehouse jobs this isn’t my first but this one??? Don’t set yourself up! Pay might sound good at first but I promise it’s not worth it!! You also get 1 1/2 hours of PTO for every 32 hours you work. That’s nothing!! That means you have to work about 150+ hours just for a full day off using your PTO. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Pros

Days off during the week for part time jobs

Cons

Everything, literally everything about the warehouse is horrible, including most managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

58.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.
Powered byComparably

Compare Walmart with

• Walmart
  • I was treated well and compensated fairly
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?