Walmart

Delivery Driver68 reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 229,585 reviews
associatestorecustomercashierstockshelfmanagerstocking

Delivery Spark Driver

Make your own hours & excellent pay if you really hustle. All you do is just drive up, have Walmart employees put customers groceries & packages in your car and deliver them to customers homes .

Unorganized

Very unorganized and under staffed. Almost impossible to get management to listen to concerns.Can be very disrespectful at times. I enjoy working with people that put equal amounts work and respect into the company.

Walmart insights

Based on 113,011 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place but very fast paced job

It was okay working at Walmart, loved the people I worked with but team management/manager weren’t really the best at helping you with what you need. Would I recommend Walmart to anyone? Yes, the pay is okay (OPD/Online Pick up and delivery $17hr) it’s a very fast paced job and can be stressful especially in holiday seasons but it’s fun when you meet the right people. You make lots of friends

Good part time -job during high school/college

Typical day is pretty busy, especially if you are picking or dispensing on the weekend. Some managers are understanding, yet sometimes store management can be more focused on numbers and metrics more than their employee's needs and concerns. Oftentimes the new Store Manager seems very transactional in his leadership and will deny request for time off/ availability forms. Many times it seems like the Coach for online grocery is never in the back room, so it gets hectic when someone is needed for a customer concern, issue, etc. and they are not there.

Most companies out pay

Walmart was supposed to be the best, but once here, alot of companies pay and have better benefits. Every other division got the big raise and sign on, company is not managed well in Bentonville

Loved it

I had a good time, decent pay for an easy job. When management changes I left so it heavily depends on management, the work itself though is really easy.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Tiring

Nice company to work for. Lot's of stability. Easy to get promoted

Have worked for a long time. I enjoy my co-workers and management is always willing to talk. Can never go wrong when working for Walmart. This company has more employees than any other company.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Hard to be on my feet for 8 hours

Representatives were very nice and patient.

My only issue was the pay. I ran my car from 7am till 8pm. It begin to give me issues. I paid to fix it and maintain a home was not good because pay was not much Only time I made a little more money was around holidays. And that meant driving long hours everyday.

Cool job for busy places.

Pay is ok. Unless you get multiple orders. And it have to deliver then way far from Walmart. Don't get pay to return to store. And hardly get new orders unless in a certain spot around the city or store. And not always the same spot. Takes a while in most cases to get the order from store employees even though there is hardly any drivers. Or not enough store employees to load vehicles. Store shoppers are slow. And get orders on phone before they are even ready. Or get an order that ready and not allowed to pick it up for 15 to 30 mins. Ie kingman.

Pros

Make your own hours. Freedom to choose

Cons

Lack of work, lack of hurriness, hard to get consistent work

Personal shopper

Did not do job 1st hired for, lazy people. Supervisor lies, was doing job that took 4 people by my self later quit could not keep up by my self. after employment ended stopped shopping there period.

not worth the money

not a good organization they will send you into downright horrendous regions to deliver groceries for Walmart. They couldn't care less about the driver or their security.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

everything

Fair pay, unprofessional loads for drivers, faulty equipment for drivers making delivery, disrespect towards drivers.

Mistreatment towards drivers, faulty equipment, lack of respect from management causing ingery to drivers and store employees, bad interior doors and units pn refer trailers, etc.

Fun and challenging sometime

Good place to work no pressure you get enough breaks , Fun place to work you feel like you shopping the whole day I like that pay is okay According to the work you do

Stay very far away!

Walmart delivery (spark) is supposed to be a 1099 INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR situation. However the way store managers and associates have power over drivers.... It should be employee based. The kind of power they have is: Any physical store OGP Manager can deactivate a driver on the spot if that manager is having a bad day. If your car has ANY ODOR the store Associates can refuse your service, then ban or have you deactivated. It's VERY risky to work with them. If your trunk gets damaged because the associate SLAMMED bags of drano onto your trunk floor... Your S.O.L. Walmart won't cover it. Just find a different gig app honestly.

Pros

Some pay can be worth some trips. Work when you want from 8am-10pm

Cons

Managers are YOUR BOSS, 300item deliveries, not worth most of the pay, tip baiters, long wait times.

good for if you have nothing else

You can work whenever you want, but I only ever get offers in the early morning hours. this job started with a decent amount of offers, but as it gets popular in your area, there will be less and less work and more drivers to spread them amongst.

Pros

freedom to work when you want

Cons

the customers service is awful, they must only hire non citizens for cs, its always someone talking english really fast in a spanish dialect

It's hard to get one Trip per hour. Have to be near the Walmart to get any offers at all. That means sitting for an hour in between each trip.

Suspiciously low tip to delivery ratio. Hard to get more than one Trip per hour. More than likely you'll get an order every other hour so 8 hours of work equals 4 Trips. Just about any pizza delivery job is way better than this.

Pros

Being independent boss.

Cons

You barely make enough money to offset your costs.

Spark App/Contract 1099

Delivery Driver, so I did not see the inside , But the people that brought the Walmart items out were fast and friendly. I love taking to the customers and thank them.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Heavy traffic

Not the best

LONG UNPAID WAIT TIMES. Associates leave MANY items unbagged and you have to delivery them that way. YOUR AT THE MERCY of the store associate or management which means "They can refuse to allow you to deliver or pick up," But the company you contract with HAS NO OVERSITE on those decisions.App has multiple issues with no sign of fixing. Tip baiting happens OFTEN

Pros

Some deliveries can be worth it. Work on your time. Work when you want.... technically.

Cons

Tip baiting, Don't see FULL daily payments for 24 hrs. Any manager can ban you at any time.

Very bad company

The spark system is garbage, sometimes you get offers , sometimes you don't get .The app always down and they give offers to the new drivers and old drivers are getting fewer and less and bad offers for long distance.I have been working with since two years and finally i got a conclusion that i need to get a job , because i did my best to be part of spark and did my best to get a well done service for customers because i am representing walmart , but walmart does not care either about drivers and customers as well .Guys don't trust spark and walmart either , eventhough you worked with them for years they don't care about you .LOOK FOR A JOB WHICH KEEPS YOU ACTIVE AND LOVING YOUR WORK .

It was okay

Steer clear of this place. Warehouse associates are treated poorly and you're either told to quit or your job gets threatened. If you are not willing to give up your life to this job you're on the outs.Corporate has various personalities that are driving people out and the ones that actually do provide help are overloaded and blamed for what goes wrong. If you have boundaries they will turn on you and they're losing strong talent left and right because they aren't growing and Avo knows that. This place might be investor-backed but they will want to see a return at some point and there is a constant waste of money every turn you go.

If you like driving and enjoy people this is a great gig for you.

A typical day working 4 hours earns me over one hundred dollars. The flexibility allows you to adjust how much you may need to work each day to meet your financial needs.

Pros

Independent, Flexibility, Pay is good to great, No dress code uniform, Easy app to navigate and understand.

Cons

Returns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

51%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

37%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Walmart with

Career recommendations for Delivery Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Walmart