Walmart

People Lead53 reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 237,233 reviews
associatestorecustomercashierstockshelfmanagerstocking

Good company

Good company to work for. Has good job security and plenty of room for advancement. Can be very stressful. Good pay. Every day is different. Some great managers.

stressful

poor managementno consistencyno stabilitysalary is an insulttraining is horribleschedules is horriblemost enjoyable part is getting the 10% employee discount and walmart + for free.

Stressful

Stressful workplace, management team doesn't work together , a lot of communication issues between managers. Other associates complaining, low moral throughout the store

Intense Entry Level HR Position

This role will prepare you for any HR role you want in the future. You will be pushed to your limits but be more than capable going into your next position. Walmart is a rough retail environment and you will be expected to do an entire department's worth of work by yourself. Get your experience from Walmart's HR boot camp and leave ASAP for a better paying role that is less stressful.

Fair pay/work hours

Fair pay, workload is bearable things constantly changing focus on one thing this week and never mentioned again. Lots of Therapy sessions for associates who feel unappreciated overworked and trying to dealing with having a work life balance.

Not a good place

This was not a good place to work.I would not recommend to a family or friendThere’s a lot of good people that work there, but management makes life very difficult.

Great resources; Tough hours

Good place to work. They have a the latest gadgets and gizmos. Dont care about people working overtime and you can expect to be working lots of it. Overall ok.

Always changing

The priorities change everyday, it’s difficult to establish a work routine and have a clear understanding of expectations. Sometimes feel like you never satisfy their wants.

Fun workplace

Very flexible, and there is lots of opportunities for advancement. The sky is the limit, you will learn a lot. Everyday is different and you'll never be bored.

Draining

High stress. low reward. Poor communication with management. No support from management. undervalued and unappreciated. Not enough pay for high workload.

Pros

Make my own schedule.

Cons

Work life balance.

Good management

I was a people lead and I worked with different store managers and each manager did an amazing job running their store. They supported me and believed in my dreams for advancement.

Was an awesome place to work until management changed

Terrible market to work for. They play favorites and do not care if you do an awesome job. They just get rid of positions at will and try to force you to take something you are not even qualified for.0

Nice job

Overall the job was cool. I enjoyed the co workers, however, management sometimes got beside themselves and forgot about the culture that Walmart promotes.

What is the best part of working at the company?Walmart actually has some very nice employee benefits. Healthcare is cheap, but out of pocket expenses are very high. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having to work on average 65–70-hour long work weeks.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?In general, most of the associates are very friendly, but there is very little work ethics of most of the associates. Turnover is around 90%, so employees were coming and going all of the time. There is lack of management support starting with the Market Team and going to the Store Manager to the Coaches to the Team Leads. Much of this is because things are constantly changing. At 9am we are told to do one thing, then at noon to do something different and come 4pm they change things again. Some longer-term employees are viewed as shining stars, when in actuality they are just there sucking up oxygen and spreading negativity to others.What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was typical that I start work at 6am and look over compliance metrics. During the morning AM meeting I would relay for the Team Leads and Coaches to look over attendance, meal exceptions, training, and other compliance issues. Scheduling and recruiting/orientation were a large portion of the day. With turnover at 90% I was constantly trying to find individuals to fill open positions. It was typical that I go to each employee to inquire about meal exceptions and for them to complete their required training because their Team Lead or Coach -

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with co workers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Depending on the store your working at.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I stay busy. It seems like everyone needs you for something or blames you for something. But it's just me helping over three hundred associates.

13 years I should have been doing something else!

I can say that being able to transfer locations when i moved was a good thing. But i constantly found myself saying Walmart did not know the difference from their front to their back. And once i moved up into management i started seeing some shady things. At Walmart you are overworked and underpaid and not appreciated. It’s a trickle down effect so i believe the problem starts with the corporate staff sitting at their desks with no real clue as to what really is going on in the stores.I’m grateful for the friends i made and the skills i learned because they have been transferable in the medical field.It’s easy to feel stuck here but if you like working nights, weekends, and holidays and don’t mind feeling like you have no purpose or the need to feel valued… then this might just be the place for you.

Impossible to do People Lead job with poor Mgmt Team and system that never stays same.

Workload is not manageable for one person.Unrealistic expectations based on change of policies, programs and system issues. Many Leaders on Mgmt Team not qualified to manage their teams, constant issues and nothing is ever resolved.

Opportunity

Walmart is a great company to start you careers. If you are self motivated you will do fine. Most of the time you going have to teach your self about the process for Walmart .

The people / associates and the support of the store managers

I work over 2 stores - #3155 and 35991. People are very supportive and assist where they can . The leadership teams of both stores #3155 and #5991 are amazing and it creates a team that guides the new associates into the Walmart culture of respect, excellence, customer service and integrity.

People lead job is not difficult as long as you have organizational skills

I think the People Lead position is great. You need to be organized and be able to complete tasks assigned. I see a lot of people who struggle with the position, however it really is not difficult. The hardest part is staffing but that is not the fault of the people lead, it has to do more with the work ethic of who you are looking to hire. You can find the good employees, it just takes a bit longer. Definitely want to stay in the company and would love to move into a corporate setting.

Pros

Everything that needs to be completed already has a system in order to be successful, just master those systems and you can complete anything needed, You have to own your job, I love the people dynamic but this is shifting to a metrics based role which I love even more.

Cons

I do wish it was remote, Could get more done, Even 50/50 remote/on-site would be amazing, With the role shifting, people leads are no longer needed to cater to every associate, The team leads and managers can handle all aspects of the associate

Great People & Poor Policies

Almost a decade with the company and recently it has truly taken a turn for the worst. The company once thrived on promotion, fairness, integrity and putting associates first. That is absolutely no longer the case. Walmart wouldn't be what it is today without the people who run each part of the business, who make the successes possible. The heads of the company, trickling down to the store management level, have began to create and instill policies that put dollar first and people last. Such a shame.

Pros

Good pay Great benefits

Cons

Poor management training Focused on money, not people Lack of integrity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Walmart with

• Walmart
  • People Lead
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?