Walmart

Personal Shopper2,391 reviews

Found 2,391 reviews matching the searchSee all 240,097 reviews
associatestorecustomercashierstockshelfmanagerstocking

Management sucks

Not a good place to work, workers were overworked and the place is underpaid. Only benefit is the pto time and also the breaks. Voice a concern and it won't get fixed

Fun Workplace and good pay

I loved this job and the pay was good and the hours also. If your looking for a full time or even part time job this is a good place to work. They got good benefits after being there for awhile.

Management and corporate

Cold environment to work in. Feels like high school. Favoritism exist here. Ignorant rules that in fact waste everyone’s time and money. Need change to happen immediately!

Pros

Full time available

Cons

Terrible company to for.

Ok work place

Walmart was a ok place to work for the time being I do think the pay and management could be better, they could also use better rules but it’s decent

Busy workplace

Job is good for staying active 10,000 plus steps an 8-hour shift. Work isn't super meaningful, but its a paycheck. Job can be challenging if your out of shape. Dispensing is probably the most physical part since you're constantly lifting heavy totes of merchandise to bring out to the customer.

Good experience working there

As long as you go in and do your job you don’t hear from management. After training you are pretty much on your own as long as you do your job and no one bothers you. It gets really busy first of the month. I loved the walking

A stress filled overstimulating environment

For the last two and a half years I have been stressed out and over worked. I have no life outside of my job. I'm way to physically and mentally tired for anything after. Most of my requested days off are rejected. You can't take a day off unless you have PTO to cover it. No matter the reason. They even tried to deny me bereavement leave. I'm a breastfeeding mom and they put my supply at risk yesterday also they work on a point system for taking days off you can only miss 5days in a 6month time period or you loose your job. They do have some good benefits. The medical benefits are garbage. No where in town will expect them and you have to pay completely out of pocket to maybe be reimbursed half. Only the vision insurance is worth it. They have life insurance and 401k that are worth it. However I don't know what happens to that money if you are no longer at that job. Management is garbage they thrive in chaos and love to create extra chaos for everyone. Overall not the best job I have had.

Pros

Pto, 401k

Cons

Management, healthcare, and time off

It is a company that in order for you to reach a goal of rising as a person, you have to like the bosses, otherwise you will always continue down, no matter how much effort you have made as a good employee.

Fun

I really enjoy working here I am a hard worker and don’t mind the hard labor at all,I get along with all my coworkers I learned how to control customers and talk them through problems

fun workplaxe

stay productive be on time points system covid questionnaire good schedule time off requests approved you earn pto & pptogood pay can see how much you get paid everyday

It's Walmart: what do you expect?

Job requirements are excessive for wages. Digital shoppers are required to meet strict goals and this can make the job very stressful. Some managers are good, some bad. HR is not always helpful.

Pros

Friendly coworkers.

Cons

Anxiety inducing.

What is the best part of working at the company?It is easy work and descent pay. You can clock in and out on your phone, It is always changing and laid back. It beats a factory. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The customers and it all depends on who you are working under.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fast pace but nothing out of the ordinary, alwaus changing, It's fun, laid back, and energetic all at once. Lots of Diversity and acceptence.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy going, no stress, work at my own pace as long as I'm hitting my goals. Everyone that I work with are helpful and kind.

Decent Management, Bad Workers

I enjoyed my time working there. As time went on, management got better. But the majority of staff is high school students and the turn around rate is crazy. a lot of lazy people considering it is a super easy job

Walmart is not the place to work

Walmart promotes bad work ethic and gives no incentive to be a productive employee. They punish the hardworking associates and praise the one who have a less then favorable work ethic.

Managers

You have to be very specific with your availability and even then your availability will be discarded. They will make associates do a job meant for 3-4 people by themselves. Expected to work efficiently yet constantly having to stop working due to the network crashing or equipment failure or lack of equipment in general (associates will get in trouble for not working even without Wi-Fi)

Pros

1 hour lunch and 2 15-minute breaks

Easy job

Super easy job but management makes it hard the job its self is super chill though. I’ve been here two years and I’m officially drained and searching for a new job

Ok

Was ok overall. They overwork you and threaten to fire you if your pick rate isn't 100%. The management doesn't really know what they are doing, things are usually hectic if your dispensing.

Wasn't good for a beginner

It was my first job so probably why I did not enjoy it, it was incredibly difficult with little leniency towards my issues. almost got heatstroke from delivering an order in the parking lot and recovered slowly due to health issues, kept having to rest but got told i would be written up if i kept resting even though i still felt sick from the heat. i was not able to power through the difficulties even if they were my issue and no one else's

Pros

good pay, the actual shopping part was fun

Cons

not great for a first job

Easy work, good pay, but unrewarding

This is a great in between careers job that pays pretty good for the simplicity of the work. However, the work gets very monotonous and lacks good leadership in all departments.

Not the best

It was mediocre at best definitely would not Reca if you prefer career advancement. Pay is decent but hours are not guaranteed even when you are full time

Bad

It’s a job all about favoritism from management that will depend on how you get treated, regardless of how you perform. Often have feels like those with better performance are given more to do to cover for others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

51%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

37%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss