Walmart

United States214,227 reviews

Found 214,227 reviews matching the searchSee all 239,343 reviews
associatestorecustomercashierstockshelfmanagerstocking

Great learning experience

Walmart was a great learning experience, I learned how to stock, use cleaning machines, and how to do mods. Walmart has great benefits that helped me a lot

pay and benefits

Best paying Driver job in the industry. Take good care of the drivers as long as they do the job. Is quite micro managed, and being a new driver, you will not see any weekends at home.

Walmart insights

Based on 108,681 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Nice coworkers

Management sucked. They constantly wanted a lot of things to be done but with barely enough people it made it hard to even get anything done while also dealing with customers. It was also difficult to get them to work with my schedule. I had good co-workers and that's all I liked about the job.

Its gone downhill.

At my store at least, the job experience has gone downhill. My department is consistently understaffed, the management seems indifferent to the various issues going on, the security in the store is poor bordering on non-existent on a good day.It's honestly not worth working there for more than a season unless you have really no other choice. It didn't used to be this way.

Apparel

Worse ever place to work I would never work there again they just talk about every one nice to your face but don’t be hind your back and hr people do not care they have no respect for people at all

not at all accommodating

overall bad company to work at and buy from. never a good experience walking in those doors as a customer or as an employee. i was asked to call ADA about my disability when asked if i could get a stool to sit at because my knees were hurting. i have hEDS which isn't recognized federally as a disability, so i don't understand how they expected me to have the ADA tell them i should get to use a stool.

Great place to work:)

Management was super nice and amazing at keeping to your hours you could work. Coworkers were always nice and helpful, would 10/10 recommend for anyone starting a new job!

Attitude bad

Majority of the higher ups don't know what they're really doing so when they just tell you to do something and gets done wrong they blame us even though they told us to do it

Nice coworkers

Nice coworkers, however the attendance policy wasn't the best. At all. Many duties for you to do/a very low staffed Walmart. Had to do other people's jobs to make it all work out for "management's" sake. Lots of favoritism with certain employees as well.

Good place

Good environment, good training, nice workplace culture, excellent team work, manager are very nice people, I appreciate all, good place for growing!.

Not the best place to work

It's low pay and hard work, you get yelled at be management, I don't recommend. Most of the old timers are jealous of the new ppl coming in and they are rude and hateful.

Fun place to work.

This was a great place to work and I made a lot of friends. I had a great schedule and asking for time off was never a problem. I learned a lot working here.

Toxic environment

Most of Walmart is a toxic environment. Management is sneaky, and two-faced. I feel like I’m walking on eggshells when I work. The pay in pharmacy was decent, but could be better.

Fun

It was okay to work here .. the pay is good overall just wasn’t a good fit for me at the time I got the job I do recommend it to others if that’s what they want to do it live . U also get discounts

Definitely worth the effort

I enjoyed working at Walmart. The people I worked with were fun, and the benefits are honestly great for an entry level type of job. They pay above minimum wage, offer different types of paid time off (even for part time employees), a decent discount, and other employee benefits like gym membership deals and phone plans. There are days that it can be grueling, but most of the time I enjoyed the work for what it was and felt like the type of work I was doing was worth the benefits and pay rate by comparison.

Management is terrible

Laziest management I have ever seen at a Walmart. They do not help with anything and they will change your schedule and availability without any notice. They put no thought into the scheduling resulting in areas not being covered when they are supposed to be.

N/a

Working at Walmart on its worst days can feel very much like a daily grind of customer issues and lack of support from team members. It’s not always like this really depends on location and how staffed you are. My store manager at last store was probably best store manager I’ve ever had but even the best store managers can only do so much to make stores not feel like you’re always being told to do more and more until you’ve exhausted yourself.

Wal-Mart is not as bad as everyone makes them out to be...

I stayed at Wal-Mart much longer than I had planned. I enjoyed my co-workers and Assistant Managers. They were not forgiving at all when it came to taking time off or needing time off. I ultimately left after a surgery and needed more flexibility in accommodations and scheduling than they were willing to provide. This was well over a decade ago so hopefully they have improved in this area.

Fast paced work

Be prepared to work at a fast pace and you will be fine. The hardest part of the job is the Texas heat but other than that it is a pretty easy job. Most enjoyable part were the staff.

Woke Walmart is going to be the end of it

Walmart pay's differently depending on what job you are hired for. Cashiers are paid one amount, people on the floor make a little more, people picking make $2 more, people unloading trucks make $4 more. But you have to know and do all those jobs and most times it is everyday for a lower wage. Why can't we all be paid the same. Walmart policy encourage the kindergarten mentality of tattle tailing on every little thing. Makes for a poor work environment. You earn your PTO as you work and they have what is called protected time off they can't deny your time off. They also have a point system once you hit 5 you are fired but my store they would keep erasing points so you could not be fired so what is the use of having it. you have a 1 hour lunch and 2 fifteen minute brake. It is impossible to get your 15 because you were always doing another job than the one you were hired for.

Pros

Paid time off can't be denied

Cons

Tattle tail work environment, having to do other jobs you were not hired for for less money than that job pays

Management sucks

Walmart took away are bonuses, we can't get the hours we need. we are constantly told we are replaceable, and if we are dealing with too much work to handle we will be written up for not completing our task. I work in the Electronics department and after 3 pm I deal with ALL of the GM side of the store myself. I feel trapped, underappreciated for my work, and underpaid. I will never again recommend Walmart as a stable job again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Walmart with

Walmart reviews by popular job title

• Walmart