Walmart

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 230,558 reviews

Walmart insights

Based on 61,562 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

It’s decent for minors

Poorly managed, but for the most part you get consistent hours and never have to worry about hours , they don’t really hire a lot so work load was outrageous

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Overwhelming work

Spark Delivery Driver.. Don't Do it

They change the pay structure every month. They do not give you your tips. In Syracuse starting run amount is $9.30 regardless of order size. Many customers don't tip as they can use their Federal Handout EBT card to get groceries.

Pros

No boss

Cons

No pay

Great job with good benefits/ horrible management

Full time associates get amazing benefits and they provide great opportunities for associates with perfect attendance. But the management is very picky and choosey. They don't do interviews to promote even though anyone can apply for any promotion. They already have a person picked in their head and they choose them, even if you were more qualified.

Good customer interaction.

Walmart was enjoyable experience for me. I enjoyed my directs job and the people I worked with. Holidays were challenging, but the fast pace made the time pass quickly.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

High turnover

It was an over all alright experience.

It was an over all alright experience. Fast paced and fun social environment. Working for Walmart was a good time but it was very stressful during the holidays and cold weather.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Decent pay thats it

It was a hostile environment sometimes. And it was very upsetting how managers didn't care about other employees slacking off, there wasnt any consistency with managers sometimes they cared sometimes not. If I wasnt paid so well I would have went somewhere else. But health issues came up so I had to leave regardless.

Pros

Alot if hours and good pay

Cons

No structure in mangement.

Hostile and toxic work environment

Management is mostly poor. Hours are not flexible and management cares very little about a persons needs. Hostile work environment. Management would rather fire someone and hire a new employee than attempt to work with the current employee and reach a comprimise. There are no raises except for annual 2% raises. This leads to new hires consistently being hired at a rate of pay higher than that of existing employees, desptie a lack of experience, which causes a lot of friction between employees.

Not a family orientated company

Management has to change favoritism, change having to take mandatory hour lunch, constant changing work schedule. Not great place to work, little or no advancement unless a pet for management. No raises based on merit of job you preform.

Sales associate!

Cleaning all of the department of girls, boy's, men's, ladies, interments like bra and panties, and babies clothing. Cover someone 15 minutes break and then u have to answer the phone while you are there here and then u have to monitor the customers in and out of the fitting room.

Pros

Longer lunch break

Cons

Salary

Not bad

Managers leave you alone as long as you're doing your job correctly. The pay is awful. It was a great temporary job. They lied about benefits during hiring. Make sure you get information in writing.

Pros

Relaxed, stress free

Cons

No benefits

Great place to work for

Managers are like family. Very nice and friendly. Worked me hard but i liked it ! Cared alot about what was going on with me. Helped me get threw difficult times! Showed much love. Helped me out when i needed it.Conversated with me and also gave me alot of compliments on my work ethic.

Pros

Holiday dinners

Cons

Hr lunch 15 min break every 2 hours

walmart

It's a place that is about fun and work, but its mainly more of work like every job you ever had. But otherwise you it's a good place to work. it not a hard job to do.

Pros

1 hour lunch breaks and

Cons

1 to 2- 15 minutes breaks

Productive, friendly work environment

I started auto detailing after the vehicle repairs were completed. I 1uickly moved from the slowest store to the busiest. Then was promoted to the F4ont desk where i was trained in many things.

Pros

Productive, friendly, loyal, good health benefits

Cons

Th3y didnt take my personal life as a necessity. They didnt care about my needs, only my wo4k and work ethics.

walmart

People you work with there are great... its a team work environment.

Pros

discount

Cons

takes a bit to get to full time

Productive workplace, enjoyable coworkes

Walmart was a good environment to work. It was a busy store but led to the day going by faster. The people were also good coworkers and very knowledgeable in their areas.

Pros

long lunches

tv in breck room firendly

it not bad work some of the coworker are good and some think that they are better then you

Pros

friendly assicoes

Cons

not

One big family

Great place to work with good people. Flexible hours and good benefits. Management helps when needed they arent too good for any jobs demanding the extra help that day they would go as far as helping cashiers ringing up customers if they see it gets to be too much

Pros

cable tv on breaks, and for smokers a nice smoke spot, non-smokers never smelled the smoke

Cons

no cons