Walmart

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 228,327 reviews

Walmart insights

Based on 58,949 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Its exactly what you expect

It’s a good company to work for and has a few ways to get a higher position, but the amount of work that relies on one person is way too much. We often lacked the resources needed to get through the day.

Great place to work..

Go for it. It’s a great place to work if you like dealing with the public. There’s always room to grow with the company. Benefits are great as well. I love my job

Pros

Great insurance

Cons

Short staff

Messy

The job doesn’t pay enough. It’s stressful working with messy co workers and managers. And the customers are absolutely ridiculous but it is customer service.

Ok company

They have great benefits and good pay but with all this covid 19 going on they will send you home with low grade temp for a weeks with pay but if you dont contact the leave office and be approved for it you can lose your job and lose pay

Benefits

Okay place to work

Managers play favorites. Customers are extremely racist. Overnight managers are horrible and lazy! Management is never on the same page. The overnight managers bully workers they dislike.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great Job

Walmart is a great place to shop. Working there felt like home. Co workers were nice and friendly. I hate I had to leave this job. I've learned so much at walmart.

No attention to patient care

All that matters these days is numbers and not patient care and safety. Co workers create a hostile work environment. I have learned a lot for a pharmacy technician

A typical day at work

Walmart is a very fun place to work different people to work with and learn as well as the customers but together as a team we got through it to make sure whatever the customers needed we did our best to meet the qualifications of the customers expectations. And if the items were not sold in store we were sure to handle it online

Not enough communication

Management in general doesn't communicate with employees or other management in a beneficial fashion. Half the time the right hand has no clue what the left is doing.

Need something better

I been with the company going on 10yrs at First it was a Great place to work but, overtime it became stressful and I don't feel I am value anymore.. We understand staff overnight and over work and I make only .79 cents more than a new hire so under Pay yea time for something better..

Excellent place to work at

Working at Walmart was very great got along with everyone and people work together. I was stripping and waxing floors and also helping others workers out in different areas.

A great at the time was a great place to work. It was all about the customers and the employees. My life there was base around me and my livelihood with my daughter who was just born and i really loved working there.

Pros

Cons

Wasnt any

cashier duties

I normally ask my manager where they would like me to start. get on the register take a few customers. keep my area clean answer all customer concerns put back items customers dont need

Pros

the customers complimenting their visit based off how you treat them at the check out

Cons

poor management on certain days

fun work place

working at walmart is a hit or miss basically its what you make of it some days will be slow others are very fast paced . managers are very strict but understanding as well . the hardest part of working at walmart is the point system. i had no problems being on time but other coworkers could say that it very easy for your points to add up when life hits them

Not a good place to work

I did not like working at Walmart. They do not care about their employees and customers. The store I worked at was not well staffed. Employees there got their hours cut frequently.

n/a

Working at Walmart I enjoyed working with the public but management needs improvement. Managers are rude and have very little respect for those under them but demands respect. uncaring

Wally-world

Fast paced, loud and always on the go. Lots of walking and dealing with people who are either always happy or angry and you have to treat everyone with respect.

Pros

Fast paced

Fun workplace.

Nice people. Clean place. Very well taken care of by management. Nice environment. Smoke free. Helpful with family issues. Management is awesome. Always smiling when I worked there.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Pay not enough.

Working with the different associates

Wal-Mart was a good company to work for, it helps with dealing with the different people and attitudes. By working the retail business you meet alot of different and diverse people.

Pros

good pay

Cons

not a work life balance

it a ok job

it depends on what type of area u are assigned in automotive was the easy one 2 me n funirutire was the hardest 2 move cause u wood have 2 move heavy things sometime by yourself

Pros

short breaks

Great place

The typical work day is 8 hours. you receive two fifteen minute breaks and a hour lunch. They offer health insurance, sick days and vacation. Management is ok.

Pros

Dicounts

Cons

Hectic and a little too fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

58.6K

InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Walmart with

Learn about Walmart in Collierville, TN

• Walmart
  • Collierville, TN
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?