Walmart

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 230,743 reviews

Walmart insights

Based on 61,859 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

You can't expect too much from Walmart

Working in online grocery pickup, it was often a fast-paced environment. There's not a lot of interdepartmental contact, but within your own department it is usually a friendly environment. Coworkers were the best part of the job itself, although some of them hardly put in any work and get away with it. Most of the managers do a lot of work themselves, too, so it's nice to know that they're doing the same job as you. As with any similar job, there's always some awful customers.

Pros

Two 15 minute breaks, hour-long lunch

Horrible Management

Managers do not care about you in the slightest. Customers treat you horribly. Benefits are a scam to keep you working there, if you leave you get penalized It is your fault for choosing to work at Walmart.

Pros

You get a small discount on most things. Not grocery.

Cons

Terrible managers, poor work environment, heavy work load.

Overnight stocker seasonal

The Wal-Mart in Harrisville Utah is horrible to work for on the overnight shift. Some of the staff were really rude. I prefer the walmart on Wall or Riverdale if you are applying for this position.

Very stressful place to work.

Certain managers were AMAZING. Others were so bad they made you want to quit every day. Very inconsistent hours. The only really good thing about working there was the discount especially during the black friday time frame.

Curbside pickup is a productive ways to help customer get their groceries.

I assisted with local pickup and curbside service throughout the day. I was responsible for finding the product on the sales floor and staging it for the customer to pick up at a certian time. We were supervised by an assistant manager to maintain professionalism and speed so that we are on time for our customers. Sometimes it is somewhat stressful for us when we are required to help all customers. However, it is an efficient way of getting your groceries.

Pros

discounts

Cons

supervisor turnover

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Walmart

Walmart is located in Harriville, Utah. The employees there are friendly and relaxed. They always have a smile on their faces. I've enjoyed my time there.

Harrisville walmart. Terrible management, liars, you will have zero free time

I worked for the Harrisville Walmart location as a Cap 2 associate and my first red flag was that they lied to me to accept the job offer. They promised me full time and they hired me as part time while telling me otherwise. They also didn't give me complete schedules of which I was penalized for leading to my termination. I was also promised no penalty if I was helping customers before clocking in but that was also a lie. The management was also not good at their job and expected way way too much of the normal associates. That place is a prime example of, the route to all unhappiness is unrealized expectations. Other than that the work isn't too hard and they pay decent for the type of work.

If you are a hard worker this is a good company for you.

When I first started at my specific store, I was a general salesfloor associate who's primary task was unloading trucks and stocking freight. Through hard work, and good work attitude and ethic, I quickly was promoted to a Department Manager after just six months. After 4 more months, I applied for, and got a promotion to the GM Support Manager. For the most part I enjoyed my time working there, but my specific store had glaring issues concerning the Salaried Members of Management.

Pros

15 minute breaks, 1 hour lunches.

Cons

Bad Management can make every job in the store suffer.

Stressful at times

Walmart isn't a bad place to work depending on your management team. Inconsistent scheduling is a fatal flaw in my opinion. working until 11pm and then back again at 6am makes it seem like management doesn't care about work/life balance or your health in general.

A easy job for semi decent pay

It was an alright place to work pretty strict attendance policy though and management is rude, There is an hour lunch though. The work pace changes per season.

Pros

Long lunch

Cons

Rude management

Great learning experience

It's a good place to work if you like interacting with people. It's a fast paced on your toes store. The people are great. I have been there for almost 11 years and worked all over the store can run the registers and do inventory counts. Price changes. I have been in the garden department for the last 4 years and help maintain the plants and except delivery.

Pros

An hour lunch and 10% discount

Cons

Not willing to work with you for time off

title

The job there isn't that bad, it's the people and the the coworkers and the management that are bad. they're two faced and cannot be trusted. Once in a while you can get some people that are worth the breath but most, just aren't.

Friendly and positive work environment with plenty of room to advance and succeed.

Walmart is a very fun place to work. The customers always keep you on your toes and keep the atmosphere interesting. The associates are very supportive and will always help with whatever you need. The managers are extremely helpful and always handle every situation professionally and promptly. Overall Walmart is a great place to work.

Productive, hectic workplace with good hard working people with difficult schedules that are all over the place but can be fun

Clock in, get assignments, do the work, and during this I learned to work site to store, customer service, cashier, and electronics. Management is ok some are better than others but can deal. Hardest part of the job is when we have too many chiefs and not enough indians. the most enjoyable part of the job is when customers leave with a smile and knowing you did right by them at the end of the day.

Pros

Good hard working coworkers and staying late is optional

Cons

changing schedule, low pay, hectic long lines at registers

Good pay and good hours

I enjoyed my time at Walmart. The hours were fair and my pay was good. Being a stocker was just enough challenging that I wasn't bored with what I was doing.

great place

Great place to work. The work is hard and stressful at times, but, the people make it fun. Just don't get sick and miss too much work. Other than that I loved working there.

Pros

discount and bonuses

Cons

don't get sick

Fun assciates to work with

I did enjoy my time there. Upper management was over worked and im sure under paid. I believe in "lead your people by example and the Store Manager led by intimadation. Its a domino effect.

Pros

Friendly associates

Cons

Upper management

A very good place to work.

I enjoyed working there. Their health benefits were excellent. I appreciated the sick and vacation leave that they offered. I like the employees discount they offered.

Great job opportunities with a excllent schedule flexibility

Walmart has great job opportunities with flexible scheduling for family's and students, as well as good management. When you are able to learn you job and be a viable part of a team, everyone on the team should share in the responsibility of working some of the holidays so no one team member should have to work every holiday.

Pros

learning new skills

Cons

Working every single holiday instead of working as a team environment

Lots to do and fun people to meet

I enjoyed working for Walmart there is always something to do, and the people that work their are fun and friendly. The customers can make the day challenging sometimes, but I always feel satisfied helping a customer. I think the hardest part of the job was standing for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers that needed assistance.

Pros

Enjoyed the store discounts

Cons

Health Benefits were bad

Strange

working at Walmart was fine. the breaks were spaces evenly, the coworkers were tolerable, the management was helpful.

Pros

Nights

Cons

Coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

51%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

37%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss