Walmart

Walmart Pay & Benefits reviews: Associate in Las Vegas, NV

Found 1 review matching the search with 20 reviews near your location.
Most unethical company I’ve ever worked for
They lie to you from day one - interview day - just to get you hired with zero intentions of retaining you to provide you the ability to advance rather but to use you in every way they can for their gain - as if they own you.

Corporate changes on the daily with no communication. Management | Supervisors (majority not all) do not communicate with anyone but argue with each other and lie to cover up their mistakes at anyone’s expense.

Corporate uses insane ever changing policies to ensure no one stays long enough to benefit from any benefits invested in. Their extremely high turn over appears to be intentional. Performance is not a factor - in anything.

PR marketing... opposite from reality regarding work culture.

Some managers really care and some associates are awesone. High school drama environment from top to bottom of the chain. Corporate Office and the Corporation itself - NO COMMENT - and most everyone agrees but no one does anything about it.

They’ll complain about customers complaining about waiting in line but cut hours and use department associates to fill in then complain when customers complain there are no associates in any departments and empty shelves. They want their cake and eat it too. Greed. Scheduling is insane.

They do not maintain ANYTHING. Roaches. Bedbugs. Mold. Leaks. Air conditioner always seems broken. Outdated everything.

Good people are killing themselves trying to survive but if they get sick, land in the hospital, have a baby, death in the family or any family emergency- gone. Corporate Point System designed for
 - more...
Pros
Associates, Customers
Cons
Benefits, Coroprate Policies, Cut hours, Ethics
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Related reviews
20 reviews near your selected location with similar search
Great learning experience
Walmart was a great learning experience, I learned how to stock, use cleaning machines, and how to do mods. Walmart has great benefits that helped me a lot
Promises Made, Promises Broken.
Pay at this Wal-Mart was $9 per hour. No one here in Northern VA can survive on $9 an hour unless they have external financial support.Worked full time hours but on part-time Pay. No benefits. Kept being promised by store and department manager that I would be promoted if I did whatever hours they wanted. I was offered a full time position with a DIFFERENT COMPANY so I resigned. The Assistant Store Manager promised me that he would promote me and do not leave. I stayed a further 2 weeks and submitted my resignation again. Thankfully my full time offer at a DIFFERENT COMPANY was still open.
They paid $9 per hour with no benefits in Dulles Town Center area. No one in Dulles VA which is part of Northern Virginia can exist on that amount of money.
Productive but not enough hours.
It was a fun place to work but not enough hours. I enjoyed stocking shelves and unloading/loading the tractor trailer with the merchandise.
Interacting with customers
I had a lot of fun meeting new people and hearing about their day. This was a good position for me because I am a people person. So I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Not well paid
Good place to work if you are single or a student. People with family and bills to pay find it hard to afford having just one job.
A good place to work
For a student, Walmart is not a bad place to work. As a student you need flexible scheduling and Walmart has positions available at all times of the day.
OK job
Every day you come in same routine clock in then you push carts till the garage is full and you keep it that way after your done keeping it full and staying it full your not allowed to catch a breath or get a drink they send you back outside in the hot or cold and clean the area, pick up trash, clean the garbage, etc while you still have to keep the garage full of carts.

What I learned from walmart is team work you help your co workers they help in return what i also learned is always be friendly when you be friendly to customers they always come back a happy customer.

The hardest part of my job was the weather it slow you down but you always find a way to ignore the conditions of the weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers they are always friendly to everyone and they treat you like family.
Pros
10% discounts on all items except lowered priced items
Cons
you have to come in on holidays
Too many chiefs and not enough indians as the saying goes. All bosses and too few workers. Sometimes they try to have you in 2 places at once.
OK for a part-time job. Pay could be better. Sometimes one manager wants me to go to the registers, and five minutes later another manager wants me to go to my department and clean it up. Very confusing at times.
Pros
Co-workers are nice.
Cons
Salary isn't all that it could be. Benefits are for full - timers mostly.
Typical day
Early start, last finish due to commute over 1 and a half hours away from home, wish it was closer definitely would've stayed
Responsible of the grocery , snacks and drinks part
Responsible of the grocery , snacks and drinks part by controlling the associate for under standing and doing the tasks in the time and providing high quality of customer service
Starting Job
Walmart was my first real working experience. I learned how to properly interact with customers while giving them quick service.
I worked at the cash register
I worked Monday-Friday. I didn't have a lot of experience working the cash register but I learned more about it and have more experience. I enjoyed working the cash register and got to meet a various amount of new people.
Pros
I brought my own lunch.
Cons
I took 30 minutes during my break.
My review
I love working with customers and satisfying their needs. This job put me in a position to associate myself with customers all day and I excelled.
Pros
Working with customers
Productive work space but more chanllenging.
I learned many things including how to interact with people from different backgrounds and nationalities. I was performing many tasks depending on circumstances; however, the job environment and crowdiness in certain days make the job very difficult to be accomplished.
Very friendly management
If you work overnight, they will pay you 1 dollar extra. However, it will create a lot of trouble if you are also a full-time student.
Satified Customers always
Enjoy the best part at working for Walmart was the Customers. Knowing everyday I could make a change in customer experience by shopping with us, was the best part.
Super fun place to work
Working for Walmart was very fun and hard at the same time
Because you have to work with a lot of different people everyday. But it was a very good experience.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Walmart
Management does not treat you well at Walmart. The training is also minimal for cashiers. Dealing with the poor management and customers day to day was horrendous.
Very well Managed
I came to Walmart as a new comer, they taught me everything I needed to know about my job and more. Mangers and employees were very helpful. If you ever needed any help with anything all parties were there to help.
Pros
Very organized place to work.
Cons
shift hours change alot
Slave work
The best way to describe this job is slave work. Cart pushers literally work in extremely cold and extremely hot weather, however the managers expect them not to take a lot of break even though it is necessary.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.
53.8K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.