Walmart

Found 478 reviews matching the searchSee all 226,749 reviews

Walmart insights

Based on 56,569 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Amazing place to work

It's a great supportive place to work if you work hard and keep a consistent work ethic as well as always be adamant about putting in the extra effort. There are some management who's always willing to help you out so that's a positive thing.

Pros

Good team members good pay good work environment despite a few folks here and there

Cons

Not everyone is a friend

More responsibility than managers depending on the department

Walmart was fine when I was just a dairy associate. I was under little to no supervision. Then I went to deli there was absolutely no direction. Since the managers don't pay attention, we have to pick up all the slack others leave behind. I hear this to be true in most departments. The managers are under trained and expect too much from you.

Pros

2 paid 15min breaks and an hour lunch. Pay is decent depending on what department

Cons

I heard the healthcare is decent and reporting problems to corporate is easy

Fast Paced Job that Goes by Fast, But Easily Taken Advantage of

Overall good place to work, but you do get taken advantage of. Good teamwork as long as you are working with an experience coworker. We got a lot of new people recently before I got fired. Don't go above and beyond, because they might not really notice especially indirect management. I always try not to overwork myself, but it's just a habit of mine. I really put in quality work and rarely took my breaks because I felt bad and I knew we would fall behind if I took my break. At the end of it all I was fired because I made a mistake and my points went over the attendance policy. I was their best worker, even when ill and with an old wrist injury, but my direct managers could not help me, due to previous issues that were not my fault (I was still held accountable) and the indirect manager did not care to consider that we were already short staffed and that I didn't really need to be fired. I believe I should have been coached instead. Coaches are rarely around because store manager is having them work at other departments. Team leads tend to be taken away every couple of months also, so the experienced ones get left to take care of the dept. sometimes. They expect a lot from a short staffed department and when we have staff; the store manager takes them to work at another department temporarily sometimes.

Pros

friendly coworkers, understanding direct management, fast paced job that went by fast

Cons

No breaks bc too busy, short staffed due to company budget and pandemic, indirect managers don't care about behind the scenes as much as they make it seem

Walmart

Many people make careers of out working at Walmart, but it just isnt for me. They provided equipment to do your work, but it never works. They do have really good insurance though.

Pros

Bonuses, good lunch breaks

Cons

Processes don't make sense and the equipment provided for the job never works

Not bad

Nice place to work with room for advanced if you work hard for it hours are flexible pay pretty good if you pick the right department z .. every jobs has it good and bad days.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

ok place to work

if you apply, only apply to the fresh departments. that’s where you will get the most pay. just a regular job. it will get you by in your time of need

Money

Not much to say just a regular retailer to work for can’t complain neither brag. Hours are ok they are flexible to work with and family oriented. They pay just went up so that’s a plus!

Loved it

My manager was my sister in law so it was always chill . But besides that everyone at Walmart was cool. Pay was definitely really good at my location in Clovis

Pros

1 hr lunch

Cons

Ask a lot of you

You will be asked to work without the proper resources to do the job

We do not have enough equipment for all departments but are still expected to get the job done. The store us filthy as they do not clean. All the coolers have sludge in them. They do not mop the bakery floor, except to spot mop. They do not address insubordination. Some people hide for hours leave and come back on the clock. Some leads outright yell at you and belittle you. I have never experienced so much dysfunction. Do not take a job at the Poulsbo Walmart if you want to do a good job as you will not be given what you need to be successful.

Pros

They pay better then most major retail chains.

Cons

Too mant too list. You will be lied too and you will not get prooerly trained.

The good is you get paid well. The bad is there is never any team work. At least in my area i am now.

Walmart wants what is best for their customers and sometimes their employees. In the past it seemed as though Walmart cared more. I hope I am wrong. Everything seems to be changing. And not to benefit the employees. I want to hold on and see if things get better.

Pros

Paid well. Some nice co workers

Cons

There is no help. Team work is not important in some areas.

Jobs at Walmart

Baker positions
See more jobs

Flexibility

Management is terrible. No matter how many times u contact hr they will tell you they’re working to resolve it but in reality they’re not and will close the case without truly investigating.

Pros

Hr lunches, discount

Cons

Do not care about burning employees out.

Upper management was highly unskilled. Most didn’t know how to help if you had questions. Denied vacation time off. Was scheduled two times I couldn’t work and notified all managers from my manager all the way to my store manager 3 weeks before those days and was told that they would fix it. Those days never got fixed so I got points. Then was told that I had to change my availability or I would lose hours was working between 30-34 at the time every week. Then my hours went to 0-25. Out of all the time there 99% I was in the freezer/ stocking. I got maybe 3 hours in the deli and never did anything in the bakery. Never gave weekends off.

Pros

They worked with my schedule most of the time. Other employees.

Cons

Denied most vacation days, Work every weekend but one(and only because I was scheduled 0 hour that week), management

Not a good place to work they don't listen and won't work with you

Not a good place to work, I was there for almost 5 years and I took the leave for covid because of not having a sitter and told them I could come back in August and they have just been giving me the run around

Pros

Work with friends

Cons

They won't work with you if your out sick and have a doctor's note they dont care

stressful

the pay was good. i would say it was a decent first job to have. scheduling was a bit of a mess at times. typical day would be to be in the bakery and stock, prepare, bake and package, or be on the deli slicers.

Pros

lunch and breaks, good pay

I get Walmart a half a star

Job security and advancementThere is no job security at WalmartManagementAt Walmart it's about who you know not what you know if you're in good with management you can be the laziest person there and still pull upCultureFor me it just wasn't a good place to workOverallWalmart could be a very good place to work if it wasn't for management in the store that I was in management was not mindful of its employees we were treated poorly everybody that helped build that store they got rid of for one reason or another they would even bring people in to get rid of you so it just wasn't a very good experience

Walmart was my first job it was a great place to work, very fast paced, never a dull moment. I worked with great people and management. The customers in my area were laid back and friendly.

Pros

Long lunch

Cons

Heavy workload

They.make you feel.like you are.constantly under surveillance

A dark hole you do not want to work for.This is 1984. They have everyone under surveillanceYou will feel like trust is something they do not believe in. Managers and supervisors are jerks

Pros

Cons

A hole.

Stressful

It can be stressful in certain departments. I have a great manager but in the department I work in, deli/bakery we are short handed on workers and they don’t provide enough workers to get the work done. They make 2-3 workers do the work of 5 workers and expect everything to still get done on time. Other than that it’s a great work environment.

great teamwork

I loved it great staff. I want to open a store like walmart one day, it was a great experience. I missed my coworker. I will do it all over again! wonderful

They retake the time to get to know you .

They really get to take the time to know you . They what to know what interests you and what you like for they can put you in a position you like . Other then that it is easy and they will except anyone.

Could have been better

Could have been better if I actually follow through keeping their word. when leaving hours and someone quits early leaves those hours are no longer available to take for some reason very confusing

Pros

Pays decent

Cons

Management needs work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

58.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.
Powered byComparably

Compare Walmart with

Career recommendations for Baker

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Walmart