Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 19,156 reviews matching the search See all 166,818 reviews
walmart is a fast, clean and friendly company with great sale prices throughout the year asuring great customer service to everyone in the community.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEFebruary 22, 2019
A typical day at Walmart consist of great cff (clean, fast and friendly) environment. Assuring that our customers receive great service from the moment they walk in the store and also as they leave the store. We make sure that our customer are satisfied with their service in every way possible.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNFebruary 22, 2019
I only technically worked there for a few months as I was pregnant with my son and had physical problems but they made it to where I was still employed and I could go back when ever I wanted to they didn't terminate my job until a month after my son was born
Good work place just not enough pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 22, 2019
Walmart is a good company to work for, but their pay is inadequate for the other retail stores around. Management is usually very helpful, and associates as well but there are bad just like there would be anywhere
busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 22, 2019
busy always and short staff mangagment can sometimes be over the top... hardest part is understanding its not enough hours in the day to do all that is required
Pros
bonus
Cons
sick days not approved
Excellant Benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chester, SCFebruary 22, 2019
Long days on your feet for low pay, but they do offer great benefits after a year of employment. If you love to meet new people, this is the place for you. There is always lots of interesting people to meet on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits and an hour lunch
Cons
Always on your feet
Should be called "Lazymart"
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, PAFebruary 22, 2019
Supervisors and assistant managers are always trying to pass the buck to someone else. No one wants to answer calls for help. Open door policy is a joke. Either the manager defends his unprofessional assistant mgrs or tells them what you said and lets them turn up the heat on you. Your schedule depends on how good you are at brown nosing the assistant manager who is rotating through your department. If you party with your superiors, your job and schedule are safe. Otherwise, look out.
Pros
Pays better than the average unskilled job
Cons
Unprofessional, unfair, lazy management
Unethical and incompetent management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 21, 2019
Being a cashier was very enjoyable and the responsibilities were fair. However, associates were never informed of policy changes after they started employment. Managers would frequently promise or guarantee something, only to have another manager deny it. Managers would also engage in ethically questionable practices such as dating immediate subordinates or giving away merchandise or credit with minimal to no proof of purchase.
Pros
Long breaks, easy access to food, simple work, clean conditions
Cons
Incompetent managers, inconsistent policy changes
Not terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 21, 2019
This was a decent job. Schedules got changed a few times without notice. Understaffed. Employees are expected to be perfect, and are not given very good training. CBLs were the worst. COworkers and nice customers made it worth while.
Pros
10% employee discount on some items
Cons
understaffed=over stressed staff and grumpy customers
Easy Job but fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Being a cashier was not a difficult job, but it wasn't something I wanted to do for too long. Being in Walmart, there were a ton of customers, so the job was very busy and fast-paced
Very poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 21, 2019
I like working here but it has very poor management. I don't have to have a radio to her management yell at customer service managers to basically do everything. They barely page maintenance to sweep the store I see cashier's sweep the store and some get sent outside to push in carts when they don't have a cart pusher. I see cashier's having to do others jobs when others can't do it. It seems very unfair for cashier's and customer service managers! Co-workers are very friendly the only thing driving me away from this job is management!
Use to be fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYFebruary 21, 2019
I loved my job. Sadly with the constant changes In management and policies I could no longer feel comfortable In my job role. It was time for a change of my own as my job was consuming my life.
Pros
Co workers/customers
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 21, 2019
I very much enjoyed my time here. You don't get many times you can call in though and that is why I was let go. Some of the higher management it unfair.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
not many call ins.
walmart
Cashier/Pick Up Today Associate/Site2Store (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 21, 2019
walmart is a very great company if only under a great management team. you can grow at walmart with experience and skills but the management there dont see your potential unless favored
Great place of work!
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2019
Always smiles, be friendly, an work fast. I work in the customer service department doing money orders cashing checks also at the customer service desk where I refund item customers no longer have value in.
It's walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 21, 2019
dealing with upset customers on a daily basis, with the occasional junkie or shoplifter.
And customers getting upset over prices you can't control.
It's a good job though, I enjoyed working with my coworkers, as long as you keep your private life private there's no issues.
Family Friendly and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 21, 2019
It was stressful at times, but it was a pretty good place to work. I did go through alot of training and felt I was prepared when I went on the floor.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Their point system
ok
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAFebruary 21, 2019
it was nice working with this company. was able to meet a lot and different people. customers are very nice and some aren't
work at your convenient, no complaints.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I loved working for this company. I would work for.them.again . Friendly, fair, just ovdr great place to.be. and whenever i had questions they were always answered
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 20, 2019
staff and management were great. I learned many things. Such as responsibility, and balancing my work life with my social life. Very fast paced, but never to the point of wanting to quit.
I liked Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Walmart was a cool place to work meeting new people everyday had good fun co workers and the pay was good if you had good enough hours to work and that’s pretty much it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

545K

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

46%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss