Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier

111.3K
Found 17,132 reviews matching the search See all 146,677 reviews
Neighborhood Market: Understaffed
Cashier (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
Always understaffed, never enough registers open. Literally one time everyone went to the break room to celebrate a birthday or something while I was the only register open. They also didnt schedule me within my availability
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, Thats it
Cons
Understaffed
They have no idea what anxiety is apparently
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYJuly 20, 2018
I have had many issues with people there that had no consideration for people who have anxiety or depression and tend to treat you like trash for having these issues.
Cons
Not very good with people that have anxiety issues, unfair to people with anxiety, not understanding, demoralizing people when confronting them
Good Place to work, pay rate is better than any job I ever got paid in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 20, 2018
Best paying job that allows employees to work full time, no department is easy to work in but do your part and everything works out. Fast growing job that you are able to get promoted quickly in, great staff and helpful managers to help you along the way, person must be a fast learner since work place doesn't take their time training their associates but I believe the jobs are doable for almost everyone who apply. I started off as Cashier worked my way up to Customer Service and went to Cap 2.
Pros
High paying job, fast promotions, great managers
Cons
training is short mainly done on computers
Productive and competive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33196July 20, 2018
Its nice company to work is not benefict right now have a great pays but is not easy to hire person they have polocy no race they did some a I person I get any person a need oportunity to work more if have experience if that only me they happen to another person they have more experience like me is not just
Good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2018
I liked working for Walmart, however they weren't too happy about me wanting to change the hours I worked because I wanted to start college. I had to find a new job and take a pay cut because my manager wouldn't work with the new hours I could work.
Pros
hour lunch break
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 19, 2018
I loved the time at Walmart. They accept you as family and show you that you are part of the family. Really understanding and very nice. The managers are nice.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
nothing
great associates, management needs work, corporate needs to come to earth.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MedfJuly 19, 2018
I loved working for Walmart at first and told my zone manager I wanted to be a CSM, but nobody would train me and no matter how hi I went nothing happened. I heard Walmart was about the opportunity but I didn't experience that at all. Pushing credit cards and programs customers don't want to be heckled about isn't right either. So many customers told me they were glad that I didn't ask them about credit cards, because they don't want them or have other ones that do way more for them. Plus it's rude to heckle people about the same stuff day in and day out. I think Corporate needs to visit on the store level as well because some of the new programs that came out weren't helpful and more ridiculous and made our jobs harder, and the customers more aggravated. Hourly associates don't think corporate understands them and honestly, it felt like all they cared about was profit, with no regard for the associates. I think saving money makes it possible to live better like Sam Walton wanted and I love shopping at Walmart because its cheaper for the most part but working there wasn't that great.
Pros
hour lunches, accrued time for paid time off, safety bbq, ice cream and pizza rewards.
Cons
forced credit card sales, selective promotions
Good
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJuly 19, 2018
WalMart has great prices and a huge selection. They are open 24 hours and have a great discount program. With savings catcher and WalMart grocery there's no need to go elsewhere.
Fast paced and friendly
Cashier / Self Check Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 19, 2018
As someone who is very outgoing and optimistic, working so closely with the public was never an issue. However, let it be known that it is not uncommon to run into a customer who is stressed or having a hard day. It's important to be able to build a connection quickly and have a desire to make every person leave the store a little happier. This job is definitely meant for a specific type of person.
Pros
youthful, good environment, and opportunities to connect
Cons
Face paced, stressful at times, and standing for several hours
Fun comfortable stable work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin ohioJuly 19, 2018
I was very comfortable in this job i never wanted to leave only reason i did was because the car broke down and the area it was in had no bus line, other than that i wouldve stayed for as long as they would have me
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, friendly environment
Cons
Senatobia walmart is horrible to staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJuly 19, 2018
My husband at the time lost feeling in his legs suddenly, when I told a member of management I had to leave and didn't know when I would be back I was told he would take care of it but my "exit interview" which I wasn't even there for states I was 3 days no call no show and had quit. They will not even try to provide a semi-regular schedule, I once worked for 10 days straight with no days off alternating between early mornings and late nights and because of how the pay period fell I didn't get over part time and they were still covered by me having 4 days in a pay period. A manager refused to let me and another cashier switch shifts so she could be with her kids during their Christmas event. All and all not a good place to work.
I was young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 19, 2018
This happens to be my first job. I was in the middle of school activities and told them that when I was first hired on. They tried to fire me after the first 9 months because of my co-curricular activities. Had to open door the manager. Ended up leaving for senior year.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Communication
Nice place to work overall
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 19, 2018
I would work there again if needed. The management team could have been better but over all it was a good job at the time. I just had to relocate at the time.
Excelllent place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 19, 2018
My typical work day is busy. I provide service for customers that are looking for particular items as well when they are checking out with their merchandise. I have a great management team and co-workers. My day become hard when employees call off from work and I try to service the customer in a timely manner. My most important and joyful day is when the customer is happy with our service.
Productive and challenging.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OK 73065July 19, 2018
Working with retail you expect to deal with the public on many levels. Work is "what you make it". I enjoyed my work. You have to enjoy working/serving the public.
Pros
People willing to help as a team.
Cons
I felt uncomfortable asking customers to participate in "extra" promotions the store offers, especially with repeat/daily customers.
Busy store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 19, 2018
Fast paced busy store in the college town of Laramie, WY. High turn over rate due to kids finishing college and moving off. Flexible shifts available.
Friendly loving environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 19, 2018
Walmart is a great place to work, I love make others smile and walmart was the job for me. You meet new people and the work is laid back and break lengths are incredible
Easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 19, 2018
Very easy job and decent pay but horrible company to work for (at least for my location). Managers would never let me move up and advance in the company, extremely unprofessional, co workers and staff are rude and so are the customers that came through. Only reason why I stayed was for the pay. Decent benefits though, long hours, usually would have to stay longer then I would be scheduled.
Pros
Decent break times, hours, pay
Cons
Staff, management, overall experience
Kind of stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Working in Walmart is kind of of stressful, at least at the front as a cashier because you have to make sure that all costumers leave the store happy.
Customer Service Skills Advanced
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 18, 2018
You have to be prepared to handle all customer needs. I am service desk trained which means there are many more responsibilities with money services. It is important to be on time for all tasks.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss