Walmart Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 10,782 reviews matching the search See all 142,709 reviews
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2018
well I really enjoyed my time over at Walmart it was probably one of the coolest jobs I had , customers was so nice and we treated them with well respect
Low Paying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJune 16, 2018
An ok job to have for a person in school who need flexible hours, its low paying but can be fun, sometimes hectic but overall its a job and better than no job.
No type of team work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2018
I do not learn anything besides what I self teach myself Management treats there staff bad. I am a single parent with no family and they do not care that I have to find a sitter for my son they tell me my job is on the line every time I have to miss work for my child I am looking for a job that works around my child and school. My store manager is the only one that helps me keep my job
positive attitudes, very friendly & hardworking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 16, 2018
Walmart has a very postive work vibe. Employees have very positive attitudes and are always happy to help. Customers always have positive things to say.
Manger leadership is good at walmart
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2018
The best thing about walmart is the managment leadership, and the bonus pool that is offered on a quarterly basis. I worked for a couple of different stores, and the management; all of them are 5 star in the leadership department, which I have not found anywhere else.
Pros
management team, and focus
Cons
daily meetings / huddle gets tedious doing every day
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 15, 2018
Walmart offered a variety of skill training. There was always something to do. The work shifts went by very quickly because I was consistently given work and challenges to complete prior to the end of my shift.
Pros
Training and ability to increase pay
Cons
I loved working there but some of the workers there acted as if I was something less than them because i wasn’t a manager and they were
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2018
I lived working at Walmart I mostly liked the managers but some were so uptight about there job. They would act as if the other employees were less than them because they had a higher position. But i would recommend working at Walmart they do help you a lot.
Pretty good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIJune 15, 2018
Pretty good. Solid people. Good work environment
I enjoyed my time with the company. My managers were very friendly and very professional. Training was excellent
Job that keeps you on your toes but is enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJune 15, 2018
Upon clocking in, you were expected to go immediately to work. Most recently, that put me at the fitting rooms or on the sales floor. Either way, I would go to the Customer Service and get all go-backs for apparel and take them to the Fitting Rooms. I'd then help sort them out by department (men's, boy's and girl's, etc) then go to my assigned apartment (if not assigned to the fitting rooms).

In my apartment or at the fitting rooms, I would continue working with the go-back, help customers and keep the area clean. At the fitting rooms, I'd also let customers in and out of the rooms, answer the store phone, direct calls according the phone line, and direct calls over the P.A. system per management on the walkie-talkies.

The hardest part of the job was staying on my toes when things got a bit hectic. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others, whether it be customers or fellow associates.
Pros
Occasional pot luck dinners to help others, occasional free snacks from management to say thanks for work, and just acknowledgement from management for good work.
Cons
Certain managers not realizing why you're having to work harder
Diverse Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2018
Working here was a enjoyable experience. There was a lot to learn. Management was helpful and friendly. Each day I was able to learn a bit more in a different department.
Good people to work wth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 15, 2018
You interact with customers through out the day. Keep department full with product with freight out back and new freight. I learned to work with both other employees as well as customers. I learned to be aware of the customer needs for the products and accessories. The management was helpful in different aspect, like assisting with customers with issues. The hardest part of the job was to not get upset with the customers. I think the most enjoyable part were the employees you worked with.
Pros
employee discount, fun atmosphere
Cons
disgruntle customers
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX 76801June 15, 2018
great company to work for, family oriented, fast paced working environment.
Above leaders and associates great to work with.
Guest interaction was fulfilling
Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 14, 2018
I worked in the clothing department, which other than electronics, I believe is one of the hardest to work in. The days went by pretty fast if one stays busy and is constantly working.
Management was horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23513June 14, 2018
I did my 100% best til the end of my shift.. I have management qualities and was overlooked for positions I interviewed for. I feel like when I spoke up my opinion was pushed to the side
Working at walmart
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 14, 2018
It was easy all i had to do was show up and listen and do my job. Sometime i needed help and i asked. Nothing difficult about working at walmart as a stocker.
Pros
free food, breaks
Cons
the pays
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 14, 2018
If it is a good place to work varies from store to store depends on management.
Good benefits and stock options and 401k.
But hourly pay want to $11.00 in 2018 from $9.25 but older employee who been there 7+ years who started at $7.25-8.25 got screwed because they didn't get a
cost of living raise. 2016 they changed raise from .30-.50¢ per year based on your job performance. Where it took them years to make $11. Now to have kids off the street with no experience make as much as they do who don't care or try to work. Those associates didn't get any pay compensation only a one time $300+ payout that does not compensate the different of years and experience. now you get a 2%, raise a year it doesn't matter years, skills or level of experience, job ethics or even if you don't show up to work.
Only way to make money is management but it isn't worth the drama.
Love this place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 13, 2018
Walmart is a great company to work for. They are flexible and very helpful with outside things. They care about your personal life as much as they do your work life.
Fun coworkers, bad environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1150 Harter Pkway Yuba City 95993June 13, 2018
Walmart's management worked strenuously to meet company standards, often stretching thin their employees to do so. Coworkers shared many jokes and smiles, but would gossip and/or slack off and blame other workers.
Pros
Generous break and lunch times, ample opportunity to learn skills
Cons
Poor management, stressful conditions
A Much Better Place to Work When you are NOT A Mgr.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 13, 2018
As a regular associate, Walmart is not a bad place to work for. Any position higher than that and you are held to a hardly achievable standard and expected to do the work of multiple people on a daily basis while still taking care of your own responsibilities.
Walmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Working at Walmart was one experienced that I learned to understand and get used to the working there. I was surprised as to how many managers were bad at their job. I then later understood that is a cooperate thing. I finally left Walmart because the manager there wrote me up for something that I wasn't supposed to be written up for because I was apart of policy. I notified her manager about it and she then got written up for writing me up for something I should have never had to be deal with in the first place.
Pros
You can work and get paid.
Cons
There is a poor culture at Walmart as I know it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

538.8K

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight