Walmart Employee Review

Great place to work with when you have great people to work with.
Department Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 30, 2013
My job is to try to keep my areas looking great which include stocking no empty homes.
ordering the right amount of product not to much not to less.
keep up with all new price changes and new features to display.

even though ive had experienced in retail i did learn how to priorites
and that a job like this is no cake walk but i do love the challenge

Management is there to help out and they do. ive learned quite a bit

my coworkers are great i cant think of one i wouldnt want to work with

harderst part of the job is trying to accomplish everything and still help my coworkers on their needs.

the feeling of accomplishing task and jobs that require to be done that same day
Pros
experience
Cons
the pay

Other Walmart Employee Reviews

Stressful with poor store manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 21, 2018
Working here was great at first and I learned a lot. We got a new store manager who ruined everything. She ruined the relationship we had with the community and creates drama when there is no drama going on. She lies constantly and throws the assistant managers under the bus all the time. The assistant managers try to help the associates as much as possible but is met with difficulty when the store manager gets involved. Nothing is ever good enough for her and she expects us to always be there. She gets her vacation but when the assistants try to put in for vacation she denies it. It’s a toxic environment.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Too much to list
It's a terrible place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 21, 2018
This one specific Walmart is horrible. The management only cares about what corporate thinks of them & what the immediate higher ups inside the store say. A fellow coworker who has worked for the Walmart corporation for 17 years has described this specific store as one of the worst. Getting anyone to do anything that isn't the bare minimum is like pulling teeth, including the managers. They do not manage the employees schedules well, frequently their will be too many people one day and barely 12 people in the entire store the next.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

537.3K

2.4

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight