Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 160,553 reviews matching the search See all 184,805 reviews
Most co-workers were great, management not so much.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INAugust 23, 2019
Good job as a first job or as a supplemental income. Don't go to management with any problems because it doesn't get addressed. Bad workers get promoted, good workers get dismissed or let go.
It's an ok place.
Overnight Stocker/Cap 1 (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 23, 2019
Some of the managers were rude to the employees and treated them badly.
If you need off they will point you no matter the reason.
They didn't claim stuff out that they should have.
Good employees other than management.
Pros
Different from day to day.
Cons
Some of management.
Walmart
Secondary cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2019
They will work you. I got promoted within 2 months of me working there. I got blech in my eyes. I didnt get any days off. Still had to work but they did pay for my doctor and medicine. The managedidnt honor my availability so i had to quit. They were very inconsiderate of my time i needed to work.
Online Grocery Pickup
Online Grocery Pickup (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 23, 2019
I loved going out giving customers there groceries with a smile on my face. I always got good surveys about me. We work as a team at Walmart someone was always there to help.
An challenging place to work
Fresh academy trainer (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVAugust 23, 2019
An ever changing environment that takes a lot of patience and time management skills to work for this company. I have work at wall mart for 7 years now and it has been an interesting experience.
Productive and Fast Enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 23, 2019
It is very busy, be prepared to use problem solving, treat your customers with respect, and always be aware. Black Friday is actually fun to work but it is very hectic.
Pros
You'll get discounts during the holiday
Cons
You'll get sent on your breaks late
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Dilworth, MN 56529August 23, 2019
I'd get to work, clock in, get my vest on, find the CSM and ask which register they wanted me to work at. I'd go to that register and get all my stuff situated. Made sure everything was neat and clean.
Its a nice family oreinted place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 23, 2019
If I got hired back I would do things differently and be proud and prompted to work everyday and its a great place to work the benefits are good it's a friendly place to work and the hours could be better
Not a bad place
Fresh Cap 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAAugust 23, 2019
This place of work was fun to be at, the people are nice and the job isn’t that hard to do and the pay is decent for what you do there. The only reason why I left was because I found a better paying job
It was good I want another job here.
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2019
It was fast pace but I liked it , pay was good, I got along with everyone, the management was great , only problem I had was that I had severely hurt my self outside of work and they didn’t let me take time off nor let me secure my job , do they just let me go.
This company sucks
Stocker Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2019
Been in every position with Walmart. This company sucks. people who shop, or work there study you like your some kind of wild animal. If your lazy on day 1 welcome home. If you work hard be ready to be talked to any kind of way and fired if your back hurts while they allow affirmative action employees judge you.
Not the best of places to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXAugust 23, 2019
When new hires start out making more than you and you are suppose to be a pay grade higher than they are you dont feel very much appreciated. All Walmart cares about is making money they dont care about family, employee health or treating employees fairly. I felt 100% better after leaving Walmart!
Just okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 23, 2019
Fast paced environment and pleasant people, would have stayed but I hate working all weekends and getting only weekdays off, you have to stay at least 90 days to qualify for any benefit
Pros
Adequate breaks and lunch
Cons
Work all weekends
It's a extremely job that has done on time
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2019
It's a job where everything has to be done by the end off your shift and when unloading the truck at the being of the shift they give you two hours to have the truck done and if not you will have to take your lunch break late management is really serious about getting the trucks done on time so that the products can go out for customer
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 23, 2019
It's a good company to work great pay and great hours. Loved my time there good atmosphere and most importantly great co worker and bosses. Great breaks and lunch breaks. Friendly customer's
They are the same.
Meat produce (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDAugust 23, 2019
It's the same as working for McDonalds, if your 16, sure, why not? If you plan on working there to pay rent for a couple of months while looking for a real job, go for it.
Easy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCAugust 23, 2019
I would work at Wal-Mart again. I loved it. Loved the environment and my managers. The interview was easy and the training was fun. Everyone is just so nice and very helpful. They dont discriminate. My co-workers were nice and made sure I got good training an that i knew what i was doing. They offered help anytime I needed it.
Mediocre management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 23, 2019
The management team at Walmart had a variety of managers in their stores and with so many managers comes a lot of different tasks from different managers it gets tiring and annoying when you get pulled from your area to help another area because management cannot make the proper staffing schedule to fill their needs
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 23, 2019
I felt the pay was less than what the job was If you work and are having to cover more than one department it should be compensated
The fellow workers should be able to cover for you instead of leaving you with it all Teamwork is a big part of working together
Fun Workplace with fellow employees
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2019
For some reason there is a bit of drama that goes around in the deli area of Walmart. The energy is usually good, it gets better towards the evening when everyone is more awake. Management definitely needs work and the hours have been very limited. Hardest part of the job so far for me has been getting my schedule correct. They are willing to work with you on building around personal events or schooling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

549.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walmart.

Powered by Comparably