Walser Automotive Group Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Pretty swell place to work.
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 13, 2018
I left this job because selling insurance just wasn't for me. The management team there was pretty fantastic. Otherwise I have nothing bad to say about them.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Some later nights at the dealership.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 27, 2018
Management is great. Lots of free snacks. Free lunch on Saturdays. Great practice working with customers and cooperating with coworkers. You learn a lot about the automotive industry.
Pros
Good experience, coworkers are nice!
Cons
Hectic workplace, perpetually understaffed
Okay
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 3, 2018
Employees are very hard to work with. The business is not run very professionally and a lot of things are taken personally. Did not feel the compensation was appropriate for the amount of work duties assigned.
Fun and challenging
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 30, 2018
It is a friendly environment. The training is on the job for the most part depending on your store. The staff is very helpful in assisting in training. The employee commaradare is great.
Overall a good place to learn about "Fixed Price Selling".
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2018
Worked there for over four years, and in that time, changed positions with the company 3 times. In my opinion they are progressive to a fault. To explain, the selling model was solid, in theory, but not always in practice. In an attempt to make the selling process more customer friendly, process changes were way to frequent, and most times unsettling. In the time I was there, the company's revenue was strong, though there was never a company match on the 401K Plan. In the event you are able to climb the ladder to a higher Management level, the odds of you remaining there are slim to none. There was an extreme amount of pressure put on all the employees to perform at unrealistic levels.
Awful dealership group
Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 17, 2018
After going from a small town dealership for 20 years thought I would try the big city!
What a joke this company is, it all starts at orientation with 40 other people which are held weekly I’ll presume. Someone about 2 years out of high school will give the company pep-talk.
Then your dispatched to your dealership to work. You show up and quickly realize it’s like working at a high school with cliques. It’s like high drama all day, just help the customer, it’s pretty simple. There core values are a joke, there easy to follow in a corporate office setting. But the first guest that complains about there vehicle that was serviced is basically told to pound sand.
I did notice they Employ a lot of millennials in sales, which would last about a month. They don’t pay sales people commission I’m told which explains why there all so long. In service it’s even worse, about 2 out of 15 advisors who even know what an alternator is.
Walser also owns SIXT car rental, so there is no thing as a loaner, everyone pays. Get a bad
survey and guess what? Customer complained about getting there 90000 suv getting warranty work and having to pay for a rental.
I may sound bitter but I’m not, ive been at the largest dealership in Minnesota ever since and love it, all about the customer and good money and much better culture.
Pros
Good luck
Cons
Management, processes
Thank you Walser for going above and beyond for customers and each individual employee.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 25, 2018
I would and have recommended others to work with Walser Automotive. The day to day is never boring, the staff and management is professional, friendly, and all willing to define the true meaning of teamwork. It's an upbeat workplace as there is always a need and demand in any department.
Horrible company to work for
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Highly unlikely I would ever recommend working for this company. Constantly lied to me, and refused to advance my position despite doing everything asked of me.
Cool place with nice cars
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 21, 2017
Hardest part of the job was you have to hit numbers so you can get paid well. I learned a lot from working there. The workplace culture is pretty much friendly but if you work up front a lot of eyes are on you and they love to get into your business.
Pros
3 Breaks
Terrible managemnet
N/A (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 14, 2017
Walser automotive has terrible management. The management does not supervise their employees at all and also it is a big high school all over again but worse.
Great place, Great company
PARTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 13, 2017
Was a perfect place to work, great location. Great fellow employees, like working with friends. Company would provided any tool and resource needed to get the jobs done.
Very competitive wages with a good work/life balance.
Final product inspector/Dealership administration (Current Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNNovember 5, 2017
The right person for Walser brings experience, honesty and a willingness to learn the Walser way of working for a dealership. I work in a service center with multiple departments. As far as selling cars I wouldn't be qualified to review that aspect of the company. The main reason I love my job is the awesome people I work with along with the pay, benefits, and the shift is Monday-Friday. They match a certain amount of your 401k contributions (the amount depending on your title and tenure). Also, the longer you stay employed will increase the PTO you accrue per week. There are entry level jobs where you can make up to 18$ per hour.
Pros
Free lunches on Monday and they cater in once a month.
Cons
When it gets busy there is mandatory overtime which burns some employees out.
Always work together
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2017
For the most part, the team at Walser always worked together to obtain a goal. no matter if you worked at a dealership or corporate office, the goals were everyone responsibility.
Scrambling Management
Assistant Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 6, 2017
The transition in upper level management, left the frontline team scrambling to adjust. The multiple changes in pay structure, and unwillingness to pay what was owed when earned.
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2017
Walser is the worst company to work for in Minnesota. They do not care about the employees, offer terrible benefits, poor management who only care that you are wearing the proper UGLY Walser shirt.

They do not care about customer service, they rip customers off, lie to make a sale. They pay the employees low wages, including sales people. Do not work there and do not take your car there for service.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Terrible leadership
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 25, 2017
Don't work here if you want to work at a company long term. The employees are not valued, and their "CORE" values are a crock that they don't even follow.
Pros
location
Cons
terrible leadership, starting with the accounting manager on up
Unstable spot for technicians.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2017
We were bought out by walser, all given raises. Work died off, we were very slow. Then one day about 39 employees were all let go without warning. High turnover rate once walser came in, and now nobody enjoys working there. Pay plans changed in a heartbeat without any given notice
Pros
The schedule
Cons
Pay, jo security, management
You work in sales
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 22, 2017
Just like any other sales job, you have a lot of demands to produce results if you want to stay aboard the ship. This can scare most people because it is pressure on your back to keep your job. However, this is a dealership and you should come in knowing that only those who sell can stay.
Pros
Good training and good motivational tactics
Cons
You're replaceable if you don't get the numbers
Nice Company
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 10, 2017
I was able to really expand on my skills working for this company. I also liked how they ordere food for the employees. And there some great staff who worked there as well.
easy going
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2017
clean cars to company standards, learned how to detail cars correctly , management was cool , work is fine, i felt is was just boring , hardest part of the job is trying to work fast, to earn extra pay, most enjoyable was the freedom of work environment
Pros
company lunches, cool manager, good coworkers
Cons
boring doing the same things over and over