Walsh College Employee Reviews

Professor
Professor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 23, 2019
Enjoyed teaching and the classroom set up was modernized. The facility was nice and the satellite campuses were nice as well. Not much chance for job opportunities or advancement.
Pros
Nice culture
Cons
No room for advancement
Walsh Proctor
Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIAugust 14, 2019
I have had a wonderful experience proctoring for Walsh College. I work on-call varied days and different times. The staff is wonderful and the students are great. They're very clear with their directions and expectations. I have never had any problems working for them. I enjoy working at Walsh College..
Helping students seek thei goals
Accounting Lab Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 18, 2019
Walsh College helps students seek their goals by improving their critical thinking skills, communications skills, and technical skills. I have been a student, alum, and staff at Walsh for the past two years. Walsh believes that every student can succeed. I am proof of that.
I never worked here, went to school here
Student (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioNovember 6, 2018
I went to school for RN ADN. never worked there. Left after I graduated. Was a good school and good hours for classes to allow me to work around work, school and children.
Pros
loved going to school there
Cons
a good company to work for.
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 8, 2018
I liked to work there. The team and co-workers were very helpful, but the job opportunity was only temporarily. So I would like to have a similar job opportunity, if I can. I gained experience in the marketing field, and dealing with the students. I also learnt how to overcome on my weaknesses through getting more training and practice in the job.
Pros
Opportunities for improving.
Cons
Doesn't have so many internal jobs.
Over qualified
Testing Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 12, 2018
Part-time hours not sufficient. Tasks were not challenging. Sitting alone, not much contact with outside staff or public, tasks were complete quickly, with nothing else left to do for the rest of the shift.
skill can be though but not the attitude
Finance Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 19, 2018
• Provide technical support to students, faculty, and staff ensuring timely resolution of trouble tickets at IT help-desk.
• Maintain current knowledge of Bloomberg terminals, give presentations, and provide assistance to students at Finance lab.
Pros
Part-time job
Cons
Getting learn more
Walsh College Review
Accounts Receivable Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work, fun environment and management was very helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure their employees got what they needed. I liked working at Walsh because it was a college environment and I am a student. I was a supervisor there so I ran my own business unit. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Free medical insurance and dental, employees were very friendly and work/life balance.
Cons
Salary was low for a supervisor, full time was 37.5 hours a week and there was not much room for growth.
A great place to work with people that feel the same way
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 26, 2017
I worked in the Admissions Department and I loved it. From the management of my department to the students. It truly felt like family there. Our department was sometimes overlooked and not appreciated by the President and Officers at the college, but I know the students that we helped appreciated all of our hard work and dedication.
Pros
Life/work balance was excellent. Compensation was good.
Cons
Suggestions to upper management was ignored
Awesome experience to kickstart career
Marketing & Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 31, 2017
Worked in the marketing department as an intern. It was an incredible experience that helped shape me as a professional and kickstart my career as a digital marketer.
Growth Potential
Financial Lab (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 27, 2017
Very nice place to work, especially in the Business Solutions Lab. The professors help students really feel welcomed. The career services staff are not positive when it comes to job searching, especially with International students who need it most.
Good Place to work at
IT Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2017
I have learned a lot whole working at IT Help desk. The job helped me in tackling user problems related with IT. Also the job helped me in improving my communication skills.
Pros
Good working cultures.
Cons
Low paying
The online department at Walsh is second to none with its leadership and ability to provide quality courses for our students.
Coordinator for Online Learning Operations (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 21, 2016
The online department has a great leader who is great at personal development and providing a great work environment.

The college offers a great benefit package.
Fun
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, a lot of people, awesome dining area with a lot of food. If you dont drive a GM car, you have to park farther than everyone else.
Pros
Cons
over 1000 people where no one will remember who you are
productive
IT Support and TechLink (Current Employee) –  Michiana, MIMarch 8, 2016
I like this position as ill get a change to interact with different people. Its very challenging to fix the problems in different versions of laptops where i learn a lot.
Pros
flexible working hours
Team oriented and fullfiling workplace
Multimedia Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MichiganFebruary 10, 2016
I have really enjoyed my employment with Walsh. I am able to work with such a talented, dedicated, and friendly team.

Working with the instructional design team to produce quality course material, I learned how to code HTML files as well as how to produce voice over PowerPoint in a creative and professional manner using many different types of software, i.e. Edit Plus, Audacity, and Microsoft PowerPoint .

The most difficult part of my job is also the most enjoyable part of my job. I am able to work from home which means I need to be dedicated, disciplined and very good at communicating.
Productive and fun environment
Videographer/Photographer Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 27, 2015
The internship at Walsh College has had a major impact on developing my skills as a filmmaker and photographer professionally.
Overall good experience, but stressful environment
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 28, 2015
Working with the Board of Trustees was very enjoyable. I learned a lot about higher education. My coworkers were often pressed to perform beyond their skill levels, but always came through. The hardest part of the job was trying to please management when they themselves did not know what they wanted. The most enjoyable part was helping the students and trustees.
Pros
Two week break at Christmas holiday
Cons
Compensation
Dynamic and fun workplace!
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MichiganApril 7, 2015
A day would mostly be about helping students and faculty with technical issues. It is very engaging and every day new skills are being developed since we encounter new problems for each individual. We are a team of great people that work hard in helping achieve the required goals. The hardest part is in moments when the technical issues are college wide and it is frustrating trying to convince clients that we are trying our best to fix the problem. I enjoy the interactions and networking we get while at work. Also the possibilities I get into expanding my skills in the Information Technology field.
nice place
Administrative Assistant/Faculty Support (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 11, 2015
nice place to work , not very demanding or stressful everyday., very family orientated..Management is flexibility with your schedule. We have awesome instructors, they are professional as well as personal. we communicate on first name basis.
Pros
S.W.A.G.G. from left over events, paid holidays, free lunche, free education, great benefits
Cons
compensation, advancement opportunities, very political