WALSH CONSTRUCTION

WALSH CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Fun
Flexible, great benefits, advancement opportunities. Good people to work with, a family company. Everyone is relaxed and great to work with. Training is quick and clear.
Pros
Benefits, salary and flexibility
The environment
I love the environment and the safety and being around my coworkers and management skills and on-the-job training and always being around a safe environment and the way they take care of their employees and Mos Def safety and camaraderie on the job
Very basic place to work
The hardest part about this job is dealing with customer and an awful contract with SFMTA. The people overall are very nice and easy to work with. My life work balance is good and the management is reasonable. I am grateful for the experiences and learned how to better communicate cause of the difficult situations.
Great Established Company
Walsh is a great, established company that promotes within and is able to see potential in all employees. They compensate very well and there is always opportunities to excel within.
terrible company to work for
one of the worst I have ever had in my many years of construction. way to many foreman who don't have a clue about how a job site should be run. to many chiefs and not enough Indians. some days and I say that lightly they have you running in circles only to get nothing done and then have you do the wrong thing twice. I don't recommend working for that company. to much politics and they don't treat their men like men at all. lets just put it this way I felt belittled and degraded by management on every level. because they choose to hire inexperienced students to run a job site instead of men with years of experience. one of those companies that you asked to be laid off from and never return to.
Great company to work for
Great company to work for .,I have work for them A number of times Throughout my career. And all my experiences has been great . It’s a family-based company they care about the well-being of their employees I can honestly say . It’s a safe work environment .
I was only at Walsh for the P3 bridge project
I was hired with Walsh for a 500+ rapid bridge project , when all the bridges were complicated everyone that was hired for that particular project was laid off.
Dependable
I can say that working for Walsh has been very knowledgeable .i have learn how to work as a team and be responsible for my work.plus they are very helpful and reliable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WALSH CONSTRUCTION?
Great
Loved it learned alot. The foreman and superintendent where always helpful. Definitely would work for them again. The atmosphere was great and they took care of there people
Great Company, horrible leadership inside of division I was in.
20 years of learning and developing my talents. That will never be forgotten. However some of the leadership of the group I was a part of was maniacal and insecure which is no leadership at all.
Great Company for engineers.
The company is really great for development of engineers. Jeans are acceptable. Happy hours help to increase work morale. Company encourages team building activities.
They were a great company to work for. Sorry I am no Longer with them, but it is my fault.
I enjoyed working on the COE projects. They were more structured to how I like to work the teams seemed to work together better then others.
Pros
outstanding people
Cons
Not many
N/a
Didn't have a good experience working at this company. The company itself took care of you but when it came to the foreman and other journeymen they did not care to teach you anything about the job coming in fresh never doing any concrete form work.
Large contractor with little regard for it's employees.
Large firm with little concern for employees and outcomes.
Total lack of professionalism.

Culture that places all employees in situations that eliminates the possibility of collaborative environment.
Pros
Cons
Total lack of regard for employees.
The company is great to work at
My time at Walsh has been nothing but positivity. The skill levels of the men that work there are second to none . There is situations were it isn’t always a time issue like go go go! But nonetheless jobs do need to be done with skill and craftsmanship and in a reasonable time frame ! And the companies team structure is great and there safety policies has reassured me in my work area .
Pros
Great on job training
Cons
No room for error
Great Company
It was a great company to work for. Union benefits and plenty of hours. Just once a job is complete they don't always call you back. I worked for them for 8 years and was very happy.
Good company to work for
Good company to work for in construction field. Dona lot of fwy work. Pay an benefits is good. Management does its to practice and maintain safety. Safety is priority in that company.
fine for people that want to live there
You will be paid for 40 hours. But you will be expected to work for anywhere between 50 and 80 hours a week.
WALSH= We All Live And Sleep Here. If that is what you are looking for its a cool place to work. you will see things you cant in other places.
Pros
total emersion in the job
Cons
you wont see family or friends.....ever.
very fun but really need more communication
all a really good experience for me, first time i had flagged such a hug intersection with so many things to look at from a flaggers point of view. will do it again
a day to day job. !
I was brought in to work for Walsh and presumed I would be there for quite some time ! Little did I know I was merely a fill in for one of their out of state “one of the guys “ that was working on another Walsh major project so when that project ended with their favorite other one of the crew guys was finished on that project they replaced me with one of thier regular guys into my position to keep him employed but then layed me off ! I wouldn’t work for Walsh unless thier was job security in writing ?
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
It’s a job
The staff & management in the office were great to work, with and had a team mentality. Was allowed to work independently. Sad that my contract ended.
Pros
office staff
Cons
occasional meetings
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WALSH CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.