WALSH CONSTRUCTION

WALSH CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews for Laborer

Dependable
I can say that working for Walsh has been very knowledgeable .i have learn how to work as a team and be responsible for my work.plus they are very helpful and reliable.
terrible company to work for
one of the worst I have ever had in my many years of construction. way to many foreman who don't have a clue about how a job site should be run. to many chiefs and not enough Indians. some days and I say that lightly they have you running in circles only to get nothing done and then have you do the wrong thing twice. I don't recommend working for that company. to much politics and they don't treat their men like men at all. lets just put it this way I felt belittled and degraded by management on every level. because they choose to hire inexperienced students to run a job site instead of men with years of experience. one of those companies that you asked to be laid off from and never return to.
Great
Loved it learned alot. The foreman and superintendent where always helpful. Definitely would work for them again. The atmosphere was great and they took care of there people
Great Company
It was a great company to work for. Union benefits and plenty of hours. Just once a job is complete they don't always call you back. I worked for them for 8 years and was very happy.
good job if in need
the job is easy its just hard labor, if you need a quick job to fill in your gaps looking for a much better one then its a good place to go, you might learn a thing or 2.
Pros
easy work, a lot of work, payed fridays every week
Cons
bad training, if your not bilingual you not well like to start
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good place to work. Good people. Superintendent. Are. Nice. And jod are safe. To work. They always try to do the best for you and they teach you how to be a better worker I have too many classes
Pros
Some time lounch
Cons
Yeah we got good insurance
Fast paced fun work place
Great pay, as long as your working get into a union hall or they will dump you as soon as they find a reason. I made 2 errors in 3 months and they decided to let me go bc it was the end of the summer and they didn't have any more work for me.
Pros
Nice people for yhe most part
Cons
Your replaceable no matter how much effort you put into your work
Wasn't a great experience. Way too political
Was given a hard time due to manner in which I got job. Neighborhood hire through alderman office. unnecessary verbal reminders about workers who aren't working because, I am!
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Politics
Good Job
It is a summer construction job. Many hours in the heat. Other then that its a good company. Nothing bad to say. The money is great. The benefits are great.
Pros
Money, Benefits
Cons
Hot outdoor work, Many many hours
Very good
My advice is that the should have a bit of respect with thier workers because the give you lay off and leave to work the most lazy but those are preferred and it is very hard that they work very hard and take the serious and earnest work so that the final give you lay off and stay the most lazy and preferred of clear supervizores are not all
very productive and fast pace job.
We would show up to a designated area at 7am and have a safety meeting that would last about 20min . During this time we would also get our assignments for the day. We would head off to our assigned area. the job site covers all of Spaghetti junction of down town Louisville KY, East End off Louisville and southern Indiana. most of the time I was assigned to grade checking and excavation of areas on the job. If they needed help on wire wall or building MSE walls or laying pipe I would go help.
I would learn at any opportunity I was given.

The management very informative on the job and was understanding . I love working with people and training them. The hardest part of the job would be the weather change. But over all I love being an laborer.
Always a big focus on safety, provided us with all the tools we need to do job well, high quality machines and equipment; always check our harnesses, etc.; gave us ear plugs daily for noise protection; really care about employees
Productive company with ability to fulfill contracts.
Typical day at work means you arrive early and on time. Understanding that all scheduling is weather dependent and apt to change.Budget driven. Its different from contract to contract.Hourly employees can expect at least 40 per week. Co-workers generally get along fine with few breaks to chat. Training is really good and this company adheres to OSHA and DOT industry standards. The hardest part of the job can be a breakdown in communication at any level. The worst part of communication breakdown often comes from inexperienced Supervisors and Managers straight out of school and no hands on training nor organizational skills. The thing I like most about this company is if you don't want to be there or you slack off consistently, then you're gone. They do take time to reward laborers with bonus incentives. Each project is different. Sometimes there is a tendency for supervisors to "doctor" paperwork to avoid workman compensation claims and to skip their own safety policies when it pertains to themselves.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Personal tool loss/theft, little or no breaks
Working for Walsh
Walsh is an outstanding union company employing a skilled workforce. Management requires a daily insistence of a safe work environment that results in a quality product. Quality workers are often required to work demanding hours which, in my opinion, might result in fatigue and dangerous conditions. Walsh insist on skilled and knowledgeable employees making it worth the opportunity to work for such a company.
Overall a great company
Like any other construction company. you do what is asked of you and perform as if your job depended on it.
Pros
when you work you get paid
not a very fun work enviroment
busy company to work for but when its over. thats it you are laid off.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
when work is over you get laid off
Hard Labor
This was hard labor outside work but no room for advancemennt. When i first started this job fresh out of high school with no experience, i was making the same amount as guys who been on job for years.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WALSH CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.