WALSH CONSTRUCTION

WALSH CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Fun
Flexible, great benefits, advancement opportunities. Good people to work with, a family company. Everyone is relaxed and great to work with. Training is quick and clear.
Pros
Benefits, salary and flexibility
Great Place to work
Great place to work and excellent to people to work with. Excellent benefits and time off package. Company will take of you if you take care of them. Very caring.
Wasn't a great experience. Way too political
Was given a hard time due to manner in which I got job. Neighborhood hire through alderman office. unnecessary verbal reminders about workers who aren't working because, I am!
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Politics
Great place to work able to learn a lot about building bridges. People easy to get along with most of the time. Pretty laid back place to work as long as you got your job done on time know one really pressured you. Good benefits as far as health, dental, and vision insurance were concerned.
Pros
For me it was close to home.
Cons
Made way to many concrete cylinders for testing, in my opion.
Good solid outfit
Walsh is great as long as they have work. I worked in the Heavy Highway Division so I cant speak much for the structures department. We worked a lot of long hours but at Union scale the time was worth the money.
Pros
Great outfit
i never felt like i was part of the team
everyone was out for themselves. back stabbing group of individuals. I was middle management and my supervisor threatened my job on a weekly basis to try to motivate me to do my work. very unprofessional environment. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
close to home, 20 minute commmute
Cons
see my review... cons are i accepted a position there
Not a good life/work balance.
Culture has a way to go to improve with Safety Culture but is on the right track. Be prepared for the good ole boys club where outsiders and people who can think of a better way of doing things that's more productive and safer to scare them- change is hard.
Pros
Take home vehicle
Cons
Good ole boys club, low on the salary, be prepared to work a LOT of hours- Kiewit style.
Great Workplace
Walsh has very unique employees. I've learned so many things working with this guys . Fun , Safe, Steady Hardworking Environment as well . They are awesome co workers and enjoyed working with those guys & lastly Exellent pay.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
No cons
Fast paced environment, sometimes stressful but manageable
Walsh is a good company and it encourages every employee to pay attention to safety. The work environment is fast paced and a little bit stressful sometimes. The compensation is good and the benefits are excellent. Overall, working with Walsh is an excellent choice.
Pros
Free lunches
Walsh Construction Warehouse
Good benefits - decent pay.
Learned a lot about organization and project management.

Would like to gain more experience elsewhere.

I gained valuable experience in this company.
Good Job
It is a summer construction job. Many hours in the heat. Other then that its a good company. Nothing bad to say. The money is great. The benefits are great.
Pros
Money, Benefits
Cons
Hot outdoor work, Many many hours
The company is a very safety conscious while also insuring that you are working in a good and productive atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone.
fun to work with
sort clothing stack shelves, put way unwanted carts, cashier greeter
help customers hang clothes put away clothes listen to supervisors Hlwp customers locate items
Very good
My advice is that the should have a bit of respect with thier workers because the give you lay off and leave to work the most lazy but those are preferred and it is very hard that they work very hard and take the serious and earnest work so that the final give you lay off and stay the most lazy and preferred of clear supervizores are not all
Productive work environment that helped me advance in training and customer service
I managed the sales office for the Legacy at Millennium Park for almost 5 years for Walsh Construction. I had daily interactions with condo owners and management and staff. I also conducted pre and post walk throughs with buyers and potential buyers. I also met with contractors and venders on a weekly basis and made sure everything was done in a timely manner and correctly.
Pros
Benefits and pay was top notch
Cons
There was not a position available for me which the company when the building was all sold out.
Walsh construction
Great company that has a lot to offer in many different aspects. Our regional office is downsizing and since i was a newer employee I was let go due to the cutbacks. Working for Walsh it was a great experience and i learned lot of behind he scene work in the construction industry
Pros
Steady hours, great location and employees.
Cons
Poor management and not a lot of room for advancement.
Really nice people
Walsh is a great company. The people are nice, and they don't micro-manage. They're very flexible if you have an appointment outside the office.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Good to work for this contractor
Even though Walsh is a big contractor they were understanding and good to work for. I made a lot of money working for them, I just wished I could have worked for them longer.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Alot of driving
Equipment
Really nice people. Great place to work. Benefits are great. I learned a lot about the construction business. Lots of free time as well.
Hard Work
Union job that offers good pay and benefits. Hours are typically 10 per day. Nice team environment. Not for the non-physical.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Few days off
very productive and fast pace job.
We would show up to a designated area at 7am and have a safety meeting that would last about 20min . During this time we would also get our assignments for the day. We would head off to our assigned area. the job site covers all of Spaghetti junction of down town Louisville KY, East End off Louisville and southern Indiana. most of the time I was assigned to grade checking and excavation of areas on the job. If they needed help on wire wall or building MSE walls or laying pipe I would go help.
I would learn at any opportunity I was given.

The management very informative on the job and was understanding . I love working with people and training them. The hardest part of the job would be the weather change. But over all I love being an laborer.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WALSH CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.