Walsh University Employee Reviews

Can I give less than zero?
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 28, 2018
Management doesn't know what they are doing. They hire people without ever speaking to them. Employee competition is cut-throat and full of backstabbers. Management is even worse. There are NO soft skills required of any of the management and faculty. The students have a culture of entitlement and snobbery. If you need the priest or have a real problem... good luck getting a hold of anyone. However, they will pester you to death to donate. They always have time for that. Of all the places I've ever worked, this one was the MOST UNCHRISTIAN of them all!
Cons
Terrible management; terrible culture; doesn't know the meaning of Christian
Love the people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2018
No room for advancement, poor management, and very poor pay. The students were great to be around, and see them grow, fellow employees were most caring and great to work with!
Pros
Work family
Cons
Poor pay
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 4, 2018
Walsh University is a great place to work. I have learned a lot about the management position and how to be a better person. I enjoy the diversity of the employees that I oversee.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
friendly enviroment
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 20, 2018
i would get the salad bar ready for the day. i cut up vegetables and fruit.i set up salad dressings.it was challenging when i had to keep refilling the salad bar.I enjoyed the employees i worked with.
Pros
getting to know the students
Cons
seasonal work
Really great environment for academic experience
Presenter at 'All Politics (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioFebruary 25, 2013
The all politics is local conference was a great way for me to gain experience to enter the academic world. If you are looking to get ahead in your career participate in this conference. You will not regret it. Very professional environment.
Pros
very professional environment and experience
fun place to work
Football Manager (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 7, 2017
I already gave a review of my work at Walsh University. I don't have anything else to say other than I wrote this because I had no other choice. Walsh is a great school.
Pros
Got into games free
Cons
very long hours
Affiliate Faculty for Associated Degree Nursing Program
Education/Associate Degree Nursing (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720October 23, 2016
Walsh University was a great place to work. The nursing instructors were very caring and knowledgeable in their subject areas. The students were great and received a great education.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
part time status and salary could have been better
Good job for college students, poor management and leadership
University Assistant Manager of Grounds (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 17, 2012
Efficiency is lacking on the part of management and leadership positions. More can be done in less time spending less money.
Pros
understanding of stresses outside the workplace
Cons
meaningless time consuming activities
Productive yet laid back environment
Advancement Intern (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 20, 2016
As the advancement intern I work to build relationships with alumni and keep them connected to the school. I update releveant information by leveraging different social media platforms and I also work with fellow staff members to build our mentorship program. Although I have only worked in this specific position for a few months, I have worked in this office with the Annual Fund for the last three years. Everyone in the Advancement office is so welcoming and offers a helping hand whenever needed. I love the idea of working in non-profit and Walsh has been a great stepping stone in that sector.
Productive and fun environment where creativity is encouraged
Advancement Intern (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 20, 2016
As the advancement intern I work to keep Walsh University alumni feeling connected to their alma mater. I update relevant information by leveraging social media platforms and I also work with fellow staff members to grow our mentorship program. Although I have only worked in this specific position for a few months, I have worked in this office with the annual fund for the last 3 years. Everyone I work with so welcoming and is there to lend a helping hand whenever it's needed. I am interested in working in non- profit and Walsh University has been a great stepping stone in that sector.
Diversity
International Ambassador (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 1, 2016
Main focus is to recruit students all over the world. We are now working to improve the diverse environment that Walsh University has. All my co-workers are international, so the most enjoyable part is to learn about their cultures. The hardest part is to come up with a plan in order to reach other students.
Pros
Improving my leadership skills
Cons
few work hours
Productive and fun workplace with constant student interaction
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 8, 2014
Management, Hall Directors, worked one-on-one with us to be able to provide the best experience in the residence halls. The most difficult part of the job is time management because you never know when residents are going to need you. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off through programming and resident energy.
Great Experience
Office of Alumni Relations Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 8, 2017
This was a great marketing experience. I was able to put my influence in the Walsh University Alumni's social media channels to effectively engage and communicate with alumni and students.
An excellent higher learning institution.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 11, 2017
Excellent programs. Overall excellence in studies, instructors, study conditions and leadership Working at this job allowed me to continue with my studies and afforded me the opportunity of residing at the site where I had access to study materials.
Pros
A Wonderful Experience in learning.
Cons
None.
Low pay
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 14, 2017
The pay is very low and they do not compensate based on job responsibility. The school is behind on many processes due to low funding in the departments. Overall, I would not recommend working here.
Wonderful Catholic institution
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
~ strong Catholic influence, but very open to all religions

~ somewhat outdated in the area of technology

~ students are valued

~strong retention efforts

~high levels of mentoring and assistance to students
Pros
great people
Cons
poor salaries
Nice people
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 7, 2016
great place to work, the hours were crazy early and sometimes the work day could be very hectic if we had to clean quickly.
Pros
hectic when busy
Cons
lulls in business
Fun Environment
Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at Walsh, the staff were all very friendly and I was able to form some great bonds with my co-workers. The hardest part about the job is learning on the fly, and teaching yourself.
Great Experience
Enrollment Management & Site Director (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 28, 2015
I started here as a correspondent, and had a lot of opportunities to learn from there. However, once you get to the point of doing the job, you need to move on. There is not much opportunity after that.
Pros
Free tickets and entry into local events
Cons
low pay, overworked staff
Student Researcher
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Conducted research as a student. Built 2 research projects from beginning to end and was able to submit them to conferences. The university assisted in helping me attend these conferences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walsh University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2