Walsworth Employee Reviews

It was horendenous
Binder Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 16, 2018
Walsworth is not the place to work, just for the simple fact they have to many hire ups and they have a horrible turn over rate. They will literally fire you for nothing.
Pros
Cons
I go two paid breaks. But they were short
Great company to work for, I highly reccomend. Yearbook or jounalism experience is a must,
Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 24, 2018
Wonderful family owned company to work for. Top notch training. Great management and owners. Lots of daily travel, but home by dinner time. Treat employees like they are valued! Limos to meetings and wonderful training venues! Got to see a lot of big cities I would never have been able to visit.
Pros
Too many to count!
Cons
Using my own vehicle for travel, never feeling like I was off of work because my phone was always dinging or ringing after hours, too much mail on a daily basis, you need to have an office space with a large closet for this job.
Good business to work for
Sales Representative and Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 8, 2018
Walsworth is a great company to work for if you're hungry and willing to put in the time. If you can stick it out and be productive for the first few years, you'll do well. I live in an expensive area of the country and unfortunately, their salary does not pay the bills.
crazy
Check all books and do all paperwork (Former Employee) –  st joe michiganMarch 9, 2018
I loved what I was doing, but the management team was very unprofessional, very rude, and the way that they talks to the employees was very uncalled for. We are all there to do a job the right was and to make sure that it is done the right way. Not to be someones punching bad because they are having a bad day.
A light table striper
Cover Artist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, MOFebruary 18, 2018
This was before computers was used for graphic arts.
I created cover, endsheets, dust jackets and posters on a light table.
The management was great.
I learned that I like doing the graphics on a computer better.
I loved everyone I worked with
Pros
I good job
Cons
Family owned sales with room to grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marceline, MO 64658February 10, 2018
Depends on the region you work in how successful you will be. There is a lot of pressure to grow and adequate training provided with bonuses dangled in front of you all the time. Having the right manager and territory are helpful.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
lonely
Good Entry Job
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 24, 2018
This is a perfect job for an entry attorney. They don't pay much but you will gain a lot of experience and move on. You have a very low base salary and then earn monthly bonuses based on your billable hours.
Very Competitive Environment
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 14, 2017
Great Company and a lot of Long time employees. One of my favorite managers ever to work for in my entire career. Great work life balance and awesome work culture. My position was phased out due to budget cuts, but loved what I did and enjoyed the challenge. Working for this company will keep you on your toes!
Team
Assistant Office Manager/Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed my team and the people I supervised but my manger had no direction and vision. She had been with the company for over 20 years and didn't want to evolve.
Will work you in the ground!
Lead Press Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Joe, MI.September 23, 2017
Treat you like a slave and expects you to bend over for them! Makes you burn Vacation time or go home with out pay when they slow down, poor pay 12 hr days
Fun job to have
Yearbook Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA SanBernardino, Ca San Diego, CaAugust 7, 2017
Very team oriented and team player. very family oriented. Have recommended to lots of my friends. Loved working there, I only left because my husband passed away
Pros
Make your own schedule, unlimited ways to make income.
Cons
Long hours even on your time off on the weekends and evenings
Not well balanced
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA 92868July 11, 2017
Very strict with dresscode, leggings not even allowed on laid back friday, and im a leggings person! I got great experience while only there 6 months. Very quiet place as it is a law firm.
It's not the job it's the management.
Premedia Operator (Current Employee) –  Marceline, MOApril 17, 2017
I love the job I do, it is fun and I have learned a lot over the past 3 years. I am shuffled from my permanent department to other departments to help other employees when errors or issues take place. The management could use a touchup, they are more concerned about lining their pockets than they are making sure we are sending out good products to our customers and making sure that the employees are safe and taken care of. The needs of the employees are last, they are worked 10-12 hour days usually 7 days a week 9 months out of the year.
Growing, Privately Owned Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 9, 2017
Strong focus on family values. Seasonal yearbook volume affects the commercial side of the business. Commercial print growing but not yet focused on specific markets.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Becominig a bit slow to action due to growth.
Very cut and dry with what I did
Attending and assisting (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2017
I worked with a third party employer setting up camps for students who were looking to sharpen their journalist skills. It was enjoyable, but a minimal experience.
Long hours low pay
Three knife Lead (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 16, 2016
This job posted mandatory overtime for 2 years straight, working 12 hour days Mondays-Friday and 8 hours on Saturday the pay wasn't good and because management had favoritism it made the work environment very stressful.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, 20 minutes lunch, bad work environment
It's good experience for those that love being a creative
Red shirt (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 16, 2016
For someone that loves being on a team that has fun and work productively it was a great job, worked with fun people to make sure everyone is having a great time and to assist the staff running the place.
Good working environment
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIOctober 23, 2015
Small family owned business with some challenges in nationwide printing market. Sales team was fun to work with but management was less than desirable to work with.
Productive and fun place to work
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2014
I created and draft discovery, pleadings, motions, table of contents, table of authorities, memorandum points and authorities, motion summary judgments , correspondence, research cases, document review, prepared exhibit lists, witness lists, subpoenas, scheduled depositions, prepared deposition notices, trial preparation, binders, charts, court filings (superior courts/federal courts), including e-filings, and interacted with couriers and plaintiffs' counsel on a daily basis.
Great first job in San Francisco
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2014
This was my first job in SF and I was grateful to have it. My boss was very nice, the people were very nice, but we were in the business of defending insurance companies who didn't want to pay people who were dying of asbestos poisoning. Overall it was a fine job and I really would have stayed longer if another opportunity hadn't come up. The most difficult aspect of the job was working in a small office, it as very confined.
Pros
Great people, great location
Cons
tiny office, new room for advacement