Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 6,396 reviews matching the search See all 6,736 reviews
quick paced place to work, but worth it
Costume Host/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
Working for the Walt Disney Company teaches you how to adapt to a fast paces environment and how to pay attention to detail. Disney holds high standards for their cast members so that they can meet the high expectations of the guests visiting.
Working for the mouse
Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
My time working for the mouse has been full of ups and downs like any place. However, I've been bullied by fellow cast members. Telling management doesn't help because the alpha has people to help back up their story while I had only one other new person. Management will also mistreat you if you don't know your rights. Your schedule LOL just don't EVER have plans. It changes at a drop of a dime even tho they are suppose to give you a weeks notice. Don't even think about trying to get off a single holiday. The holidays don't rotate like a lot of other places I've worked so the same people get all the holidays because they've been there longer. You are now a slave to the mouse. have a magical day.
Pros
free park admission if you can get a day off, discounts if you have money left for low wages, health care
Cons
scheduling, pay, overall environment
good.bad
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 6, 2018
fun for a time but no room to grow and not enough money to live on but great if u love the parks and merchandise because of discounts given but it all comes down to money and you don't make enough there
Could a fun place to work
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
Overall a good company to work for if you are in a food and beverage tipped position, Disney no longer hires full time employees so they can avoid paying benefits so mostly everybody is part time, workplace culture depends a lot on management, no job security, little opportunity for growth
Pros
great pay (I was a tipped bartender)
Cons
extremely hard to get hired, but extremely easy to lose that job
Alot of ups and downs
RESTAURANT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2018
Company strives to be the best, as they are, but at the cost of low wages. Not all for nothing though, because you gain plenty of experience and grow alot as a person as well.
Fun place to work.Best job ever forpart time work!
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2018
Disney was one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. They hours were good and I enjoyed my shifts. The co-workers I had were amazing. The boss/supervisers are always so helpful and pleasant.
Pros
fun placeto work
Cons
wish you could pick your days of availability
LEAST Magical Place on Earth
Attraction Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
Working in attractions is the worst thing I have ever done. The management is absolutely terrible and only crawls out of their closed off office when it is absolutely necessary. They care about nothing but numbers and treat every cast member as much.
Pros
free admission to the parks
Cons
everything else
If you get a chance do it
Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 5, 2018
So it's an internship, pay isn't amazing, but it's worth it. You'll meet a lot of people. The biggest thing you'll get out of it is learning what a good manager is. You won't realize it at 1st, but this was one of those experiences that can lead to great things if you don't waste the opportunity. They don't ask for a lot out of you and try to make the job fun.
Magical Guest Service
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
This company taught me the importance of an experience in selling anything. Greatest learning environment ever. The management is done so well that even when there are issues there is someone in place to help handle those issues.
Fun Place to work
Attraction Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 5, 2018
Its never a dull moment working at Walt Disney World. Everyday is something new and exciting. the management staff was great and could go on all day about a pleasure it was to work with them. I never felt like it was a job because I had so much fun every day.
Happiest Slave on Earth
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2018
very busy very demanding still very fun. work you till your body can't handle it anymore. I would go back in a split second. really good experience a lot of life lessons taught here.
Fast Pace/ Hard Working
Attractions Host/ GSO Lead/ Special Events Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 4, 2018
Promptly responded to general inquiries from other Cast Members, Leads and Managers via telephone and email.
Maintained a safe work environment
As a working lead, oversaw up to forty cast members at a time undertaking multiple tasks at once
Managed a large area of responsibility
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Ride Operator
Employee of the month several times
Coordinated with Anaheim Police Department for events around the resort with an impact on the surrounding areas
Always the Best
Sales Associate - SUPERDRY (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
If you are looking for a job where you want to help as many people possible with excellence then this is the place for you. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the property and always loved interacting with the tourists and guests.
The most magical place on earth even as an employee!
Restaurant Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2018
I truly enjoyed my career at Walt Disney World. As a professional, I've learned a lot. Guests enjoys coming to Disney and are patient with us if something goes wrong. This is a true guest service company where the guests comes first. We go above and beyond to ensure the most magical experience. I intend to go back and continue my career the first chance I get.
Pros
Fun and fair place to work
Cons
A lot of hours so hard to balance personal life if you're in salary role
Fun space
Housekeeping-Turndown (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
Like it when you get a chance to take family to Walt Disney . Also get on different rides without the long lines and get discounts on certain things at the parks
Pros
Discount
Cons
No free lunch
Industry leader, fun, productive workplace
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 3, 2018
Disney is the leader in the Entertainment industry. Extremely innovative company always looking for growth opportunities and never satisfied with the status quo.
Fun Atmosphere
Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
You create a family that you don't expect. It is a fun position, but requires a lot of hard work and quick problem solving. Management create a team of supportive and caring professionals.
Not so magical
Delivery Service, Strollers and Wheelchairs (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
There are moments when making the magic for guests is wonderful, but that is overshadowed by the lack of pay and benefits for everyone that isn't full time. Even full time people cannot live off of what they are paid.

The hardest part of the job was giving shifts away, and not being able to live off of 60 hour work weeks.

The best part was getting into the parks for free and the discounts. Most of my paycheck went back into the parks though
Pros
Discounts and park tickets
Cons
Pay and no benefits
Productive and a fun place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 2, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Walt Disney World. I had great coworkers for the most part. As far as management, I had good ones and bad ones; most were good for the most part.
Stress
Front Office- Guest service, Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
n/a
I just wouldn't recommend this place. If you want to keep your stress level down and life peaceful, look the other way. It is not worth your sanity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
53.5K
41.8K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight