Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 6,034 reviews matching the search See all 6,314 reviews
I meet new people everyday,
Data entry activities/ sales host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2018
I learned how to work as part of a very large corporation I learned the value of customer service for guests, inventory management, working as a team
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
part time benefits
Discounts and exciting to see what is behind the scenes
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2018
A typical day working at Walt Disney World was very long and intense, and is very full on. Management is very questionable, as the pay is low, and the hours and high. The hardest part is keeping up with the job energy and coping with management. The most enjoyable part however, is making magic for customers through the company's methods and ethics.
Pros
Discounts, Behind the scenes look at the company
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor management
Work
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
Work was great ppl greet u everyday ppl was so nice guests are amazing and you have a chance everyday u work to make a person old and young life better
Pros
Lunch good, 1hour break, and benifits
Cons
Long nights, a lot of days working, lack of free time and call ins
fun work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2018
My job was very enjoyable. Just hours were long and job was long distance from my home. The hardest part of the job was we were not allowed to spend time with guests as we did in the begining.
Cool
Ride Attractions operator at two Disney Parks (Former Employee) –  Blizzard BeachOctober 17, 2018
It was always exciting, stressful at some points, but mostly fun. The managers were all very nice, but favoritism was a huge problem. I definitely enjoyed the experience.
No review
HVAC/R EMS Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaOctober 17, 2018
Great company to work for - union based pay scale - paid vacations and sick time. free entry to the parks and discount on merchandise. Holiday specials.
Great Internship
left in the middle for an internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
Being able to intern for one of the world's greatest companies is what lead me to the decision to follow a career in customer service and to make the customer the center of all we do.
Very corporate, only way up is who you know, low pay, bad management
Children's activities (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2018
Call in system is not hard to work around, do not hurt yourself on the job, if it’s your fault you’re fired. Many micro managers, employees throw one another under the bus
pretty good
Kilimanjaro Safari Guide (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 16, 2018
The job itself I absolutely love! The training was however the worst most stressful week of my life. I don't think I slept/ate the entire week from being so nervous and how much the job entails. Leadership has been great so far, very accommodating when they're able to be.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no free drinks/food, long hours
Excelente ambiente de trabajo con muchas prestaciones
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Bay lake, FlOctober 16, 2018
Este puesto es muy accesible en sus horarios, aparte de que la empresa suele otorgar bastantes beneficios que compensan.
Disney the happiest place on earth
Resort parking and transportation (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 16, 2018
I love working at Disney but living so far away makes it hard to get there. If I lived closer it would be the most awesome job to have. The perks and discounts are amazing
disney review
Performer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2018
great place to work, I was able to make my own schedule, take time off, call out sick, entertain, interact with thousands of guests everyday, work with a variety of people
Management was shaky
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2018
The coworkers were more often than not really good. We were close due to the amount of stress with the job and what you deal with as a team. The direct leads were always good, upper management was rarely ever around.
Very fun, first 15 were magnificent
Disney World Wide Safety (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work is pure chaos however for me its great, the challenge of the impossible "then doing it" is really rewarding.
I learned that teamwork in Projects or any other line of business is essential, as well a great communication skills, I believe this to be the keys to success for any company . The workplace culture changed about 10 years ago however before that I couldn't wait to get to work and it was magnificent. The hardest part of the job was having to swallow your pride when you knew you were right and proceed in a different direction until it comes back around again (do it right the first time). The most enjoyable part of the job was the happiness I could bring to thousands of people every day and that for 25 years I made a positive difference in peoples lives all around the world. Can anyone ask for anything more enjoyable then that ?
Pros
Shanghai Disneyland Resort
Cons
Inside politics
It was a very good experience for me.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
It was a very fun place to work at. The management was very understanding and helpful. My trainers and Coworkers were very respectful and patient. Over all it was a very good experience.
Divertido pero cansado
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLOctober 14, 2018
Es muy divertido e interesante trabajar en un parque de Disney, pero es muy demandante y cansado. Aprendes muchas cosas pero terminas totalmente agotado.
it was a great experance
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32830October 14, 2018
well i had a good time working for them and i loved every one i worked with. i think every one has its flaws but all and all people where careing. and they took care of people
Pros
every thing that they did was from a good place
Cons
soem coworkers collage program and more
Nothing bad to say...
CP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2018
Who wouldn't love to work at Walt Disney World? Awesome environment and even better coworkers. Ability to have a flexible schedule and good benefits offered to employee
Love it
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 12, 2018
I only left because I had to but I will return as I really enjoyed my time at this job. The pay is adequate and they pay overtime after 8 hours of the day and most shifts are over 8 hours.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Company perks are great
SALES ASSOCIATE/TRAINER/RELIEF COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work. Great management at the resort I worked at. Was recommended to request additional training as a Trainer and Relief Coordinator. My managers pushed me to excel in everything I did.
Pros
Perks for cast members and families
Cons
No benefits for part timers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight