Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
78Above average

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

United States6,568 reviews
Found 6,568 reviews matching the search
Great place to work. Very flexible and willing to work with you when possible. Room for advancement and learning new skills and trades. Would recommend working there to anyone just starting out
You cant get be promoted on merit you need to brown nose alot. Like I said your just a number and can easily be replaced. That's all I can say for now.
Cons
Job was political to say tge least. Either you are in or out. There is no gray. Premise that was intended left years ago. Happy place, experience happy, promote happy;and we'll provide you with neccessary tools to promote happy-yeah use to be. Ambitions of others, some feeling lack of job security, opportunities to advance to other levels of success and arenas(explore other job roles-lessend based on supervisory vision for there own futures.just to name a few faults). So if you dream of fair honest feel good opportunity to advance as high as you can climb... good luck at WDW.
Pros
Park admission, volunteer opps, training in desired areas of employment-some license assist.
Cons
Health care horrible, mgmt teams don't support staff/crew, demands are unrealistic
Working here gave me absolute happiness. It is such a wonderful place to work and dreams really do come true here.
The people I have met are all so nice and helpful and yes things can get of course stressful but there are always someone around to help.
Pros
Always something to learn and experience
Cons
Short Breaks sometimes
Loved "making magic" and seeing smiles on guests' faces. But when a ride broke down for whatever reason you really saw the worst in people. Management does not stand up for their peons... I mean, cast members.
Pros
Guest sign in privileges on a some days
Cons
Benefits (pay or perks) continuously shrink every year
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good company to work for. Benefits great. Hard to move into management unless you are backed so smoozing with managers is a good thing. Great retirement job or first job. Not great to work or live in Orlando if trying to raise a family
It is a variety of posts and locations to work, in a theme park. There is opportunity for growth, training, and job shadowing. Many different fields to learn about.
Pros
Cons
Management could be more friendly and supportive
I love what I do and who I work for. During this crisis they were helpful and caring. The situation is out of my control and theirs, and I know they want to bring all their cast back. But the reality is that as right now things have change in the hospitality industry. And they do not know when i will be back or if i will be back. I can not wait until all money has run out to find something else.
Pros
Days off together
Cons
I have held multiple positions at Disney for a little over 3 years and each one provided me with a great and positive work environment that I have not found anywhere else. Depending on your position you will also get amazing benefits, such as excellent medical insurance and many hours of paid sick and vacation leave. All of their positions will include really fun perks like unlimited access to their theme parks and multiple entrances for your friends and family. They are very strict but also very reasonable, so you definitely want to do the best job you can.
Pros
A positive work environment and fun perks.
Cons
Difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Working at WDW is fun cuz of the guest and coworkers. Management is useless and brainless, have no clue what the job really is. Executive decisions are illogical and a waste of time and energy.
Pros
nice insurance
Cons
management is a waste of time and money
Working for Disney was an experience for sure. It is so fast paced and you will be living with 6 people in a 3 bedroom apartment If that's what you choose.
I love working at WDW, the experience is unique and you get the best learning experience in costumer service, you get skills to improve in your daily job everyday and the opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Free Disney entrances.
Cons
long work hours sometimes
Loved my experience! Though stressful at times, I wouldn't change anything about it. Coworkers were amazing as well as the sense of fulfillment you get. Highly recommend.
The company is great to work for, they have a lot to offer. They are flexible with yiur work schedule. They pay every week and pay time and a half after 8 hrs
If i to go back to this job it wouldn’t be as the same job I did before . I would want to move up in the company but then again I wouldn’t be doing attractions. I’m working on my career to be in the medical fields
I like working at night. I have worked nights and weekends. I am able to work in hot and cold weather. I can operate any kind of large equipment. I treat equipment like it's gold. I like working with people who like to smile and are able to get the job done and done right.
Pros
Walt Disney world
Cons
Not being able to work at Walt Disney world
Excelente empresa trabajo estable y seguro. Con variedad en sus campos laborales
Working at Disney World was a good experience. One can learn to develop their skills in guest service to extend and provide the best services they need.
Benefits
Cons
Flexible scheduling
When Disney parks were founded, they were meant to be a place where people could escape the pressures of real life and be thrust into the worlds of their favorite stories. Now, the company puts pressure on its employees to put into practice things that are focused more on revenue than giving people a good experience. As the price of tickets, merchandise, and food go up, there is minimal advancement available for the majority of the people who work The hardest to provide quality entertainment
Easy to work at. Unfortunately, after a 35 year management career outside of Disney, I find that suggestions to improve and streamline are pretty much ignored or managers take credit for the improvement. Many if the managers are on a power trip. I have personally over the past 20 years had to save my job on my own as they ignored the Union reps.
me agrado la experiencia en la empreza ya que aprendi muchas cosas y los compañeros fueron amables
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K
1.9K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight