Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

A great place to work if you enjoy making guests happy
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ariels GrottoNovember 20, 2017
Disney is a great company. Lots of chances to make magic and help guests enjoy their special times with family and friends. Made lots of friends, working around talented and unique people from every background and cultures
Pros
Free park admission and food discounts
Cons
Grumpy guests, crowds, outdoor working conditions
neat but not appreciated
Disney College Program Participant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2017
It was a cool experience working for Disney, and I am thankful for the opportunity, but in order to move up in the company, you must completely network. It is extremely competitive, and whoever knows the most people will get the next position. There are no days off.
Pros
self admission
Cons
no sick days, impossible to get days off
Most wonderful place in the world
Lead, Cashier, customer service, saftey, trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 19, 2017
Job security, union, benes, good coworkers, differents positions available. Lots of hours and overtime durning peak seasons. Free tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Its disneyland
Cons
Under paid over worked
Great people to work with!
Smokejumper's Grill - Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92801November 18, 2017
Disneyland has so many great people to work with & works well with other schedules. Easy to move up in this company. You meet a lot of interesting people.
Magical place of employment.
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2017
Working for Disney is never a disappointment. Even jobs that seem hard and difficult within the company are the most entertaining roles anyone searching for a job could hope for.
Excellent place to work
Statistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2017
One can never pay for the experiences gained from working at the Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts. There are free classes offered to the cast members to benefit and enhance their work skills. The only think that holds someone back is themselves.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
None personally
bad
Crew Chief (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2017
they were hard to work for. they would constanlcy cancel shifts with no warning. and there was little to know oppertunity for advancment. it was much like a factory
Giving a Great expericence
Enginnering (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 17, 2017
Giving guest an ultimate experience that they will never forget. Keeps the magic going. Having guest have lasting memories of this resort. Having the sense of Aloha instilled in every guest.
bad
Attendant/customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 17, 2017
wouldn't ever work here again this jobs sucks and the people who come here are snobby the management treats you bad and its very stressful. try to get a real job before coming here.
Walt Disney
Custodial (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLNovember 17, 2017
Its a great place to work. The crew is fun and friendly. Stay busy through out the day. After six months on the job you can transfer to any other part of the park. So in the event of you get bored or just need a change it is easy to transfer after 6 months
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Part Time/

Want to know more about Walt Disney Parks and Resorts?

Ask a question
Very big corporation that is high paced
Walt Disney World Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
Very few compensations for this fast paced job, but if you love Disney it's fun. Working with guests from all over the world has its pros and cons, but definitely an interesting experience. Communication between leadership and departments was nearly nonexistent, very difficult to get the same answer from more than one person at times.
Pros
Free Disney pass
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, understaffed, hard to advance
Amazing
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
It was a college internship. Disney put a lot of time and effort into their work culture and it showed. The training was top notch for every level of employee. Pay was not great.
Pros
Discounts and culture
Cons
Pay
No two days are ever the same!
SPECIAL EVENTS & PROJECT PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
If you like a fast paced work environment and to work with amazingly talented front-line team members, this is the place for you! I learned a lot and so will you!
Good Place To Work
Pricing Analyst, Parks & Resorts (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLNovember 15, 2017
Great company culture. Great at working together. Not a lot of room for growth. Managers really have your best interest at heart. Very positive company culture.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of room for growth
Work for the guest not for the manager
Attractions Guest Service Host (Current Employee) –  Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2017
Some of the managers seem to have an agenda. I've had amazing leaders in the past but beware of those that are not truly guest and cast focused. Working with guests is the best. You have to be a people person. Must be willing to approach strangers and be comfortable striking up a conversation. Some employees have been in their position way too long and can drag you into the politics, don't go there.
Pros
Free Disney Admission, Benefits, Cast
Cons
Pay, Politics, Some Managers
Fun work low pay
Ranch Hand (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2017
My job requires a lot of skill and experience. My co-workers are some of the most hard working and talented individuals i have had the pleasure of working with. We are like a family. Disney was my choice of Theme parks to work for based on the benefits I was offered. The pay however does not allow for me to pay basic living expenses on my own. I had to leave my dream job to go back home to live with family.
Good job, just bad benefits
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2017
The Job is good overall. Full time wasn't easy to get in every department, management did what the could in their own department but Disneyland Resort has been a company for a very long time. Getting full time wasn't easy and they have rules you need to fit into for that option aren't easy. They have old policies that make moving up in the company very hard. Plus their medical policies for injuries was terrible.
Pros
Good company discounts and getting your family into the parks.
Cons
Bad benefits.
Overall Exciting and Fun Workplace at the Disney Resorts/Parks
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
As a Disney College Program intern, I was not always in the best job situation. I got lucky with my job, was in bell services at one of the resorts. I LOVED it. I met some amazing people and worked with some awesome management. I have no complaints about the resort. The job was stressful almost every day, but it was a good way for me to learn about hospitality and better develop my multi-tasking skills. The hardest part of the job was just trying to juggle the phones, the guests coming up to the desk, storing luggage, and having to efficiently send out bellman orders to get bags to and from rooms. I actually think I fell in love with the work, though, because it was structured and the bellman were very easy to work with.

My second job at Magic Kingdom was not so glamorous, and I would not recommend working in the parks. It truly does depend on what you job you are put in to, as I was a hostess at one of the restaurants. The atmosphere is just so different from the resorts, and I found that managers are a lot more on edge. I had problems with one of my managers. She was very fake and made my time there miserable. My coworkers were what made up for her awful demeanor.
In MK, you are always moving. It is the busiest park, after all, and you are constantly doing something. I liked this, personally.
Stay only if you have the thickest skin
Guest Interactions Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 14, 2017
This company, while it promotes magic for its guests, does not take care of it's cast members. People are leaving the company by the hundreds. They do not foster a positive work environment. If you have an ambition to move up in the company this place is for you. However, it's either move up or move out because working in the resorts will eat at your soul. I've learned many valuable life lessons.
Pros
16 park admissions per year
A wonderful place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
Booking new reservations for clients. Making changes to existing bookings. I learned so much information from my Manager in a day, it was wonderful. The culture was Magical. The hardest part of that job was when I had to relocate. I enjoyed talking with new guests and booking a magical vacation to them and their family. In working at Disney World I met so many wonderful people. I was blessed to get to have them as new co-workers and friends. On a daily basis Disney would hand out magical information on the up coming Theme Parks and who was the entertainment. This position was a favorite for me. I so thank my managers for all the helpful information that they gave me.
Pros
My manager was the most wonderful person.
Cons
A dark Parking Lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3