Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 6,138 reviews matching the search See all 6,381 reviews
A fun experience
Bus Greeter/Ride Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2019
It's Disney so you get how you perceive. If you're getting into Parks/Resorts in order to get a foot in for something creative at the company you will be sorely disappointed.
Pros
Free park access, great discounts, happy people
Cons
Florida, low pay, inflexible hours, Florida
I will forever cherish my 6 years with the company
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2019
I wish the pay was higher to be able to live and pay bills comfortably.Otherwise, I wish I didn't have to leave, I miss it so much everyday. For many years I got to fulfill my lifelong dream and everyday I wish to go back to stay.
Short shifts with little help, always short staffed. Managment is usually never around
Customer Service Analysts (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2019
You must love Disney to work at Disney. There are great benefits with passes. You will work long stretches w/out breaks in the heat, and little support from management.
Great First job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2019
Disneyland is a great place to get a good foundation for employment. they have great training and professional standards that can carry with you in you future career.
Pros
Happy fun place to work
Cons
Work life balance
Departmental jobs are different
Technical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 19, 2019
Depending on your job, hours worked and type of pay, your journey with Disney varies in different directions. I worked straight nights 9 pm to 7;30 am supporting a larger arena than most employees. Maintaining this sector took a lot with all of the changes that take place on a daily basis. The perks were rewarding with park passes, benefits,401k, health and medical and other provisions not offered by most companies. My time at Disney was well worth it.
Magical"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 18, 2019
Grate place for retirement people or college the pay is too low and the job life balance is not good at all. Schedule is a head ache. Free entrance to the parks.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Pay schedule
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 18, 2019
Disney is a great place to work. the hiring process is easy. it has great people, great pay, a great benefit for people that work there and also for family members.
Busy place to work
Heart of House (Current Employee) –  Disney Hollywood Studios, Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 18, 2019
Sometimes I have to lift heavy boxes, but sometimes I get help for my co-workers. I have very collaborative co-workers. This is a fun place to work, and very dynamic. My manager is very professional and understanding.
Wonderful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2019
It was my most favorable place of employment I loved being a part of the guest childhood memories . I was the little mermaid in 6 parades and I extremely enjoyed signing the childrens toys and cards
It's a good company. But it has it's challenges
Chef assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2019
I loved the people and the company it's self is very good. But it has some downsides . Management differs from location to location. Some chef teams are better than others
Exciting place to work, meet people from all over the world
WDW security (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 17, 2019
A typical day was observing and reporting. I learned through training with the FBI,Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies on issues pertaining to security, to protect the guests, workers and property of the Walt Disney World corporation in an exciting and interesting environment. The hardest part of the job would be seeing people not having fun. The most enjoyable part was seeing people have fun
Pros
Getting people to enjoy all that we have to offer
Cons
When people's vacation was over and they had to leave
Great company with lots of benefits
Senior Planner, Consumer Insight (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 16, 2019
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work. I have worked in both Operations roles in the theme parks and in back office positions. There are a lot of great benefits and perks for working here, and one of them is working for such a well-known brand that garners a lot of respect.
Day in the life as cast member
Food and Beverage Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 16, 2019
A usual day starts off by getting assignment as to which ice cream cart or stand you will start off at. We the then make sure it is stocked to correct par level and open in timely manner then we great all guest even as they walk by cart and answer there question ant park .
Magical Days
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2019
I have worked several different role during my employment with Disney. Here my take it can be Magical at times or it won’t. Each of my experiences have been different. Some roles I love and some not so much. You will have great managers and ones you don’t care so much. The beauty of Disney is if you don’t like the role and your work record is clean with no points you can transfer into a different hourly role when the position opens. This is done by seniority list on picks. I will say I was disappointed with one of the Disney recruiters and was told to stick with a career path. You set up red flags. I don’t see how wanting to move around in a company is a bad thing and wanting to improve your skill sets and growing with the company is a bad thing. After I took my last transfer I rethink my Disney career goals and left. If I was going to be block from wanting to better myself and go grow with in the company. Maybe this wasn’t the right place for me any more. I do miss my Disney cast members we had become a family.
Pros
Free park tickets and medical insurance
Cons
Not a steady schedule
Great Beginning
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLSeptember 14, 2019
When i started at Disney, I was a temp hired to full time. The Advancements back then were only for single people. I had a young son. I wanted to work in my field (art), but a month i was hired on - Disney removed alll the artists on property.

I stayed in the department for 22 years - grew from a Sec 1 job, to Customer Service, then developed my job into an Event Coordinator which I had done previously before being hired.

Leadership is everything. If you have a good Director, the Dept. can soar. The Director should have been replaced; angry, interferring and goes in circle - unproductive.

My Manager was one that I had learned so much from. She taught me the"ins and outs" of ALL Sales concepts. I know, if I went with another comopany, I could "rock" from what I learned
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Too may chiefs in control not knowing what is going on.
Disney
Personal Vacation Advisor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2019
Disney is a great career option for those who want to start or grow their hospitality background! Competitive pay and amazing benefits for full time and part time
Great people and great product
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2019
They have very high expectations of the cast members, especially for the pay. Definitely a fun environment with great co workers. Unfortunately, as great as the perks and benefits are, those don't pay the bills and they basically consider them part of your pay.
Where the magic happens
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2019
Walt Disney world is an amazing place. They create magic for not only guest but employees and treat them with respect. I would recommend applying to everyone I know.
Great group of people.
Merchandiser/ back of house stocker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 12, 2019
Loved my job back of house, stocking. Would love to do it again. Not enough pay though, for everything you have to do. Most of cast needs more hours per day. I had to drive 45 miles each way, 90 miles round trip. Not enough pay for a four hour shift. My leads were great, Management was very nice.
Pros
16 park passes
Cons
Hours, low pay
Exciting environment
HOSTESS & CASHIER (Current Employee) –  DLH Food and BeverageSeptember 11, 2019
Usually pretty busy since it is the Happiest Place On Earth! I learned that most guests have an annual pass port to the Disneyland Resort or its their very 1st visit! The management cycles out pretty quickly. I think the hardest part of this job is getting yelled at when a guest has had a difficult day at the resort as a whole. The most rewarding part of this job is creating magic for guests that spent their last to come or just are going through a hard time.
Pros
Perks such as discounts and complimentary admission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
53.3K
41.8K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight