Walt Disney Television Pay & Benefits reviews

Great employees who love what they do
Runner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2019
With each production Disney-ABC Television Group ensures that you're surrounded with great colleagues who are passionate about their craft. Catering and craft services are bountiful, and compensation is competitive.
It was ok
fabricator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Sometimes the time clock disnt work so we had to write our times down.leading to improper pay and time. Vacation was wack. And so was sick time . be careful
Great Perks
Broadcast Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
There are great benefits and perks to working at the company. Within in the department and the company as a whole I have seen little room for growth professionally and salary wise.
fun place to work
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
cool place, great benefits. no way of moving up or progressing.
little to no turnover, so no way to move up or get promoted. not a bad place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management very demanding
ABC Insurance Review
Insurance Producer Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Carencro, LAOctober 8, 2018
ABC insurance was an interesting company to work for because I learned a lot about the insurance industry. But none of the employees were happy. They all hated working there. Two people were arrested for stealing. One was arrested for armed robbery of ABC insurance. The pay was also very low.
Pros
I received experience there
Cons
low pay, unsafe work environment
Good company
Log Management / Editor - SoapNet (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked with a good team in the cable network department. Great benefits and perks. The culture was good and made a good work and family balance for the time I worked there.
The best company to be with!
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
Excellent compensation
Excellent benefits
Good teamwork
Excellent work life balance
Excellent perks
Excellent work atmosphere
Challenging work projects
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Long commute
Disney is a great company to be with!
Systems Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
Great team to be with
Resources are available to help getting the work done
Great benifits
Excellent workplace culture
Excellent management team
Positive company outlook
Shuffleboard, bagel Wednesday's and a pub doustairs.
Art Director, SR UX/Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WA 98065April 28, 2018
Disney is a good place to work. It has a mature design culture and top notch professionals. The work culture is open and collaborative. Compared to other places in the tech industry where I have worked, Disney respects the work/life balance of it's employees, is respectful, encourages diversity and has open culture.
Cons
Slow to match compensation to market value
Good
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 12, 2018
Nothing much to say except it was a basic job with basic perks. Was a good transition job getting into the event industry. Low pay but the management was very good to me.
Experience Varies from one department to another
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 12, 2018
The company pays well and they offer good benefits and great perks.

I was there 16 yrs. The first 13 were amazing. Great work/life balance and good moral. The work was challenging and overtime was required but management was fair, supportive and acknowledged your accomplishments. It was hard to get promoted from within but the raises were adequate enough.

The last 3 years were a nightmare. New chief officers were brought in that laid off entire departments. People were rehired for considerably less. My immediate management was great but upper management didn't care about their employees and resented anyone they didn't hire or were not fresh out of college.

If you consider applying be sure you know what's expected of you and when the department was last "restructured" or you may end up with a completely different job than the one you applied for or you may be out of a job within a year.
Pros
Good health benefits, company perks (i.e. discounts, movie screenings, etc.)
Cons
No job security, can change your position on a whim, near impossible to advance from within
A Great Agency to work with daily
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Superior has a great culture. I was able to recieve the assignments quickly when called, and also found the assignments to be second nature since I worked for the company I was assigned to. The hardest part of the job is switching assignments once you begin to know the people or practices.
Pros
The hours were perfect
Cons
The salary could be a little higher
Has it's pros and con
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 7, 2017
Jobs to far for traveling to and from everyday. They don't want to pay you even after you have done the work. They lose contract maybe because there lack of professionalism.
Pros
Paid lunch
Fast-paced, fast-changing atmosphere
Log Editor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 23, 2017
I wouldn't say that working at Disney is "magical," like others do, but there are lots of opportunities if you're young and ambitious, to move ahead. Technology changes fast, so be sure to keep up in any and every way you can. Most of my co-workers were really nice people, but some managers and directors definitely had their "favorites," so it's best to lay low, learn your job, and not ask too many questions until you figure out who they are, so you don't get on their bad side. Avoid confrontation by all means. Take advantage of the benefits, like free visits to Disneyland and discounts on Disney goodies, and be as positive and flexible as you can.
Pros
Free days at the parks, free Saturday morning movie screenings, good health benefits
Cons
Great work/life balance and benefits
Senior Solutions Architect of Media IT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
Fast paced environment with lots of learning experiences and opportunity to learn new technologies. Great company benefits including free admission to parks and resorts.
Great company to work for.
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
First real job after college. Was there for 19 years until my position was no longer needed. Excellent benefits, great working culture. Good pay, and many employee activities. Learned mostly everything I know from there.
great place to work
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Edison, New JerseyApril 10, 2017
great place to work with good package, annual holiday celebration. Employees are treated well and are not forced into projects they dont want to join.
Productive and Challenging
Business Management Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here. I learned a lot and was able to grow professionally and personally due to the high expectations and challenging work. I loved the benefits as well.
Multimedia Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
A lot of new management in several new departments, but managers seem open to improvement and moving forward, which is encouraging.

Some of the suggestions team members make they have implemented or willing to consider.
Pros
Free Lunches, meetings and training
Cons
never openings for FT, lots of part timers with no benefits.
good place to work at
Warehouse Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 20, 2016
I was in there sales team, and I did really well for them. There are other companies now who have taken all there business, so there pay isn't all that great anymore.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
commision based wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Television. Our community is ready to answer.