Walt Disney World Resort
83High

Walt Disney World Resort Employee Reviews

United States679 reviews
I work in merchandise and it's wonderful. You feel like you are part of a family. Of course you won't love everyone but most people have a similar heart to yours. Management, depending on location, is very supportive and genuinely want to help you. It's rare to feel like a number but the position itself can get monotonous. I craved more responsibility and felt replaceable at times. Thankfully, you can try out new areas and get some variety going for yourself.
Pros
Work environment, co-cast members, if you work a certain number of hours you recieve health insurance, flexible schedule, advancement opportunities in your role and within the overall company, free access to the parks and special discounts, free education plan (inspire).
Cons
Difficult to get enough hours
The Walt Disney Company has a rich of being an outstanding place to work. I have been with the Walt Disney Company for 6.5 years now. I have enjoyed being able to try different roles and learn so much. I once believed in what the company stood for. But sense the reopening of the parks due to the coronavirus. I feel they are moving too quickly and endangering the lives of their cast. Many things need to be changed to help make it a lot safer place to work.
Pros
Great pay depending on your role, health insurance
Cons
Safety post Covid-19
I liked working for Walt Disney World. Unfortunately with COVID 19 and my 24 years with Walt Disney World, it's time for me to move on and take all the positivity that I learned with me.
Benefits
Overall, I would highly recommend them as a company to work for. In some areas they have strict policies (nothing less than what you would expect if you have been to the parks) and I’m sure that your experience can vary depending on your exact location, but speaking from my own experience, I have nothing but great things to say. I had a schedule that gave me the hours I needed but still allowed for me do you have a good balance, I had great coworkers, great experiences with upper levels of management, and genuinely looked forward to going to work
Pros
Scheduling, positive environment, opportunities to cross-train or for promotion
Cons
You are a small fish in a big company
All my life I’ve wanted to work for Disney. Unfortunately I have come to learn that you will become very overworked for this company and underpaid. No talk about advancing. You’re working out in the sun with no shade in a very hot costume, while management is sitting in their air conditioned office. In Florida at nearly 100 degree temps, wearing a dark heavy uniform in the sun should NOT be the go to. It’s exhausting and can’t take it much longer. Also very upset that Disney doesn’t offer maternity leave, they pay bonding time for a lousy 3 weeks and the rest is up to the employee.. Crazy whenever you as a woman are recommend to be home for at least 6 weeks with your baby to allow tome to heal. For a big company that makes a ton of money, you should be offering 6-12 weeks paid maternity leave.. There’s just not enough benefits or perks that are worth working here long term.
Cons
Hot costumes! 3 wks maternity leave, needs to be longer.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
First of all, let me start with THIS IS WALT DISNEY WORLD. This by far is not a work experience like any other. This is the happiest place on Earth......for the guests and employees who can understand the value of what the company offers verse actual pay. Mind you, I was part of the WDW College Internship Program and paid only Minimum wage, the benefits and perks included within my employment made this job above and beyond any other. WDW requires accountability, attendance, and a positive attitude that REQUIRES that any and all personal affairs be left at home or at the door when you arrive. Your employment here is solely about the quality of the experience of the guests. Mind you WDW does take exceptional care of their employees. The culture is amazing, management is far above others in being their for advancement and understanding, but it is very much a 2 way street. If you can meet these and more guidelines, you will absolutely love it here. If not, you may want to consider something else as you would not like to have a Fortune 500 company on your resume yet not be able to refer them to your new hiring coordinator because you left on negative terms.
Pros
discounts, park tickets, bargain priced merchandise, company supplied transportation, free business classes that transfer to other schools, seeing the pure joy on a child's face.
Cons
Not much foot room for attendance issues. Inability to request major holidays off
I applied to Disney World on a whim after getting an opportunity to move to Florida I was surprised that I was literally hired on the spot after my interview! It was the only job I ever had where I never complained about having to go to work It wasn’t a job, it was a dream come true!
You have your relaxed moments and your face-paced moments working for the Walt Disney Company, but overall it is a great environment to work in and you really do find yourself enjoying work which is what motivates you to go to work every day.
Pros
free drinks
I can't imagine that working at Disney is so much fun and exciting each and every day. There are many chances to interacting with customers. Apart from that, you are the one to make their every moment like Magical, Magical place on the earth.
Amazing place to work! One of the best years of my life. The experience you will gain working at a company like Walt Disney is like none other. Nothing but good things to say!
Unless you don'e mind favoritism being at all time high, don't work here. Definitely don't work custodial at the current procedure. No organization with the iphones handing out assignments
I was the grates experience that I could have ask for. I would go back to work with an amazing company. They gave me the opportunity to learn new things.
Making magic is a hard thing not to love. I was on the lowest tier of employees which is where your life pretty much consists of working in your location, but part/full timers were given a decent amount of flexibility. I would happily return.
Mucha interacción con el público y mucho aprendizaje constante.
I just need to make ends meet. unemployment sucks. I cant lose my necessities. Will need work until other job opens up. Thank you for the time. Enjoy the rest of the day.
I absolutely love my job at Walt Disney World Resort. I work at ESPN Wide World of Sports and I just love it very much! I love helping people and being the reason people walk away with a positive experience and a smile. I hope my career at Disney continues to grow over time
Working for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin was a great experience. It was also fast paced with tasks that varied daily keeping is fresh and interesting.
Ottima esperienza di crescita lavorativa e personale.
All the perks and benefits of working for Disney are great. Like any kind of job management is not bad depending on what department you get into. Where the real downfall is is that there are not nearly enough opportunities for growth and upward movement.
Experience will help you get your foot in the door, but no prior experience counts for advancement within the company. Your resume effectively becomes worthless unless there's Disney related experience on it. Management is helpful and will try to do what they can and answer any questions you may have. The company will pay for college which is a big pro, and access to the parks on your free time as a guest is always appreciated. Especially if you're a family person.
I could write multiple essays on my experience working for the Walt Disney Company. I've never enjoyed a job so much, and felt as important to the operation of something as I did working here. I hope I can join them again someday.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney World Resort. Our community is ready to answer.