Walt Disney World Resort Employee Reviews

It is okay
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2019
Working for Disney was okay, not much room for advancement or if you want to train and move to another department while going to school they are not flexible
I do not recommend this place.
Food and Beverage Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2019
They have no respect for you and your needs. You get overworked and the pay rate is not worth it. You also get in trouble with management all the time.
Disney was a fun job to work at.
Merchandise Host (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLFloridaApril 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at Disney. I made a lot of new friends all over the world. You get free passes for you and your family or friends, and to take to the parks and you can use your pass to get into most of the Disney world around the world.
Great Job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
Disney was very exciting but eventually the magic fades away. It's nice to get the respect from everyone and to get to meet so many new people from all over the world.
No personal review
Security Host Foremen (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 15, 2019
The co workers are great. Offer great benefits.
You get 16 free park visits per year for your family. They cover 50% of orthodontist care for adults if you get the best dental insurance.
At Christmas time they give you coupons for 30, 40 & 50% of dining. Special discounts on Dinsy Merchandise.
Love Disney!
Seater (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2019
Great place to work! There is always a place/position here thats best suited for you. There are plenty of opportunities here, the benefits are great and the people are awesome. Definitely recommend!
Pros
Cons
Can be stressful amd slightly overwhelming at times
Fun workplace
General Teller (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2019
The hardest part of the job is the different languages you come in contact with daily. But you can make this an opportunity to learn different languages as well.
Being a character was the best
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2019
The job was hectic, but enjoyable. It's an incredible feeling when you receive fan gifts for the character you may be performing as that day. Had my personal circumstances been better, perhaps I would have allowed myself to have more fun.
Pros
full healthcare coverage; full park access
Cons
wild hours; really exhausting work
Happiest Place on Earth
Lifeguard Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2019
The company provides many opportunities for advancement however, if you are unsatisfied with your job, you have to wait a minimum of 6 months to switch positions.
Such a fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2019
This was my favorite job ever. It was a College Program. It was the greatest job I ever had. I wish I could go back. Loved putting smiles on people's faces.
A dream of mine come true
Food & Beverage Director - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2019
I have always wanted to work for this company and finally I had the chance. Within a year I went from hourly to leadership, amen. Many growth opportunities and a hire-within philosophy that is great. Pay is no big deal but benefits are great
Fun time
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2019
Working at Disney was one of the most fun jobs I ever had. It was great pay and enough to go to college at the same time. I would so recommend this experience.
Amazing
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2019
Working at Walt Disney World was the most rewarding and eye opening job I've ever had. Though I worked in food and beverage, I was able to improve so many skills (communication, for example) and was supported throughout my entire program.
Pros
Free entry to all the parks, discounts
Cons
not very flexible, strict
Difficult
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 29, 2019
Constantly dealing with difficult guests and safety issues with minimal training. Some roles are different and give you 2 weeks to get comfortable. My role put us out there alone on day 4. I was always dealing with coworkers who did not want to work and managers who did nothing.
Pros
discount on merchandise, free entrance to the parks
Cons
awful managers, long hours sometimes, not enough hours, and awful cafeterias
It is sometimes fun, but be wary of the College Program
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2019
Working at Disney World was great only sometimes. As a College Program worker, we received no benefits yet we were made to work as many hours as they wanted us to work. It is normal to find a CP working 60 hours every week. If we are dissatisfied with our schedules, the likely result is termination. If we are unhappy about anything and want a change, the likely result is termination. It is great to be able to go to the parks anytime we want, and we take advantage of it. And many people dream of working for Disney. But it feels often as though the company is taking advantage of these people and abusing them to get the most production out of them.
Disney College Program
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Walt Disney World Resort for the DCP. I made amazing, life-long friends and was able to spend time at the happiest and most magical place on Earth.

A typical day was fast paced and energetic. I would see thousands of guests beginning and ending their days at Disney and how the smallest of things can bring magic to their time at Walt Disney World.

I learned to be a team member, and to take everyday as a gift that I was bringing people joy and happiness. I also learned to make every moment count because happiness is just a state of mind.

Overall, the workplace and management for my role was top notch. Everyone got along well and cared for each others safety. Older cast members were always willing to help younger or newer ones learn the ropes.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with cranky or unwelcoming guests who don't want to follow the rules of the parking lot. But it was overshadowed and minuscule compared to the joy of watching a little girl or boy walk into Disney for the first time and how their eyes light up.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2019
WDW is a good place to work with great benefits. Work hard and make sure to advance as the pay does top out in many positions after 5 years. The culture and social benefits at WDW are unlike any other.
Pros
Great work environment, great benefits.
Cons
Low pay in operations.
awesome
Quick food (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2019
This is a dream come true. Working in this magical place was a great opportunity that lived up to everything that I would have expected. Great times and learned a ton.
nothing special
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2019
It's a corporation, Money is their only concern. You, your family and everyone else means nothing if you are not bring in the money. All Cast members are a drain on profits.
Pros
better the average pay
Cons
Leadership
A Role For Everyone
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 26, 2019
The Walt Disney Company has a job for everyone. Typical work day involved interactions with many people. There was room for more flexibility in my job - but it was not seen that way - and that is ok. There is a reason for everything I suppose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney World Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3