WALTER P MOORE Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
new experience
CADD Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
when I started working at Walter P moore it was in a new discipline for me and they helped me learn it and I taught them micro-station, since at the time they had no one in that department who knew it. It was a good group of people and a very professional atmosphere.
Hated this job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
This was internship at my high school but was not worth it. I was working 20 hrs every two weeks. Was located in downtown houston and it took 1 hr to get there and 1hr to get back home
Fun, friendly work environment and great atmosphere with coworkers and interns.
Intern l (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
A typical day here consisted of working with a mentor and other interns in meetings where concept designs were created, discussed, and evaluated. The environment here gave me the opportunity to learn and increase skills such as time-management and critical thinking. The most enjoyable part here is that it gave you the opportunity to take a leadership role to achieve group and individual goals.
Pros
Mentorship, training, overall environment
Cons
no cons to this experience
Great Working Environment
Human Resources and Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
The building is located in Downtown Houston, and it is part of the Houston Center. What I love most about the company is that the people working there are very knowledgeable at what they do, and that the company encourages an active yet enjoyable working environment.
Inspiring and motivating workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Work at Walter P Moore is inspiring and motivating. Employees are weekly trained on there specific designs skills or market knowledge. Seniors/Principals are easily approachable.
Pros
Good trainings and benefits
Creative workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Was a very creative and interesting place to work. Always something exciting going on and the projects that came though the office were fun and exciting to be a part of.
Positive first experience in engineering
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Very nice office with opportunities to work with others in and out of the office. Interns may correspond with persons from public works, txDOT, and AT&T as well as see the work in the field.
It's great
Parking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
The work environment is wonderful. My team is amazing. We work together flawlessly. The opportunity to advance in this field is very good.
Pros
Compensation
advancement is almost impossible
Civil and Hydraulic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Not the best place to work in.
You can come up with unique solutions to problems time and time again and each time watch as others take credit for your work and let you know they will do so
Pros
cretivity is punished !!!
Cons
supervisiors telling you they will take credit for your creativity is common
Excellent engineering firm
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2014
Each day is different. It is a fast-paced environment and requires the ability to be flexible and change priorities. Deadlines can be very short and clients demanding. I have learned to work well under pressure and to take orders from multiple bosses.

The most difficult part of the position is not always having enough hours in a day. As a can-do person, this can be frustrating.

I enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Paid parking and great benefits package
Cons
Sometimes no lunch breaks and work more than 45 hours a week
Great Company where career advancement is their #1 priority
PARKING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2012
Walter P Moore cares about their employees. they show this with profit sharing, pay raises, various seminars, meetings, luncheons and in office entertainment. There are long work days, but accomplishments are celebrated. Unfortunately the company relies heavily on major construction projects, so they suffered during the recession.