Walters & Wolf

Walters & Wolf Employee Reviews

United States61 reviews

Walters & Wolf insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Ok

Pay & benefitsYearly raise if your luckyJob security and advancementWhen business is slow they'll lay you off without noticeManagementBuddy buddy systemCultureCrayons and water coloring is needed for trainingOverallIt was a ok place to work. If you liked being treated like a child all the time. They expect you to triple check everything cause nobody can read. You'll get a yearly raise if your lucky.

Decent

Decent place to work at. I heard the shop foreman got replaced by someone a little more diligent so that might be a solid plus. I didn't mind my time there.

Walters & Wolf inspires their people to add value to their customers by continuously improving and eliminating waste.

I have worked at Walters & Wolf for 14 years and while there have been ups and downs I would say I am achieving my career goals and having fun while doing it. The company asks a lot out of their people and their managers and in return we all find our career success. This truly is a company my family is proud to be a part of.

Boy club, favoritism runs rampant in every department.?¿

No a good company to work for. Toxic environment of made employee acting lime you are a price of trash. It is like you are not to be part of the work together environment.

Pros

You are given a chair and a desk to do work.

Cons

Bad insurance coverage. Bonuses, that is a Joke.

Pretty good place to work.

I worked for Walters and wolf as a shop fabricator and in the time i was there i learned a lot when it came to fabricating different parts. I struggled a little bit at first but thankfully i had an understand supervisor who was willing to show me the correct procedures to get things done. I feel my time spent at Walters and wolf helped me grow as a person in both my personal and professional life.

Pros

Decent benefits such as 401k health insurance and a Christmas party at the end of the year.

Cons

Coworkers who liked to gossip.

Great job

I enjoyed the many years I spent here and I learned a lot of what I know now because of this company and the Forman’s in charge! Do what you need to do and there won’t be an issue!

Pros

Staff and foremans

Cons

Layoffs

Ppl are decent upper management needs a lot of work

Watch your back and keep your head down and work. They're all about production and if you have any complaints they go unanswered or fall on deaf ears. God forbid you call in sick once and it's to the chopping block you go.

Pros

Good way to break into the construction industry

Cons

Management team, people out for themselves and no teamwork

Sense of pride when job is done

I have worked on and off for this company for 8 years and I have a great sense of pride when a building is completed and I know I had a big part in it

These ratings are based on the 4.5 years of employment.

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. My job provided an opportunity to learn about the construction industry, its projects and services and the application of Lean concepts and process improvements. The benefits are great and they are committed to life work balance. It was a fun place to work! I miss it and my coworker's.

Pros

Executive Management cares about bgg their employees.

Cons

Layoffs - were due to Corona virus.

Great place to start your glazing career. Great training Great union

This company has a great culture and training program. They're always having pizza parties for lunch and company picnics so you can bring your family. Youll be proud of the work you accomplish there.

Pros

Great benefits Great training

Cons

There's so many new hires your going to have to work hard to stand out

Expectation

If you are experienced and want advancement. They will use you where they need until you realize that it will not Happen. Benefits where great but it’s not enough if you’re ambitious.

Fast paced, lots of work and lots to learn

I had never worked in construction before so everything was new to me except the purchasing of course. I enjoy the challenges I face on a daily basis. I learned how to read drawings and how to order from drawings. The only downfall is I drive across the whole valley everyday to and from work.

Great job

Great job for someone young trying to get a career started with flexible hours good pay and good people with experience and no judgement in a safe working environment

Pretty good work life balance. Compensation too low

As the title states this company has a solid work/life balance, however, they pay their inside office employees, specifically their project managers too low considering the state of the current local market.

It’s a great place to learn

You’re given plenty great opportunities to learn something new, and are even given the opportunity to go to classes over the weekend to earn certifications.

Productive and great learning experience

Check in with Supervisor. Spend the next 15mn going over the job plan for the day. Take another 5mn to stretch and get ready for the day. Do inspection on all your tools, listen to O.S.H.A. speak. Put gear on and start putting together, cleaning, and installing windows. Hand signals and eyes for crane operator.

I worked there in 2015 for 3 months

Bad management Attitudes are stuck in a time warp. If you like the ol good ol boys network, youll like working here. Pros: if you need manufacturing experience. And need metal experience as in aluminum this is a good place which could then lead to better places.

Assembly line

The people there working are good they show you well but just for me the pay wasn't enough for my living. Theres good culture there I personally loved working there but just my pay wasn't enough for me.

Great learning experience

Walters and Wolf Construction is a very productive,interactive,great place to learn and a great place to work. Great interaction with all levels of personal, management and with the owners. Everybody looking out for each other and the company.This company is willing to train people with little to no experience at all in the glazing industry.

fast paced and friendly work environment

Safety was always a priority at Walters and Wolf. I worked with great team members and our supervisors were very understanding. The job was hard work, but rewarding.

Considerate employers

Employee morale seemed like a priority, little things like bi-monthly catered luncheons and bi-monthly potlucks, free drinks, weekly fruit deliveries. Flexible with family situations.

Pros

free drinks, free fruit. offered cfrossfit and yoga classes at lunch

Cons

low pay

Common questions about Walters & Wolf

Answered by current and former employees at Walters & Wolf

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walters & Wolf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.7
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
1.7Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight