Walther Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2018
The 1's are angry ex employees that couldn't hang. This is a family environment job. You're home every other day for about 6 months. Home daily for the other 6. You stay in nice hotels. Not the Marriot but not a Motel 666. Usually They leave the lights on so the bugs don't come out.
Great cheap BCBS health insurance, dental, vision after I believe 1 month. I pay approximately $275 for the entire family, 401k that they'll match up to 4.5 % if you put in 5%. 10 days of vacation after a year. 5 of which you can take after 6 months. 5 sick days.
New trucks every 3 years. Automatic transmissions that are great in traffic. Detainment time after an hour of waiting. Never left stranded on the side of the road. .45 cents p/m I believe. Perhaps more for experience. Paid all your mileage weekly and .03 cents per mile bonus paid on the miles driven every quarter.
All new companies have growing pain in the beginning but we've learned and adapted.
Additionally there is extra money to be made if you work in the yard when needed. Average starting yearly full time salary is probably $50,000 and up. I work more so I make more.
No touch, sit on your butt and go. Easiest OTR job out there. We have different runs all day and night.
Pros
Quality of life
Cons
Whiners that expect the unrealistic
good people to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJanuary 12, 2018
was a very good place to work,it had good people and friendly enviroment,i loved working there the job was fairly easy and the machines did most the work.
walthers farms
Line Sorter (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 27, 2017
typical day was a littler slow. i learned that sometimes it can take my whole day up. the hardest part was working outside in the cold. the best part was making extra hours when something broke down.
Nepotism Rules
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2017
If you’re not related to or besties with management then good luck to ya. They hired my boss’ boss’ wife to run things and because I shared my struggles in trying to deal with this new extremely high strung personality in our, what used to be chill low key, everyone helps one another and works together environment, I was asked to leave. I would have left eventually anyway But still. Keep your mouth shut till you have another job. >_<
Pros
Nothin
Cons
Nepotism
It was a good first job and it gave me good experiences.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ross township, OhioJuly 5, 2017
Walther farms was a positive work environment that gave good experience for those who are just starting to enter the work field. Although it is only open during the summer, those who cannot work during the other seasons, or those who have another job to attend to would benefit from it.
Fast paced work place/ safety and then fun!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cass City, MIDecember 5, 2016
Full days of work non stop flow, decent breaks equality between employees. Hard labor safety was a strong and effective rule from management clean potatoes were always great
Pros
Equal opportunity and Random Lunch from the Farm was always great!
Cons
On calls(Rare) but happened due to Weather
Typical lieing truck driver company
Truck Driver/Transportation Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2016
The pay is accurate at 39 cents a mile.
They run you 6.5 days a weeks for a total of 3000 miles but only pay you for 2100miles and put the other miles in a "bank" that supposely pay you quarterly but last quarter guess who got paid their bank miles YOU GUESSED IT NOONE ! MANAGEMENT are all farmers who have no clue on how to run a transporataion business The dispatcher is a lier and disrespecful and hides it from his supervisor and will talk about you behind you back and smile in your face and lie on you to upper management to run loads for him. All the equipiment are being worn down management uses your "Bank miles " to fuel and half fix the trucks so they can keep their bonus. They will leave you on the side of the road for hours maybe a day or two
home/life balance You can forget it KISS your family goodbye after signing on with them
and i heard that the head of trasportation quit randomly you know this place sucks stay away!!!!!
Pros
cheap benefits ..You get what you pay for
Cons
Nothing really
Fun people to work with
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 1, 2013
You work muscles you never realized you had. Sorting out everything from the potatoes. Management and co-workers were a blast to be around.
Cons
Learned a lot in a summer internship
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJuly 16, 2012
I went to Michigan for a internship growing potatoes for Lays. I learned a lot and had great people to work with and a wonderful boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walther Farms. Our community is ready to answer.