Wang Laboratories Employee Reviews

I learned so much at this company.
Regional Software Support Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 13, 2018
The computer skills learned at Wang prepared me for a successful career with the companies for whom I have been fortunate to be employed. It wall started with Storage Technology and Wang Labs as my training ground.
kidding right?
Sustaining Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 12, 2018
Wang Laboratories filed for bankruptcy protection in August 1992. After emerging from bankruptcy, the company eventually changed its name to Wang Global. Wang Global was acquired by Getronics of The Netherlands in 1999, becoming Getronics North America, then was sold to KPN in 2007 and CompuCom in 2008, after which it no longer existed as a distinct brand or division.
Wang labs is not in business anymore
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 9, 2018
This company is no longer a company.There is really nothing more to say. It went bankrupt in the 90's. just trying to fill up space here . Thank you for reading this review .
Pros
good place to work
Cons
company went bankrupt in the 90's
Good Company
Collector - Business to Business (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 31, 2018
Nice company to work for, Very professional.
The company went of business and I was laid off. They provided a good severance package for those who remained longer after the company closed.
Pros
Progressive Company
Cons
The company closed
Funancial reporting
Financial Analyst - Direct responsibility (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRJune 21, 2018
Prepare financial report for monthly package to Corporate. Budget, forecating. Direct supervision of AP funtions and personnel. Work with reconciliation and tagging of long term assest.
Pros
Growing fast pace organization
the company is out of business
Sustaining Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Wang Labs no longer exists. when it did, it was excellent to work there, great people, common goals and vision. Like many hi-tech companies, it eventually failed
wang
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
excellent company to work for with great benefits & salary. great co-workers, great hours. great stock option plans. overall this was a great company to work for with an open door policy.learned lots of leadership skills. learned how to audit an account & do billing
Pros
job
Cons
expense
The company does not exist any more
Systems Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 14, 2018
It was a god place to work being at the forefront of the PC explosion.The people were good to work with and I learned alot. It was alot of fun working there.
Pros
It was a good place to work
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
District Telecommunications Software Support (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYFebruary 12, 2018
As telecommunication field support for Long Island my clients included major companies. My duties included software and hardware support, analysis and resolution.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Wang Closed
Statistical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 31, 2018
This was a great company for career advancement great peers and benefits. This was a great company that you were given the chance for career advancement.
Management was supportive and would help with career advancement plans
Benefits
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Worked here in the early 1980's. What started as a family owned business with a great atmosphere turned into a huge corporation that started making very bad business decisions which eventually led to its downfall.
Pros
Cons
No longer exists
Company Out of Business
Junior Programmer to Software Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 18, 2017
Wang has been out of business for many years. I enjoyed my time there and had lot's of opportunities. I wish it had stayed open and successful. That is all.
Not sure if they are still around
Regional Support Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
I am not sure if Wang is still around, but if they are, any comments I would make would be about a company from 20 years ago, but this application forces me to file out a review.
My first job in the computer world
Administrative Secretary - Financial District (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
This was my first job working in the computer industry. I learn to love to type on computer. The workforce was selling computer product all around the world. Working at Wang taught me to be successful in FileNet. Working with sale people a rush of knowledge for me. I enjoy my time there.
Pros
Cons
That they close down.
Company closed
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
Work the warehouse the company. We repair computer parts for the company and then shipped them to Wang tecs around the country. We also assembled PC for a while but company closed
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Company closed
Exciting place to work
Computer application instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2017
Wang Labs was on the cutting edge of Word Processing application. It was a fun and vibrant place to be with young and enthusiastic co-workers who were excited about our computer application products.

I really enjoyed my travel schedule as the company sent me to various locations in Missouri, Illinois and Indiana. I had a wonderful time training for this company.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the company lose ground due to Microsoft and other computer companies taking over the industry. It was difficult to say good-bye to wonderful friends and co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers, beautiful offices, top notch training facilities.
Ambiente de trabajo cómodo, tranquilo y seguro
Group Leader - Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRJanuary 21, 2017
Mi primera experiencia en la industria privada.
Excelente trabajo, estaba realizando lo que estudié.
Demostré todo los conocimientos aprendido de la computadora en diversas áreas, disco, memoria, CPU, Puertos Paralelo y Serie.
Reparación constante en los equipos computarizados y en ocasiones en las unidades de Power Supply
Aprendí a reparar computadoras de la línea Mcintosh
Horario cómodo de 8:00 a 3:00pm
Constante comunicación en cualquier dirección, mayormente hacia arriba.
Documentaba los equipos que reparaba.
Cuando no había que reparar, nos manteníamos en una área pequeña leyendo libros o buscando información de los nuevos equipos y piezas.
Asignaba equipos a los compañeros y les entregaba las piezas que solicitaban.
Pros
Excelente trabajo
Cons
La compañía cerró operaciones
First contract out of college
Customer Support Center Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
This is the first of many contracts that I took to build my skillset and tenure in the filed. Many jobs asked for 5+ years of experience, however, I was fresh out of college and that was impossible for a new graduate.
Pros
Learning opportunites
Cons
no healthcare
Multi-tasking as Receptionist
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 22, 2015
Sales Office - on switchboard all day before cell phones and personal computers were available. Purchased office supplies. Managed conference room usage,
Company at its time a great fun company to work for
Asset Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 8, 2015
Management took care of there people. Each day there was always something new happening. Co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
Company Parties and activities