Ward Trucking Employee Reviews

Look at someone wrong and get written up
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Corporate business mentality of giving 1950's ideas for men to do the freight moving , thus injuries happen all the time . Building to work out of is falling apart and is a dump . Company will put money into trucks but not the facility and pay is below average . No 401 match or percentage of ,no overtime . Health ins. out of pocket is so high , you might as well have no ins . .
Pros
Equipment (just recently) (trucks)
Cons
To many to list
Dont come work to here.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia paOctober 4, 2018
They dont put money on your 401k. They don't pay overtime, you work over 60 hrs more. $2000 health insurance deductive family
Linehud 60 cents mile less then 400 miles a day. Over the road , they call it know regional 68 cent no warranty on the miles you will make. is a sucker deal. 27.67 for day work
Pros
Norhing
Cons
Poorer than poor. Forced to work just to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 15, 2018
Never apply or suggest someone else to unless you want them to have a nervous breakdown. Terrible ideas tried. Nobody listens to valued employees. Just show up to collect a check. Loafers are rewarded True story.
Pros
N/a
Cons
This company. Bet.
Poor management
Biller (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 30, 2018
Working at Ward was disappointing. The building is always dirty, everything constantly breaks down, no one listens to one another or tries to help each other out, the drivers get away with almost everything and then everything else is your fault.
Good Company
Casual Office Clerk (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Great experience and great group of people. Very welcoming and there were a lot of team work. Management was great; always had an open door and always willing to listen.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Not much benefits for part-time employees
No home time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 22, 2018
I worked line haul for this company, worst ever job. I would be on the road for 5 or 6 days without getting home. The start time was inconsistent, and depending on what terminal you started at, it was hard getting a hold of someone to find out when you were starting your night.
Pros
Cons
forever on the road
Enjoyed working there
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Family-oriented good place to work understanding family needs recommend anybody Management's understanding uniforms paid vacations just a all-around great place to work
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Work :10 to 12 hours a day
nothing but lies and screamed at
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 4, 2018
If your looking for fairness this would not be the place if you want hours you might as well look for another job.They will hire someone after you and give them the hours you ask for.Very unorganized.
Pros
Cons
everything
Ok
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 30, 2018
No time and half, no retirement, seniority accounts for nothing, no room to advance, feel like just a number and lack of communication is awful, no one seems to know what’s going on in upper management
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Fast paced, high call volume
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly environment and employees. Great incentives. Professional, yet relaxed atmosphere, opportunities to learn new information with a great team.
Pros
Bonus incentives
Good Company to work for
Local P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 13, 2018
I have only been here three months but cannot complain. The workload is good. Pay is hourly and they are giving me the hours that I need to make a decent pay check. You get a raise after 6 months then after your first year. Every once in a while it is slow and may only do 4 days instead of 5, but the fact that I can do a little over 12 hours any given day the week it does not affect me that hard. You get weekends off which is great if you have a family and want to enjoy life. So far I have not had any issues with anyone in Management. It is like a family atmosphere where they treat you with respect and are willing to work with you if you have any issues. I can not comment yet about the benefits because I just became eligible for the Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits this week so I haven't utilized them as of yet. Overall I have to say that I am enjoying working for Ward and I have over 20 years in the industry so this statement says a lot.
Pros
Good hourly pay, Family Benefits, Good Management, Friendly atmosphere, Feel appreciated
Cons
No Cons Yet
Not what I expected...
Logistics Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
I've been here almost 2 years now and it's been challenging at times, but people really listen to you and upper management is just a call away.
A very forward thinking company - some stragglers stuck in the stone age, but things get done here.
Seems like there is a lot of room for advancement.
I didn't have the highest expectations of Ward but it's been 2 years and I couldn't be happier!
Cons
No 401K match. Do profit sharing, but I'd rather have the guaranteed match
Family owned atmosphere.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 22, 2018
Treated you like family and gave you the flexibility to do your job. A lot of room for personal growth but not a lot of room for advancement. A great sell and product.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Family owned
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
You are not a number here. Treated like family. Not that families don't disagree but the company is always willing to listen to both sides.
The company is always recognizing employees for safety, seniority, performance, and wellness.
Pros
Family owned, in business 86 years, never missed a paycheck, profit sharing
productive and safe place to work
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMarch 2, 2018
Loved working for this company. the managment is awesome as well as your co-workers. Fast paced environment with safety first always in effect. Money was generous as is the bonuses. A place where your work is always appreiciated. Your effort will never goe unnoticed.
Great if you dont like your wife or are single
Non CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 10, 2018
long hours between 10-14 hours a day
pay is below average with no ot offered all straight time
management thinks they are above the rules
some newer equipment but a lot of older stuff.
dispatch cant seem to answer a phone call but will text you and tell you don't bother them.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long hours, no advancement. no home life
boot wash
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2018
The job work balance level was bad. I and couldn't believe , there was no 401 k match plan wow. they were unprofessional if you told you boss personal info . It will leak back to you . if you need something fix's it would take all week . the hardest part of the job is there never on time with your route getting loaded up .
its an okay place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  altoona paMarch 8, 2018
its okay place to work, low pay and everyone has at least two jobs but the people are really nice there and the hours are steady. I left due to a very long commute and low wages it no longer made sense to work there because they don't really give good raises.
Great company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
Great company to work for. Fun work environment., but we are also driven to be the best in the trucking/logistics industry.

Ward Trucking is a family owned company that truly respects their employees and their families.
Productive work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2018
What i learned at my job, was how to operate a forklift. Also how to load trailer trucks properly and quickly. The workplace culture there was quick paced and stressful, trucks needed to loaded in a quick a timely fashion.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ward Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.