Ward Trucking Employee Reviews

Fast paced, high call volume
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly environment and employees. Great incentives. Professional, yet relaxed atmosphere, opportunities to learn new information with a great team.
Pros
Bonus incentives
Good Company to work for
Local P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 13, 2018
I have only been here three months but cannot complain. The workload is good. Pay is hourly and they are giving me the hours that I need to make a decent pay check. You get a raise after 6 months then after your first year. Every once in a while it is slow and may only do 4 days instead of 5, but the fact that I can do a little over 12 hours any given day the week it does not affect me that hard. You get weekends off which is great if you have a family and want to enjoy life. So far I have not had any issues with anyone in Management. It is like a family atmosphere where they treat you with respect and are willing to work with you if you have any issues. I can not comment yet about the benefits because I just became eligible for the Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits this week so I haven't utilized them as of yet. Overall I have to say that I am enjoying working for Ward and I have over 20 years in the industry so this statement says a lot.
Pros
Good hourly pay, Family Benefits, Good Management, Friendly atmosphere, Feel appreciated
Cons
No Cons Yet
Not what I expected...
Logistics Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
I've been here almost 2 years now and it's been challenging at times, but people really listen to you and upper management is just a call away.
A very forward thinking company - some stragglers stuck in the stone age, but things get done here.
Seems like there is a lot of room for advancement.
I didn't have the highest expectations of Ward but it's been 2 years and I couldn't be happier!
Cons
No 401K match. Do profit sharing, but I'd rather have the guaranteed match
Great company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
Great company to work for. Fun work environment., but we are also driven to be the best in the trucking/logistics industry.

Ward Trucking is a family owned company that truly respects their employees and their families.
Family owned
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
You are not a number here. Treated like family. Not that families don't disagree but the company is always willing to listen to both sides.
The company is always recognizing employees for safety, seniority, performance, and wellness.
Pros
Family owned, in business 86 years, never missed a paycheck, profit sharing
its an okay place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  altoona paMarch 8, 2018
its okay place to work, low pay and everyone has at least two jobs but the people are really nice there and the hours are steady. I left due to a very long commute and low wages it no longer made sense to work there because they don't really give good raises.
boot wash
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2018
The job work balance level was bad. I and couldn't believe , there was no 401 k match plan wow. they were unprofessional if you told you boss personal info . It will leak back to you . if you need something fix's it would take all week . the hardest part of the job is there never on time with your route getting loaded up .
productive and safe place to work
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMarch 2, 2018
Loved working for this company. the managment is awesome as well as your co-workers. Fast paced environment with safety first always in effect. Money was generous as is the bonuses. A place where your work is always appreiciated. Your effort will never goe unnoticed.
Productive work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2018
What i learned at my job, was how to operate a forklift. Also how to load trailer trucks properly and quickly. The workplace culture there was quick paced and stressful, trucks needed to loaded in a quick a timely fashion.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Working hours
Great if you dont like your wife or are single
Non CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 10, 2018
long hours between 10-14 hours a day
pay is below average with no ot offered all straight time
management thinks they are above the rules
some newer equipment but a lot of older stuff.
dispatch cant seem to answer a phone call but will text you and tell you don't bother them.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long hours, no advancement. no home life

Want to know more about Ward Trucking?

Ask a question
Average freight dock
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Average freight dock. Fast paced work environment with set amount of work and set amount of time to get it done. Worst part is dealing with the weather.
Company extorts money from their employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 3, 2017
Mandatory Wellness testing they called voluntary if you don't do it you are fined $800 if you're an individual if you're married and neither of you submit to their blood work test you would be fined $1,600. I will leave this company as I will not work for somebody who extorts money from their employees don't ever work for Ward Trucking the worst trucking company on the planet
Pros
Cons
Extortion
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 30, 2017
work was at a reasonable pace. The learning opportunities were endless. There were always challenges and new problems that required you to use general problem solving skills.
Not orgamized at all
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
Managers and supervisors were cool. There is no organization what so ever. This place is a mess (Bensalem terminal) freight is damaged on a daily without a care. Trucks are loaded very dangerously and incorrectly.. coming from supervisor when he tell you to do something that you know isn't right.
Pros
Very well compensated
Cons
No breaks (on dock) disorganized
Good family run company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2017
Worked on the team years ago, but the culture was positive. Minimal bureaucracy and company was trying to grow while keeping customers satisfied and meet their needs.
decline to comment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 27, 2017
I really have nothing to comment on. There where good times and bad times. It is a good place for those who want to work hard and take pride in what they do.
Pros
Plenty of work No layoffs
Cons
Plenty of work
Great job
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 17, 2017
When the economy had crashed a few years back is when the truckload division for ward went downhill but the LTL division is still going good today .....
Pros
Easy work....Assigned Trucks
Cons
Not enough work .........trying to make people work 6 days
ward trucking
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 10, 2017
this is a good place to work if you are a single person, it's hard to schedule personal things with family though. the Easton terminal has a good bunch of guys and they try to promote teamwork.
Good Pay. Great Benefits. Lack of Work/Life Balance
CDL B P&D DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 11, 2017
Management is better than co workers. Great job if your single or willing to sacrifice social life. Reliable company, hard work is definitely rewarded.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Work/Life Balance AT ALL
Family Owned
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 26, 2017
They are a family owned company. Always strive for better solutions and goals. good Coworkers. Management could do a little better. Yearly pay raises (if you meet target goal for the company).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ward Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.