Ward Trucking Management reviews

Lousy Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harmarville, PAFebruary 9, 2019
Upper management is abrasive and out of touch with reality.
All employees subjected to excessive hours. No time and a half for dockworkers or drivers. Salaried employees paid for 10 hrs but routinely forced to work 11-12 hours.

Morale is very low, every one hates being there it seems.

If you need money then take take a job here, but I would pass this company up if you can.
Pros
salary is ok
Cons
too many to list
look elswhere for a job
line haul driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 4, 2019
family owned company. New management hired has produced a very low moral among workers. this used to be a great place to work. there is no retirement money, no sick days no time and a half
and they make the rules up as they go
Pros
paid well
Cons
no retirement bad upper management
Fast-paced work place.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 29, 2019
I genuinely enjoyed this job. I have learned how work in stressful environments, and handle responsibilities as a worker. Other part-time jobs have been extremely laid back for me. I enjoy the challenge on a daily basis. management is excellent.
Poor management
Biller (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 30, 2018
Working at Ward was disappointing. The building is always dirty, everything constantly breaks down, no one listens to one another or tries to help each other out, the drivers get away with almost everything and then everything else is your fault.
Poorer than poor. Forced to work just to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 15, 2018
Never apply or suggest someone else to unless you want them to have a nervous breakdown. Terrible ideas tried. Nobody listens to valued employees. Just show up to collect a check. Loafers are rewarded True story.
Pros
N/a
Cons
This company. Bet.
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 17, 2018
fast paced, nice atmosphere, great co-workers, great management. Hardest part when all phone lines are ringing, customer complaints are the worst when you have no control of their shipment. Most enjoyable part going to work. I never minded going into work, co-workers fun, outgoing. Manager is fair to everyone
Pros
co-workers
Cons
little room for advancement
Enjoyed working there
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Family-oriented good place to work understanding family needs recommend anybody Management's understanding uniforms paid vacations just a all-around great place to work
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Work :10 to 12 hours a day
Good Company
Casual Office Clerk (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Great experience and great group of people. Very welcoming and there were a lot of team work. Management was great; always had an open door and always willing to listen.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Not much benefits for part-time employees
Ok
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 30, 2018
No time and half, no retirement, seniority accounts for nothing, no room to advance, feel like just a number and lack of communication is awful, no one seems to know what’s going on in upper management
Pros
Equipment
Cons
nothing but lies and screamed at
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 4, 2018
If your looking for fairness this would not be the place if you want hours you might as well look for another job.They will hire someone after you and give them the hours you ask for.Very unorganized.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Company to work for
Local P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 13, 2018
I have only been here three months but cannot complain. The workload is good. Pay is hourly and they are giving me the hours that I need to make a decent pay check. You get a raise after 6 months then after your first year. Every once in a while it is slow and may only do 4 days instead of 5, but the fact that I can do a little over 12 hours any given day the week it does not affect me that hard. You get weekends off which is great if you have a family and want to enjoy life. So far I have not had any issues with anyone in Management. It is like a family atmosphere where they treat you with respect and are willing to work with you if you have any issues. I can not comment yet about the benefits because I just became eligible for the Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits this week so I haven't utilized them as of yet. Overall I have to say that I am enjoying working for Ward and I have over 20 years in the industry so this statement says a lot.
Pros
Good hourly pay, Family Benefits, Good Management, Friendly atmosphere, Feel appreciated
Cons
No Cons Yet
Not what I expected...
Logistics Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
I've been here almost 2 years now and it's been challenging at times, but people really listen to you and upper management is just a call away.
A very forward thinking company - some stragglers stuck in the stone age, but things get done here.
Seems like there is a lot of room for advancement.
I didn't have the highest expectations of Ward but it's been 2 years and I couldn't be happier!
Cons
No 401K match. Do profit sharing, but I'd rather have the guaranteed match
Great if you dont like your wife or are single
Non CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 10, 2018
long hours between 10-14 hours a day
pay is below average with no ot offered all straight time
management thinks they are above the rules
some newer equipment but a lot of older stuff.
dispatch cant seem to answer a phone call but will text you and tell you don't bother them.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long hours, no advancement. no home life
Company extorts money from their employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 3, 2017
Mandatory Wellness testing they called voluntary if you don't do it you are fined $800 if you're an individual if you're married and neither of you submit to their blood work test you would be fined $1,600. I will leave this company as I will not work for somebody who extorts money from their employees don't ever work for Ward Trucking the worst trucking company on the planet
Pros
Cons
Extortion
Not orgamized at all
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
Managers and supervisors were cool. There is no organization what so ever. This place is a mess (Bensalem terminal) freight is damaged on a daily without a care. Trucks are loaded very dangerously and incorrectly.. coming from supervisor when he tell you to do something that you know isn't right.
Pros
Very well compensated
Cons
No breaks (on dock) disorganized
Good Pay. Great Benefits. Lack of Work/Life Balance
CDL B P&D DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 11, 2017
Management is better than co workers. Great job if your single or willing to sacrifice social life. Reliable company, hard work is definitely rewarded.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Work/Life Balance AT ALL
Family Owned
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 26, 2017
They are a family owned company. Always strive for better solutions and goals. good Coworkers. Management could do a little better. Yearly pay raises (if you meet target goal for the company).
Good pay, great benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 22, 2017
The management puts drivers first - good pay, great benefits, profit sharing checks! Newer equipment and safe conditions. You can make a nice life for yourself here.
Pros
Pay, newer trucks, stable company, weekends off
Cons
long days
plenty of hours with no overtime
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 9, 2017
you are just a number, they let good drivers go. Operations manager who deals with the drivers is horrible, be careful he might spit on you while he's dipping. They need to update operations and fix doors so forklift drivers don't freeze in the winter. Work on damages and injuries like hitting people with the forklifts. Owner seems nice.
Pros
make decent money driving
Cons
no life during week, poor management
Horrible experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 15, 2016
Management is lazy and inconsiderable ward is an absolute disgrace to the trucking industry. Freight is always destroyed, horrible customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ward Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.