Ward Trucking Management reviews

Enjoyed working there
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Family-oriented good place to work understanding family needs recommend anybody Management's understanding uniforms paid vacations just a all-around great place to work
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Work :10 to 12 hours a day
Ok
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 30, 2018
No time and half, no retirement, seniority accounts for nothing, no room to advance, feel like just a number and lack of communication is awful, no one seems to know what’s going on in upper management
Pros
Equipment
Cons
nothing but lies and screamed at
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 4, 2018
If your looking for fairness this would not be the place if you want hours you might as well look for another job.They will hire someone after you and give them the hours you ask for.Very unorganized.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Company to work for
Local P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 13, 2018
I have only been here three months but cannot complain. The workload is good. Pay is hourly and they are giving me the hours that I need to make a decent pay check. You get a raise after 6 months then after your first year. Every once in a while it is slow and may only do 4 days instead of 5, but the fact that I can do a little over 12 hours any given day the week it does not affect me that hard. You get weekends off which is great if you have a family and want to enjoy life. So far I have not had any issues with anyone in Management. It is like a family atmosphere where they treat you with respect and are willing to work with you if you have any issues. I can not comment yet about the benefits because I just became eligible for the Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits this week so I haven't utilized them as of yet. Overall I have to say that I am enjoying working for Ward and I have over 20 years in the industry so this statement says a lot.
Pros
Good hourly pay, Family Benefits, Good Management, Friendly atmosphere, Feel appreciated
Cons
No Cons Yet
Not what I expected...
Logistics Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
I've been here almost 2 years now and it's been challenging at times, but people really listen to you and upper management is just a call away.
A very forward thinking company - some stragglers stuck in the stone age, but things get done here.
Seems like there is a lot of room for advancement.
I didn't have the highest expectations of Ward but it's been 2 years and I couldn't be happier!
Cons
No 401K match. Do profit sharing, but I'd rather have the guaranteed match
Family owned
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2018
You are not a number here. Treated like family. Not that families don't disagree but the company is always willing to listen to both sides.
The company is always recognizing employees for safety, seniority, performance, and wellness.
Pros
Family owned, in business 86 years, never missed a paycheck, profit sharing
Great if you dont like your wife or are single
Non CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 10, 2018
long hours between 10-14 hours a day
pay is below average with no ot offered all straight time
management thinks they are above the rules
some newer equipment but a lot of older stuff.
dispatch cant seem to answer a phone call but will text you and tell you don't bother them.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long hours, no advancement. no home life
Company extorts money from their employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 3, 2017
Mandatory Wellness testing they called voluntary if you don't do it you are fined $800 if you're an individual if you're married and neither of you submit to their blood work test you would be fined $1,600. I will leave this company as I will not work for somebody who extorts money from their employees don't ever work for Ward Trucking the worst trucking company on the planet
Pros
Cons
Extortion
Not orgamized at all
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
Managers and supervisors were cool. There is no organization what so ever. This place is a mess (Bensalem terminal) freight is damaged on a daily without a care. Trucks are loaded very dangerously and incorrectly.. coming from supervisor when he tell you to do something that you know isn't right.
Pros
Very well compensated
Cons
No breaks (on dock) disorganized
Good Pay. Great Benefits. Lack of Work/Life Balance
CDL B P&D DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 11, 2017
Management is better than co workers. Great job if your single or willing to sacrifice social life. Reliable company, hard work is definitely rewarded.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Work/Life Balance AT ALL
Family Owned
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 26, 2017
They are a family owned company. Always strive for better solutions and goals. good Coworkers. Management could do a little better. Yearly pay raises (if you meet target goal for the company).
Good pay, great benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 22, 2017
The management puts drivers first - good pay, great benefits, profit sharing checks! Newer equipment and safe conditions. You can make a nice life for yourself here.
Pros
Pay, newer trucks, stable company, weekends off
Cons
long days
plenty of hours with no overtime
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 9, 2017
you are just a number, they let good drivers go. Operations manager who deals with the drivers is horrible, be careful he might spit on you while he's dipping. They need to update operations and fix doors so forklift drivers don't freeze in the winter. Work on damages and injuries like hitting people with the forklifts. Owner seems nice.
Pros
make decent money driving
Cons
no life during week, poor management
Horrible experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 15, 2016
Management is lazy and inconsiderable ward is an absolute disgrace to the trucking industry. Freight is always destroyed, horrible customer service
Review
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2016
odd working hours,poor organization from management. not the worst place ive worked as far as the job goes, not the best either. all in all not a terrible job but they take a long time of working eccessive hours to offer an employee a full time position
No Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYAugust 3, 2015
Ward trucking was a horrible place to work for, the management was never there, the employees were very lazy or barely even showed up for their shift, no one took that job seriously. The company did so bad that it closed down and went out of business.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrbile place to work for
No Team work
A Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camphill, PaMarch 8, 2015
Mechanic, covered 2nd & all of 3rd shift for 3 years, cant keep mechanics, Road drivers great to work with. Did most of work at night, nothing for dayshift to do , most equipment on road. Supervisors worthless day & night, let trucks & trailers run when serious issues happen with equipment., Hard to get parts after midnight, jury rig to next terminal, night office employees hard to work with, no overtime, all straight time, got to watch your hours or they will screw you out of time. Main shop cant fix the issues to trucks you send back, they just steam them off most of time & run it till they blow up, NOT a very safe place to work ! Shop & Dock from 1930's, no upgrades, Id suggest going else where, to much stress, Senior Brass keep money to themselves, dont share, If you have any brains you will look elseware, Mechanic, 35 years experience, i woke up & moved on !
Pros
Lots of screw off time if your not wanting to work like most
Cons
Fast paced, eat at tool box, worthless management
if you have any self respect, stay away.
straight truck driver (Current Employee) –  bensalem, paJanuary 24, 2015
Management could care less about people w/families. My wife went into labor so I called to tell the main manager I needed the day off and I was told that if I wanted to work there I would have to be there and I had to make a choice, I thought it was a joke .dispatchers text your cell phone while driving and get upset when you dont text them back (while you are driving).. they will keep u on the road until midnight because they dont pay overtime. You have to load your own truck before route, work 12 hrs on the road and then unload your truck while dodging unqualified forklift drivers. Very cheep they dont equip u with safe or proper equipment to perform your job and do not pay time and a half after 40hrs. Everybody is expendable, drivers come and go. A guy was fired when they accused him of not reporting an accident to the company, no police report, citation or any proof that an accident occurred just an anonymous email, a week before christmas. Most disrespectful and unprofessional management ive ever seen(only in movies).
Pros
all the class b drivers talk about better places to work, so theres hope
Cons
terrible health insurance plans
Racist and treated unfairly.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  EastonJanuary 22, 2015
I gave Ward my two week notice. They let me go with no notice due to lack of work their is no such thing as lack of work at ward trucking. They make so much by not paying drivers overtime. I was injured and the insurance company they use Sedgwick is very unprofessional and nasty like its your intention to get hurt. They will deny all your claims just so they don't have to pay. This company is very racist. A dispatcher position was available and 2 Latino 1 black and a white person with no knowledge in dispatching applied and the white person was picked for the job, mind you I have 10 years experience in dispatch but since am a Latino they went with a white person with no experience which was one of the requirements in the job description. They also send us minorities to locations where you need a bullet proof vest to make deliveries and pick ups, because shots are fired every night,its the ghetto, in these neighborhoods. Meanwhile the white drivers are in the suburbs eating at Wawa and Sheets enjoying the country scenery, with cows and deers. I would look the other way before working here NO OVERTIME! Expect to work 50 + hours a week or get FIRED!
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Not provided proper equipment to get you job done safely.
You are your own boss
Local Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 27, 2014
You control how you drive and time management. You go in and pickup your truck and trailer for the day. You make pick up and deliveries for the rest of the day. Pretty typical pickup and delivery job. All the other workers were nice. The hardest part was not knowing if you were going to be called in that day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ward Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.