Warehouse Services, Inc Employee Reviews

buen ambiente
Bramli USA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2019
buen lugar para trabajar y muy amables todos los empleadores
Understaffed and under paid
Security clerk / material handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJanuary 29, 2019
In my short career with WSI, I was lied to from the start. I was hired for days and and was told they were switching to 12 hr shift in 2-3 months. A month in an I was switched to 12/hr and nights. The company is full of nepotism and they have the highest turnover rate while keeping the company at minimum staff. The pay rate is the lowest in the area compared to the other warehouses in the area. I unfortunately developed blood clots in my leg and my lung while employed and was terminated while on medical leave. They waited until the day before my 90 day period to term me. If you’re in security like I was you work every holiday while the entire warehouse closes and you will NOT get holiday pay or anything to compensate. Cheap company that doesn’t care about their employees.
Poor training
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington ILJanuary 26, 2019
If you can deal with very POOR TRAINING, UNORGANIZED situations, unpredictable hours, lack of communication and a very stressful environment then WSI in Wilmimgton il is the place for you.

Lack of equipment, system issues, inventory problems are just some of the many frustrations you will face working there.

The site manager and Senior ops manager are the most INCOMPETENT and UNQUALIFIED managers I have ever worked for. They expect to resolve all the issues right from the comfort of their office.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE TO THE MANAGERS: Leave your offices more than twice a year. Talk to your employees on the floor, ask questions, get more involved with the operations, know the facts, stop being so arrogant and do not push training to the back burner.

Between the lack of employees and the HIGH turnover rate expect to work lots of mandatory OVERTIME. Let me warn you; This is not your typical 40hr job.

The benefits are good, 401K, medical, profit sharing, quarterly bonuses. They do a christmas party for the kids.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetent And Unqualified Managers
Great Workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, INOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be bagging powder, using a forklift, building boxes, etc. You can get signed off on different tasks for merit increases. I really enjoy working a rotating shift, it makes it easier for scheduling things on my time off of work. WSI likes to take care of their employees.
Pros
cookouts, benefits, profit sharing, company events
wilmington
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILOctober 18, 2018
I really like my job and my team. Management is nice and they provide a good workplace culture. I look forward to working my way up to being a shift lead one day.
nice company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILOctober 17, 2018
I work at the wilmington warehouse. A typical day is moving tires around or driving fork trucks. The managers and HR are super nice to you and they even give you vending machine money when you start. They catered lunch to us already too since I've been here. You can move up to.
Pros
vending machine money, insurance, bonus
evansville
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 17, 2018
I just got hired in Evansville. It's a pretty easy job overall. The benefits are good and you can move up if you want to. There's some cool bonuses you can get too for perfect attendance and safety bingo.
Pros
benefits, profit sharing plan
It's a joke
Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Stay away, this place has no idea what they are doing. They'll hire anything with a heartbeat just to keep stuff moving. They look down on staff and treat you like you have the plague
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything, even the dirt on the ground gets treated better than employees
could be alot better
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILAugust 16, 2018
they start you out with orientation like any other company after that they try to place you some where in the warehouse usually not the job you want to do just where they need you. so 13 dollars and hour is what you will make unless your throwing tires then you get paid by the weight of the truck. Where you could make good money if you could move enough tires fast enough. but over all some supervisors can be good while some are absolutely horrible and ask way to much and try to intimidate you. so if you cant handle that this job is not for you. most of the warehouse office staff is all related so moving up is very unlikely unless you do some major but kissing. the benefits are the best part about the job blue cross blue shield so theirs that. other then that i could not recommend this company for long term. If your fresh out of highschool and you need your first job would be a great place. Or even if your hurting for money it can help till you find something better. I do have some friends who still work there but most have left and found much better jobs. either way find out for your self enjoy!
Awful Job site to work at.
Raw Material Handler Inner Plant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 15, 2018
I would not recommend this WSI job site in Ottawa IL, for sabic. The pay scale is totally off. You do more than what a warehouse material handler have to do. You’re working at a plant. Backing in your own trailers, and spotting rail cars can be stressful due to the lack of employees. Hearing employees complain. Walkie Talkies not working. Vending machines stealing your money. Bathroom ceilings leaking badly. Scanners don’t properly work on forklifts. Having to work 12hrs shift when you don’t want to. Not only you work around resin and breath it but youalso work in the hot and cold while wearing all your PPE.
Pros
Experience
Cons
12$, 7 days on 2 days off, Nights, Weekends, 12hrs Shift, Resin powder

Want to know more about Warehouse Services, Inc?

Ask a question
Best Job I've Ever Had
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 20, 2018
I started at this company with little experience and have become very educated on how to operate a forklift. Management is always there to help you out and so are your co-workers. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel like I'm in a very safe atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, benefits
Great Company to Work For!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJuly 19, 2018
WSI has a great benefits package along with a fantastic leadership team that makes working for this company a wonderful experience. The culture is very family oriented and the company loves to give back to its employees. Safety is their number one priority and that differentiates them from most other places to work in the area. I am very happy to keep working here at WSI!
Great place to work!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, INJuly 18, 2018
WSI truly cares about their employees. They offer great benefits and several different bonus opportunities. Employees are taken care of - lots of cookouts and quarterly events. WSI also promotes from within, so there is plenty of room for advancement. I highly recommend working for this great company!
Benefits are decent. Management is terrible.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJuly 9, 2018
The health benefits are decent.
The place is ran like a frat house, if you're not one of the frat boys you can be targeted, and if you ask for paperwork to back up their claims, they make excuses and act offended. There is no structure and the motto is pretty much "whatever works for today"
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work overall
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 24, 2017
WSI is a great company to work for if you work hard you can climb the ladder. They do take care of their people and management will usually help you and get you where you need to be job wise. its hard work and sometimes a lot of hours but it wont kill you. Ive learned a lot at WSI. Some aspects of the company I don't agree with such as lay offs and bonus and pay freezes. The Michelin account where I am a supervisor at corvette is currently undergoing a lay off due to a lost account at another company. This is the only reason I would leave the company.
Pros
Management cares about thier employees, benifets
Cons
lay offs
Machine Operator
Material Handler/Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INJune 4, 2017
Hang bags to fill with plastic pellets or powder, tie bags and fork truck to a trailer for shipping. Build boxes for other lines to fill with plastic materials. Load pallets on palletizers. Make labels for each bag or box. Call out/in trailers for loading and shipping.
Family Style Atmosphere
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 10, 2017
Very tight group. Great place to work. Not a lot of locations on the east coast in major cities. Rewarded for good performance. Takes care of their people. Not a number, but a name and face. Growing company.
Pros
Family style atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of locations
Friendly and Helpful employees
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Everyone works as a team. 401K and profit sharing, paid lunches
They keep you busy so the day go by fast. The management team treats you like family
What a train wreck
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 19, 2016
I worked for wsi during the time they were taking over from Randstad. They came in talking about a significant pay advance and I think I went up ten cents, but after you subtracted the cost of benefits my take home pay was even less than before they took over. There insurance package is pretty awesome so I was okay with that, if it meant it was easier to make sure my kids were taken care of. The job had elements that were pretty physical but I was okay with that. What I wasn't okay with is the fact that management didn't hold everyone to the same standard, be it safety, production, or just our work process in general. There multiple instances where I pointed out boxes of metal spools that were stacked dangerously, and they were largely ignored. Times when I pointed out basic processes that were being done incorrectly and I was basically ignored. My immediate supervisor and the supervisor who was on the next shift in the same rotation were romantically involved with each other, so of course she wasn't gonna back me up when I needed her. I was terminated for being late, while other guys walked out in the middle of their shifts and werection allowed to come back. I was fired whend accoriding to their own company guidelines I still had another step left. Smh
Pros
Good insurance package
Cons
Favoritism, management sleeping with each other, low pay compared to forklift jobs in the area.
ware house services
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  aiken scOctober 3, 2015
A good job for people just getting into the workforce or out of jail. The starting pay was very low for the hard work. It was a great way to enter the work force and build your work history.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.