Warn Automotive

Working at Warn Automotive: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

The quality of the friendships that you make along the way. It's the people that make it work.

I feel that it's the people you work along side of that makes any job bearable. It's always exciting when a new line of product opens up. People enjoy learning new techniques.

Has needed improvement for a long time

A revolving door of managers coming and going, plenty of times your performance reviews will be written by someone who has only known you for 3-4 months. Management is consistently keeping morale low and after numerous "employee surveys" they haven't changed much, HR needs a crash course on how to deal with employees. They hire bad managers and immature, under-qualified team leaders and make the employees deal with the consequencesPromotions and raises are almost never merit-based. The mangers really do play favorites. One thing I need to point out is Warn used to be one of the top companies in Oregon to work for (per The Oregonian) and had most of their staff working there 20+ years. Before I left a majority of the employees there wouldn't stick around longer than 3-4 years, if that.The good parts of the job are there is a great variety in the things you will be asked to do, so you shouldn't get bored. The pay is *sometimes* competitive, the benefits are good as well.

Warn Automotive insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Fun place to work, but expect to work long hours and weekends

Loved everyone I worked with so it made the long hours and weekends fun. It's fun when you have a crew and they're all on the same page of working together and getting production out.

Pros

Celebrate the little things... Ice cream day Natinal pet day Employee appreciation day

Cons

No communication Worked a lot of weekends

Inclusive, diverse and family focused

Products are innovative and cutting edge for the industry. Engineers works well with manufacturing and are open to collaboration. Quality department is active on the shop floor and available to work on root causes of problems internally and with suppliers and customers. Well Balanced: office work/life. Many employees have more than 5 years to over 20 years service with the company. G.M is personable and well engaged with all areas of the business. He actively takes part in employee social activities and is often walking around the shop floor. Employee engagement is great as they celebrate many national days and company milestones. They support local charities and employee involvement with outside charities and organizations. Like any other company, OT is required to support customer demand and build/production schedules. HR assists with personal issues within the company’s policy scope, depending on your request. They are available to needs and accommodations as best they can. 2022 floor Mgmt personnel respected. A++

Horrible place

This is the Walmart of manufacturing. A constant rotation of temporary employees. Underpaid and overworked. Poor benefits and low moral. Managers have no idea how to run the floor and make bad decisions resulting in mandatory overtime on the weekends.

The people at Warn Auto are the core of the culture here. We work hard but we have fun along the way.

Warn Automotive has a family-like culture, here you will find people just starting their career to people who have been with the organization for 40-45 years. Warn Auto values its people!The company has managed the challenges of the pandemic extremely well and has balanced keeping employees safe while also focusing on employee morale. The leadership team works hard to communicate often and be as transparent as possible. The General Manager has a servant leadership style and is hands down the best leader I have ever had the honor of working for and with.

Pros

Culture, People, Variety of Work, Longstanding history, Benefits

New mamagement has completely changed the culture.

Training opportunities are great for newly hired or lower paid workers..Management culture has become dry and stifled, with minimal team cohesiveness or collaboration.; The qty of women or diversity in Leadership has trended downwards.. Many workers are expected to put in 50-70 hr workweeks to maintain current customer obligations. Unfortunately, the work environment is mentally exhausing & difficult to maintain positive well-being

Pros

Coffee and tea; occassional swag items such as water bottles or t-shirts

Cons

Non-Diversity in Leadership; Reduction in highly skilled employee engagement; Profit at all costs.

It's a job, but don't expect to make a career here

Good people to work with, but don't expect advancement either in promotions or pay. Raises come once a year and don't keep up with the minimum wage increases, you'll find yourself making exactly as much you started with when you factor in inflation, and meanwhile temp workers will be hired to fill in the gaps who make more than you do. Promotions are based on favoritism. Healthcare isn't terrible but it's not very good either.

Pros

Steady routine, good workplace culture

Cons

Low pay, favoritism, lackluster healthcare

Promise a lot and give a little.

Work behind desk in meetings, sometimes customer interface, I only learned the products produced with no say so in the development process. Work not hard, sit listen in meetings, and relay/report customer issues. Management is terrible with VP vengeful and director with no say so of business. The most enjoyable times were being with customer trouble shooting problems, supporting assembly at customer plant.

Pros

Easy Engineering work

Cons

Everyone is out for themselves. VP vengeful

Productive, learned and friendly place

employees were nice, focused on getting jobs done. machines were new cnc lathes. as an intern, I worked there for one month, learned on cnc lathes, set up, trouble shoot, inspected metal part.

Excellent

Great company to work for. The hours are nice. There is opportunity for overtime. Company benefits a great. I have met a lot of really wonderful people. The opportunity for growth is great.

Great products

Active work even if you stand in one place all shift. Big factory floor and lots of new equipment that you may get to work on. Nice lunch room and breatk areas.

Be carefull

IT department is not highly regarded. Techs are not treated well, and contractors are replaceable. Management does treat employees as valuable team members.

A fast paced work environment with poor management.

Over the 8 months I worked at Warn Automotive I learned about the serious lack of management and how people with tenure can basically do anything they want without consequences. The job itself it quite demanding and the pay is not adequate.

Taking advantage of employees

I started as an assembler and I've been working as a machinist for a few months now, despite the fact I've proven myself. They still will not bump me up to a Machinist I entry level pay. I make a little over $2 less than what I'm supposed to make. Management just gives the good old runaround. In fact I can't even apply for the job I'm already working because they won't post it. If you want decent pay, look elsewhere.

Cons

Low pay, mediocre benefits, horrible management

Fun place to work

Many of the workers herebtry their best to make this job fun by joking around, having lunches together, and checking up on each other. We strive to make you laugh even on a bad day and help you coup on a sad day. Nothing gets stale and we strive to suceed and make sure you are taught what you want to learn

Pros

Company picnics, nice management

Cons

Stressful, sometimes busy and understaffed

Great People - Fast Growth

Great People, but they have had a lot of change in the past 2 years or so. This could be managed better. All of the office and shop people that you deal with are great.

Fast pace work environment that wears on you

A fast paced work environment with lots of work to do. Ample opportunity to be involved in new projects. Rapidly growing staff and company. Occasional long work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warn Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Warn Automotive in popular locations

• Warn Automotive
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?