Warn Industries Employee Reviews

Warn is poorly managed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 8, 2018
Short term finical goals with minimum new employee training and company equipment/process investment.

Production and Sales Targets are determined then efforts are made to try to figure out how to achieve them.

Result is loss efficiency, confusion, quality issues and overall lack of management ownership of resulting issues.
Pros
Find/Great work long term work force
Cons
New employees will not last long
Nice Co-workers
Design & Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 21, 2018
Spent a short time with Warn Industries. Overall, the employees were nice and easy to get along. Lots of information to learn in a short time. Overall, great place to work at.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No cons
Weak management.
(June-Oct) - Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 20, 2018
Uncommunicative. VERY poor training. Standoffish and no effort to include or improve my skillset.
Told employees one thing while just the opposite was happening. Management was just going thru the motions.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Just a really bad place to work
Production/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 15, 2018
Management has no clue what they are doing, they don't listen to the employees when production problems arise. Usually just expect us to "make it happen". There are a lot of two-faced people working there, pretend to be friendly than run to management when anything goes wrong. Logistics is a nightmare. There are never the parts there when the orders are needed, training new employees is a joke. Trainers all do things differently leading to mistakes and poor quality work. Machines constantly break down. If anything serious comes up, management and HR railroad you till you either shut up about the problem or are forced to quit.
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing. Company does not care about employees family lives at all.
Worst place ever.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 7, 2018
Not a good place to work. Poor management lots of favoritism. No room to grow within the company even though it is promised. Lots of hours mandatory overtime. Hard work is not rewarded.
Unachievable Goals
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 26, 2018
Bad work place everyone's out to get you bad management, if you like long work hours than apply for it i wouldn't recommend it. You do get holidays off though.
machine operator
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 16, 2018
I Work with Team LX FAD
Job duty is to run must be able to operate a variety of CNC and manual machining centers in a fast-paced production environment
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97015March 11, 2018
it was a good place to work meet new people and made new friends and learned a lot of new jobs when I was there learn to drive a forklift and warehouse work.
Manufacturing
Assembler/line handler. (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMarch 7, 2018
I was a temp looking for work, they have position ranging from assembly standing in one spot for 10hrs a day to walking around and running around depending on the position.
Pros
relaxed place to be depending on position
Cons
strict guidlines and rules for safety and quality
long days fast paced
Recycling lead, and customer service for will-call (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 2, 2017
picking all day, for domestic and international orders. Very fast paced environment. Building also has a lot of other employees in it so must watch out for them. Great crew, Management when I was there was great.

Want to know more about Warn Industries?

Ask a question
Good place to work at
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 20, 2017
Warn is a great place to work at and the atmosphere is great. My coworkers are great and easy to get along with. Warn's insurance packet is great and affordable for their employees.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, vision
Cons
Short breaks
they did have a ping pong table in the lunch room
CNC Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 7, 2017
I learned a lot from warn I worked on various machines. It was praise for my efforts and hard work by being handed a pair of Movie tickets for putting up big Numbers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
co workers were not so helpful
I liked working there
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 6, 2017
I liked working there made some mistakes and I did my best I had no problems with people there worked good with every one I was really never sick I was on time every day
Exciting place to work, good products and people!
Planner/Buyer ii (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 19, 2017
I was part of a new team established to produce ATV Powertrain components to a new ATV customer/manufacture. It was a very challenging and fast paced place to work. We were pushed to meet deadlines for component and sub-assembly shipments. The JDE ERP was a challenge as it was outdated and difficult to navigate in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the quality products we produced.
Pros
Culture, fun workplace, work hard/play hard mantality!
Cons
Tight deadlines, job stability, multiple layoffs!
Great company with great opportunities
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJuly 3, 2017
clock in, forklift check list, start supplying work areas with product for manufacturing. I learned that it takes a complete team to get your job done right. management team was very strong they always cared about the employee and the working conditions. the hardest part was trying to take care of all the different teams and their needs. the most enjoyable part was working with awesome people.
Pros
very generous bonus once a year
Cons
could never fill all the job openings
Bad company to work for
Production/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 24, 2017
Day starts with no supervisor, lazy people, everyone's out for themselves.
Learned to make winches on very outdated, often broken down equipment.
Management cares nothing about workers.
Culture is that of pretending to be friendly then stabbing others in the back.
Long work hours, very low, non-competitive pay.
Pros
Free fruit on Wed
Cons
Very low pay, uncaring management
Struggling to Compete with Global Manufacturing
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 17, 2017
Their product is exactly what overseas companies can do very efficiently which puts them in a constant struggle to cut costs. Very high overhead kills their margins and stresses the entire company to the limit. Find a company that make a product which has a future.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory overtime for salaried employees, micromanaging, verbal abuse, and overtaxed workforce.
Ok place to work for machinists
Machinist II (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 11, 2017
If you're a machinist, it's a pretty good place to work with a good boss, opportunity for OT and cross training.
If you're an assembler, it's not as good a place to work. Minimal opportunity for advancment.
Pros
Big discount on products, 10 paid holidays off/year, lots of OT, 3 weeks of PTO
Cons
assembly management
A good place to work
Material Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 10, 2017
Warn is a great place to work, everyone is always willing to help each other. The hours may be long but the people make it worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
Good people
Cons
A great place to work and room to move up.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working there at Warn. I learned some new things and also was able to use some skills I had already picked up elsewhere. The company was clean and organized. A nice place to work.