Warner Bros Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for if your are interested in the media/entertainment business
Director, Sales Forecasting (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 5, 2018
Great, talented staff. It was a new sector for me to be involved in, and the learning curve was steep. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and would recommend Warner Bros. to anyone interested in the business. Some clearly defined inter-departmental lines, which made interaction with other groups challenging at time.
World class, forward focusssed marketing organization.
Executive Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 26, 2018
I had to honor of contributing to a wonderful organization for 10 years. Unfortunately with the highly competitive marketplace, made internal shifts necessary. I will always consider myself part of the WB family and wish them only the best, as I know they are.
Excellent company for the new generation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 25, 2018
WB is the place to be if you are in the technology space. They've done a thorough job on the corporate cleaning house of employees lacking technical skills. The employee benefits and culture are exciting for new hires. Most folks who have been there 5+ years are worried about losing their jobs, so that creates bad vibes. Otherwise, it's wonderful.
Pros
employee events, 401k matching, summer flex fridays, great vacation policy
Cons
no career track, zero collaboration across groups, each to his own mentality
Nice Company
Royalty Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 25, 2018
Nice company overall. Great benefits. Nice atmosphere. Company events. Could improve management and managers. Would work for then again in another department.
What WB is to me
CONSULTANT Strategy and Finance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2018
Warner is a great place to work. They offer many opportunities and have multiple places to move in pursuing your career. I would work back with them quickly.
An Awesome place to Work
Production Assistant on TV sit-com "All of Us" (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 15, 2018
I worked there as a Production Assistant on the show "All of Us." The work environment was great. Very creative and stimulating and fun.

The hours were long and the pay was fairly minimal but I loved the job, the environment it was in, all the people I got to see on a daily basis, the free lunches and work perks like free video rental checkouts, the many great food options at the Cafeteria and more.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Food Options at Cafeteria, Great Environment
Cons
Long hours, relatively low pay
Great team of people/ strong work ethics/ no room for growth/advancement
Exec Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 5, 2018
Never a dull moment at the office. Busy phones, lots of emails, managed the intern program for my department, handled assisting a President of a department as well as my music supervising (in-house) my own low budget films as well as supporting my boss on huge budget films.

Great team of people.

I've been here for 10 years and I am ready for a junior executive role at at company (studio, production company, google, amazon, hulu, netflix, etc...) where i can utilize my talent/skills and music supervise my own projects.

I feel that there is a lack of growth/advancement at my company so that is why I am currently looking.
Pros
people, the work, the slate of films, more responsibiliteis
Cons
no advancement/growth
Great people but poor management and career advancement
MANAGER, GLOBAL FRANCHISE MANAGEMENT - DC Ent. (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 10, 2018
The company does a pretty good job of offering perks to employees. You'll meet a lot of great people while working there. The company is very silo'd however they always say they are trying to change that perception.
Production Assistant Job doesn't directly apply
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  san francisco californiaSeptember 3, 2018
Production Assistant Job doesn't directly apply. You are working with a makeshift team everytime, so every show or porject is going to be different.
For me it was a good break and I made a lot of contacts.
Food was always included and they play by the rules.
I was a production assistant on San Andreas, the film where Dwyane 'the rock' johnson is a helicopter pilot and the san andreas fault gives away.
Pleasant to work for but very slow
Manager of Product/Program Management (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 1, 2018
I came from a role that was large scale, fast, and complex. WB was the opposite. Very little money available to do anything. All projects were outsourced to 3rd parties who would bring in their own business analysts, project managers, and developers. Outdated mindset towards technology.
Best first job I ever had
Quality Control - Graphics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 20, 2018
I got the job through a Career Services group from school and it didn't take long for me to see that even though I was still in school, I would call this place my career and work-home for a long time. 18 years later and I've had nothing but good times and learned so much. Warner Bros is one of the best companies to work for--they will take care of you.
Pros
rich history, work environment, entertainment products, and the people
Cons
everyone wants to work here
Good company
Manager Change Management and Communications (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 9, 2018
This was a good company that focused on giving a work/life balance to its employees. Would work for this company again and would recommend to friends.
TV Sitcom Writer
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Talented and funny professionals to work with, fun and exciting workplace, great sense of accomplishment, job security, terrific salary.
Pros
Terrific work place
Cons
Lots of perks and the company is awesome.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2018
WB really takes good care of its employees and their families. The company also gives back to the community as well as being a responsible company overall.
Pros
Recycling program, green initiatives, great pay and benefits
Cons
out-sourcing has caused too many layoffs
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Warner Brothers it was a change of pace for me, I took a break from accounting when I took this position. Thank you for asking
Never a typical day at work
Hotel and Travel Coordination (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2018
Loved my time there! Great opportunities. Never ever a dull moment. I enjoyed my time there and although I was so tired, I'd never trade the experience for anything else.
Pros
Celebrities, Reading Scripts, Wrap Parties
Cons
Really Long Work Days
I was a fun and family oriented environment to work for.
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 15, 2018
Working as an Assistant buyer at Warner Brothers was memorable for me. I get to worked with great people and learned something new when someone was on leave or sick. When I was not busy, I volunteered my time to help the planning and sourcing departments. I was nominated by the planning team and I got a carrot award and a bonus pay for doing above and beyond my job duty.
Pros
Paid Jury duty. Can go back to school with company's helped.
Cons
No night shipped. No profit sharing.
After 13 loyal years, I was laid off
Copywriter/Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 10, 2018
Don't be fooled, Warner Bros. is a corporation that makes products, not a Mom-and-Pop place that makes art. Just remember that, and never trust a corporation...
Pros
Free employee screenings in certains locations
Cons
Horribly stupid managers
Productive and fun place to work
Participations Supervisor / Lead (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2018
A great place to learn about the entertainment industry with great coworkers and management. Also the company provides great perks such as 100% charity match and other benefits.
CA - Metadata Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2018
Warner Brothers Entertainment Group is a wonderful entertainment company to work for, to contribute, to learn and be part of some of the best corporate teams in the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Bros Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight